Since the 1st day of BB10 release and people having issue with BBM on Z10, there were many issue and bugs

Some of them solved but still we have a lot, and the versions of BBM on BB10 is not that solid as it was on BBOS

-Still cannot insert emoticons while writing B.C.
    -Still cannot send B.C. to specific category from contacts
    - Display Picture issue still appear
    - Annoying reports for channel cannot be stop or control the user itself
    - Slow

I live in Middle East and people here love BlackBerry essentially due to BBM, and especially for Broadcasts

I'm sure many users return back to OS7 due horrible poor BBM we have

If Blackberry doesn't response to their users, who will?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 10:02 AM
    It's everything ok with you?

Sent from my Blackberry Z30
    05-04-14 10:06 AM
    BBM is fantastic on BB10 compared to whatsapp...The only problem is very few people use it compared to whatsapp...BBM is like Porches and Whatsapp is like Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 10:09 AM
    @ de marco.... LOL.. i just loved your post

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 10:12 AM
    BBM is fantastic on BB10 compared to whatsapp...The only problem is very few people use it compared to whatsapp...BBM is like Porches and Whatsapp is like Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic

Posted via CB10
    We love BBM, and I'm using it for more than 4 years, but it's disappointed on BB10
    What would you say about the emoticons while typing a broadcast

#IOS have it and able to
    #Android have it and able to
    #BB10 cannot!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    airbatross likes this.
    05-04-14 10:13 AM
    I also think that BBM in OS7 is more stable and quickly than BBM in OS 10.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    05-04-14 10:14 AM
    BBM for me on BB10 was fast and fluid up to the point they decided to add these childish stickers. Leave the stickers as an add-in for BBM don't put them in there by default as it's not to everyones liking but I have definitely notice a performance hit on BBM since their introduction.
    I think it's a little bit drastic though to say whatsapp is more stable but that's just me plus BBM for Android and iOS don't use BlackBerries priority services which is why BBM on the BlackBerry remains up when Android and iOS BBM service is down. BlackBerry were not stupid in this sense.
    acovey likes this.
    05-04-14 10:25 AM
    Unfortunately, I find the thread title to be spot on.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 10:37 AM
    IMO, the real crime is from some of my contacts that use BC messaging in the first place!
    Seemingly for every chance they get. About nothing!................................
    I'm glad stickers cannot be added to the BC annoyances.
    sk8er_tor, Lendo and habs_fan like this.
    05-04-14 10:44 AM
    IMO, the real crime is from some of my contacts that use BC messaging in the first place!
    Seemingly for every chance they get. About nothing!................................
    I'm glad stickers cannot be added to the BC annoyances.
    This!!!!

It must be an Middle east / Non NA thing to BC messages, I give one waring and delete whoever does. Either message me or heck even use the multi person chat. Or create a Group.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 and MADBRADNYC like this.
    05-04-14 11:16 AM
    Let's see with whatsapp I cannot send 100 mb files via Dropbox no glympse no voice call or video calls no stickers unable to add anyone that doesn't want to share a phone number with me less secure . BBM IS WAY More superior to whatsapp in many ways not mention Bbm channels so any channels that have become part of my routine I use Bbm channels much more then Facebook feeds. Etc etc

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 11:23 AM
    LOL! Yet, who wouldn't rather have a Porche instead of Carolla or Civic? Let's keep getting the word out.

OP - intriguing way to start up conversations.

I like my coffee BlackBerry Black! What?
    Never had any issues with BBM on BB10 between BlackBerry users.

I might have issues if I send a BBM to a user using Android or iOS.

Posted via CB10
    This!!!!

It must be an Middle east / Non NA thing to BC messages, I give one waring and delete whoever does. Either message me or heck even use the multi person chat. Or create a Group.

Posted via CB10
    Ikr! Had some dude sending out about 7-8 broadcasts a day wishing people good morning, good evening, good night and to send a ping if you were happy. Who even likes that.

Use both BBM and WhatsApp. Love WhatsApp more for its group chat features and the fact that I can send multiple pics (when, BBM, when?) and love BBM for individual chats, voice, video and Channels.

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 and MADBRADNYC like this.
    05-04-14 11:24 AM
    This!!!!

