This isn't the first time this has happened.

Friday evening I go to mow the lawn, so naturally I hit the power button to put the phone in stand-by, then afterwards put the Z10 in my pocket. After I was done mowing, I pulled the phone out of my pocket and somehow it called my wifes' work for about 6 minutes (which I don't understand why no one hung up on the other end), sent an email, and had 2 other frames actively open. It was the strangest thing. Maybe it's possessed.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    06-24-13 09:54 AM
    Set a password lock on it and that won't happen. Set the lock timeout to max (I think that is one hour). That way during the day it won't lock on you during normal use.
    06-24-13 09:56 AM
    yes. i think the problem is your sweaty leg. i had that problem as well. you can either put it in your pocket but the screen heading away from your leg or disable the oppertunity to unlock the device by gesture.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 10:26 AM
    I can't remember which way the screen was facing. I will be more aware of it next time and see if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by blackhawksfan75; 06-24-13 at 11:01 AM.
    06-24-13 10:32 AM
    no no no not the worst... i think the optimus speed is worse and i don't like htc's android versions...

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 10:50 AM
    FWIW, I wouldn't do anything to physically exerting with any electronic device in my pocket or to close to the body. I always think the heat from the body could somehow cause condensation and moisture in the device.

Besides if the Z did that many things while in pocket couldn't it easily reach the max number of password attempts and lock the phone.
    I think there's a disable screen setting while locked that can be enabled.

While waiting for my holster to arrive, one time I put the phone in my pocket and noticed later that it had gotten to and filled the entire password screen with characters, from that point on I stopped placing it in my pocket.
    06-24-13 10:53 AM
    A few of my friends have had the same problem before and I've seen a few posts on here about having their phone in their pocket on a hot day, and when they pull it out and unlock it, they see texts and phone calls being made lol. So i guess it's normal? Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 10:54 AM
    Doesn't have to be a hot day. I've pocket dialed and taken pictures of the inside of my pocket with my work pants in an air conditioned store...I can't use the gesture unlock because of it. which sucks.

My gs3 used to take screen shots in my pocket because of the touch win ship to screen shot gesture as well.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    06-24-13 10:58 AM
    There's another post similar to yours.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...4/#post8702299
    06-24-13 11:08 AM
    Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 03:59 PM
    I wondered the same thing, if my Z10 has a mind of its own. I picked it up after several hours of inactivity and found that it was off. That's odd. I had not turned it off at all. Huh.

And it bugs me that I turned off the sound notification for apps, including CB, but the next day, the sound comes back when I open CB again. I don't get why my setting was not saved.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 07:48 PM
    I had the screen locked and I pocket dialed 911. Somehow they are able to call you, even though there is still an open line. I was a tad embarrassed.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 09:15 PM
    yes. i think the problem is your sweaty leg. i had that problem as well. you can either put it in your pocket but the screen heading away from your leg or disable the oppertunity to unlock the device by gesture.

Posted via CB10
    Sweaty legs and gesture to unlock on the Z10 go well together huh? I always put it face away.

A few of my friends have had the same problem before and I've seen a few posts on here about having their phone in their pocket on a hot day, and when they pull it out and unlock it, they see texts and phone calls being made lol. So i guess it's normal? Lol

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully the Z10 doesn't send out any messages with slang words - especially to parents or even worse the boss LOL

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 09:23 PM
    This isn't the first time this has happened.

Friday evening I go to mow the lawn, so naturally I hit the power button to put the phone in stand-by, then afterwards put the Z10 in my pocket. After I was done mowing, I pulled the phone out of my pocket and somehow it called my wifes' work for about 6 minutes (which I don't understand why no one hung up on the other end), sent an email, and had 2 other frames actively open. It was the strangest thing. Maybe it's possessed.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    That's because the phone belongs in a holster, not your pocket. I also have a great set of noise canceling headphones (QC 15) and I stream Pandora while cutting the grass. You can barely hear the mower, volume is set to a reasonable, non-hearing damaging level.

Doesn't have to be a hot day. I've pocket dialed and taken pictures of the inside of my pocket with my work pants in an air conditioned store...I can't use the gesture unlock because of it. which sucks.

My gs3 used to take screen shots in my pocket because of the touch win ship to screen shot gesture as well.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    It's your husband remotely activating the camera, trying to see how much money you're spending.
    06-25-13 12:14 PM