You got the key point. It is not about how Sony got hacked. When they need a mobile solution for emergency, they chose BlackBerry. They didn't choose other phones with cloud services.
    A key point is BB10 has no cloud services, I doubt they still had active BES so I assume they used BIS.
    john_v likes this.
    01-01-15 10:57 AM
    I do expect Chen to come out and straight this out loud and clear!

Cheers

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    01-01-15 11:22 AM
    I do expect Chen to come out and straight this out loud and clear!

Cheers

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    He has: http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...l#post11215160
    01-01-15 02:12 PM
    so the conclusion is there is nothing positive for BlackBerry in this, so all those of you who were searching for some good BlackBerry news too bad....according to the usual
    01-01-15 06:23 PM
    Hack was an inside job.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 08:23 PM
    so the conclusion is there is nothing positive for BlackBerry in this, so all those of you who were searching for some good BlackBerry news too bad....according to the usual
    You can come to your own conclusion. My conclusion is that it's quite Positive. Any time a large company like that is forced to use your products because nothing else will do has to be taken as a positive

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 11:30 PM
    I think Chen handled it exceptionally well. He squeezed out positivity, but refused to be drawn into an indefensible decision.

Count it as a win.
    01-01-15 11:51 PM
    Until I hear otherwise this is what I know.

Sony had a significant IT incident.
    Sony employees were unable to communicate via email with their current system
    Sony employees were subsequently given BlackBerry devices in order communicate.

Forget all the BIS and BES stuff. Forget all the OS 6/7 or BB 10.

The point here is that Sony management under duress "needed" to establish secure communications and they relied on BlackBerry. Not Apple or Samsung.

Companies worldwide have taken notice. People can put any spin they want on this but when you take all the fluff and negativity away you are left with decision makers seeing and hearing that "BlackBerry allowed Sony to permit BC (business continuity). End of story.

Posted using my amazing Passport
    01-02-15 09:06 AM
    Until I hear otherwise this is what I know.

Sony had a significant IT incident.
    Sony employees were unable to communicate via email with their current system
    Sony employees were subsequently given BlackBerry devices in order communicate.

Forget all the BIS and BES stuff. Forget all the OS 6/7 or BB 10.

The point here is that Sony management under duress "needed" to establish secure communications and they relied on BlackBerry. Not Apple or Samsung.

Companies worldwide have taken notice. People can put any spin they want on this but when you take all the fluff and negativity away you are left with decision makers seeing and hearing that "BlackBerry allowed Sony to permit BC (business continuity). End of story.

Posted using my amazing Passport
    I prefer to understand the nuances of a story rather than intentionally ignoring details that are inconsistent with what I wish the story was about.
    mornhavon likes this.
    01-02-15 12:12 PM
    Why split a hair?,

Security issues are alive and well. This incident brings it to the corporate front line like nothing before it. Blackberries implication IS positive, no matter how you spin it. When in trouble you call Batman, no body cares if he's the Adam West version or Christian Bale, it's Batman dammit.

Posted via CB10
    john_v likes this.
    01-02-15 02:33 PM
    Why split a hair?,

Security issues are alive and well. This incident brings it to the corporate front line like nothing before it. Blackberries implication IS positive, no matter how you spin it. When in trouble you call Batman, no body cares if he's the Adam West version or Christian Bale, it's Batman dammit.

Posted via CB10
    You win this thread. Thanks for making me laugh.
    abwan11 likes this.
    01-02-15 02:35 PM
    No need to call Batman, I see a franchise reboot opportunity for Sony pictures...

Sony temporarily went back to BlackBerry during recent attack-tyr144.300.jpg
    slagman5 and Prem WatsApp like this.
    01-03-15 08:55 AM
    So fact that emails were being stolen practical the same day there sent is not a mobility issue. Really? And then your explanation for why mobile communications at Sony has collapsed and they move moved back to there old BlackBerries is what? Was it Nostalgia day at Sony?You do know that Sony is actually running meetings in their parking lot at the moment!!!!! Time to wake up.

Posted via CB10
    So the emails couldn't have been stolen from the internal servers that were hacked? Come on it has nothing to do with mobility. The fact that Sony went back to BlackBerry is great. But it only has to do with the fact that they had server problems and their older BlackBerry servers were a secure solution.

The original hack itself had nothing to do with mobility. It's kind of sad how BlackBerry fanaticals are quick to say that any disaster is because the company stopped using BlackBerry for mobility.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    01-06-15 04:12 AM
    Someone got a hold on an Administrator password.

Not sure how they got it though.

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-06-15 06:30 AM
    Someone got a hold on an Administrator password.

Not sure how they got it though.

From the articles I've read and posted it was through spear phishing. Since admin accounts and passwords were saved plain text once they had one account and password they had the keys to the kingdom.

I have yet to see one single article that discusses mobility as a factor.

Spear phishing through the email is the easiest of social engineering attacks. And very easy to fall prey to.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    01-06-15 06:36 AM
    Personally I see it in a positive way!!! While the article is negative, it could easily be turned with a title: It's a shame when an ancient technology is more secure than the new Android and iPhone !!!

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1949
    01-06-15 06:57 AM
    Personally I see it in a positive way!!! While the article is negative, it could easily be turned with a title: It's a shame when an ancient technology is more secure than the new Android and iPhone !!!

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1949
    How does the phone used prevent social engineering attacks such as spear phishing? How does the phone used prevent access to admin accounts and password kept unencrypted and obtained via spear phishing? Once an entry is obtained behind firewalls how does a phone prevent the access to additional accounts and passwords kept unencrypted?

01-06-15 07:06 AM
    From the articles I've read and posted it was through spear phishing. Since admin accounts and passwords were saved plain text once they had one account and password they had the keys to the kingdom.

I have yet to see one single article that discusses mobility as a factor.

Spear phishing through the email is the easiest of social engineering attacks. And very easy to fall prey to.

Saved in plain text? Not on our 100+ servers.

We also do not keep passwords in a dir named passwords.
    We also have security audits monthly from outside sources as well as weekly security scans.

It is also being claimed to be an inside job too.

01-06-15 07:58 AM
    Saved in plain text? Not on our 100+ servers.

We also do not keep passwords in a dir named passwords.
    We also have security audits monthly from outside sources as well as weekly security scans.

It is also being claimed to be an inside job too.

They had ridiculously poor security practices.

01-06-15 08:02 AM
    Let's see if Sony is going great take security seriously from this fiasco. They never seem to learn their lessons after numerous hacks.

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 10:54 AM
    They had plenty of opportunities to understand and make changes but they didn't. I doubt that they will unless corporate culture changes.
    Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    01-06-15 11:13 AM
    They'll never learn until they get burned in hell =)

They had plenty of opportunities to understand and make changes but they didn't. I doubt that they will unless corporate culture changes.
    Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 11:51 AM
    That sad fact is corporate America has put security on the back shelf and gladly welcomed the BYOD programs because it saved them money and put more into their piggy banks. If you think they implemented these programs out of the kindness of their hearts, your dead wrong.

Until they get hit with a major hack like Sony did and it hits em where it hurts the worst, their pocketbook, nothing is going to change. Believe me when I say that what happened to Sony is only a sliver of what's to come.

It seems like every day I read about another major companies servers being hacked. What is really unsettling is sometimes they wait months before letting the public know what happened!!

The fact that they where still able to use their older BlackBerry devices at Sony during the crisis to communicate has put BlackBerry in a prime position.

The smart ones will take notice, the other ones that will take the risk thinking it won't happen to them. Just another front page story waiting in the wind.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    01-06-15 02:49 PM
98 ... 234