Yes!
    I don't mind special occasions or holidays.
    Look at my new baby boy!, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy 4th of July, etc.......
    It's the guy that says.... "Hi"..... DAILY!!!!!
    And then continues on and on about nothing!
    05-04-14 11:24 AM
    I love my bbm on my bb10 device but it's laggy and often makes crazy things.
    Many other reported the same issues.
    I like it but when I had Whattsapp before it was running much better.
    But this laggy problem are with many BlackBerry developed apps.
    They are not the fastest.

Wenn du mir sagst, was dort drau�en richtig ist, werde ich nicht mehr versuchen dich zu k�ssen... (Sayumi Whisp) www.sayumi.de
    05-04-14 11:29 AM
    Thank you Nexus! :-) IDK what BBM is like on other devices, but on my BB10 device, it's awesome!

I don't see any lag. I use stickers if I want, or not. They aren't in the way at all (besides i've grown to like them). I've never seen BBM crash/hard close. We've had instances of Voice calls being clearer through BBM (in fact, between my BlackBerry and the other guy's Android) than a regular phone call. I like it and hope more improvements be made especially for the other platforms.

I like my coffee BlackBerry Black! What?
    05-04-14 11:29 AM
    Actually stickers on BBM aside from the 'real' emoticons are nothing new and certainly not something BlackBerry dreamed up. It's a welcome addition for some, granted whether free or at a cost.
    I think the issue here really was BBM and whatsapp and I can only say my honest opinion on the matter. I do strict messaging one to one rather than group chats, broadcasting etc so maybe I don't suffer as much as some.

By far though BBM has been the best messaging tool for me and you can never please everyone.
    Last edited by Elite1; 05-05-14 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Removed quote of deleted post
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-04-14 11:30 AM
    The performance issue is real. Compared to whatsapp, BBM is very jittery for me. I also have some contact pics that don't show up. Reliability has also improved for me but I still believe there is more room for improvement. I'm still waiting for certain features before I feel comfortable of asking more friends to use it

Posted via CB10
    lazypapichulo21 likes this.
    05-04-14 11:34 AM
    I don't see the big problem because people send BC to me that have emoticons.

I absolutely hated Whatsapp, so I deleted it.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    05-04-14 11:41 AM
    This thread, BBM stickers and now the point about performance issues on BBM in BB10 makes me feel good that I am still using BBOS7. Sending this via my PlayBook while bridged to my 9900 in a cafe with no wifi.
    Last edited by Elite1; 05-05-14 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Removed quote of deleted post
    05-04-14 11:46 AM
    This thread, BBM stickers and now the point about performance issues on BBM in BB10 makes me feel good that I am still using BBOS7. Sending this via my PlayBook while bridged to my 9900 in a cafe with no wifi.
    Yes because the 10 people that posted about all of that voice the same opinion as 1000s that haven't posted in various other threads about how bb10 is better or other great things (even about bbm)

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 11:51 AM
    I am on BB10, and I am totally happy with BBM on my device. No Stickers, no Whatsapp, and no problems here. Well, if people stopped with the BC messages.... but BBOS7 can receive those too.
    Elite1 and vinniesworld like this.
    05-04-14 11:51 AM
    I hate broadcast messages and delete any contact that uses them.

BBM on BB10 works perfectly smooth for me, particularly with the most recent update. There are a few minor kinks but they're very minor.
    habs_fan and stlabrat like this.
    05-04-14 12:05 PM
    Let's see with whatsapp I cannot send 100 mb files via Dropbox no glympse no voice call or video calls no stickers unable to add anyone that doesn't want to share a phone number with me less secure . BBM IS WAY More superior to whatsapp in many ways not mention Bbm channels so any channels that have become part of my routine I use Bbm channels much more then Facebook feeds. Etc etc

Posted via CB10
    VOICE CALLs are still glitchy, especially when they are cross-platform.
    BBM VIDEO is not cross platform.
    There are FEW people on BBM.
    Still not available on Windows Phone!
    Whatsapp has a faster development rate...look how fast they are supporting the BB10 platform, their new updates are getting better.
    Stickers are not available on Groups!
    The UI is still complex - by that I mean too many clicks to do something...(for example, if I have to read something from a particular channel, I have to first go to channels then Subscribed Channels then click on the channels OR Suppose if I get a message on my group, and I check it, now if I want to quickly go to the Groups main screen, from HUB, I cannot...I have to open BBM and then do it..its an unnecessary step which is slowing the productivity!)

I think the OP is right and we need a lot of criticism, constructive definitely, from all of us, if BBM wants its once held dominance back!
    lazypapichulo21 likes this.
    05-04-14 01:02 PM
93 123 ...