I used BDM4M to copy my songs onto my BB, and a day later i realized that quire a few do not have any info and the phone is just pulling the file name. I'v tried resyncing and rebuilding BBthumbs.dat, but nothing fixes it! I checked and it's still organized into folders (music/artist/albulm/song.mp3), but no info seems to be pulled.
    help?

EDIT: I did a side by side comparison with a working file and it seems as if the file does not have an Author info while the one that works does...
    Last edited by grahamf; 04-20-10 at 05:54 PM.
    04-20-10 05:50 PM
    It has nothing to do with the bbthumbs file, the info comes from the ID3 tag that is attached to the file. I assume that however you got it onto your BB stripped the ID3 tags off. What's BDM4M?
    04-20-10 07:32 PM
    BDM4M - Blackberry Desktop manager for Mac.
    I've been trying to re-encode the ID3 tags but nothing seems to work
    04-23-10 08:50 PM
    I've used iTunes to convert all songs to use ID3 v2.3, but still same issue.
    04-25-10 03:51 PM
    That's strange. Are the ones that aren't working right in the correct folder in regards to artist and album? If they are, then DM is reading the ID3 tag because that's where the info comes from.

You could try bypassing DM and just replacing the problem songs by hand to see if that fixes it. Not ideal, but it would tell you if the problem is with the phone or with DM.
    04-25-10 06:03 PM
    Still no dice.
    I'm thinking that iTunes is not adding the ID3 tags (just converting the ones that have it), because I checked the songs using the Finder. the first attachment is of a song that the BB identifies, and the second is one that the BB does not.
    I'm going to try to re-encode the songs as AAC and see if that helps.
    Last edited by grahamf; 04-25-10 at 08:17 PM.
    04-25-10 08:06 PM
    UPDATE It seems to have added the ID3 tags, but I'm waiting for the conversion to finish to re-sync the BB.
    04-25-10 08:18 PM
    AAC def has the ID3 tags.
    04-25-10 08:23 PM
    It worked. just now the sync included both versions, so I have to delete and re-sync, but that's no biggie.
    04-25-10 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD