So I have a New Blackberry Storm 9350. It's awesome! Boy do I wish I could load it up with mp3s! Only problem is I have a mac and it doesn't like the rhapsody disk and doesn't install the driver and doesn't recognize my storm when I plug it in.

thanks!
    03-12-09 03:11 PM
    You can email them to yourself. It shoud recognize the phone when you plug it into your Mac. You may have to enable mass storage on the device before it will recognize.
    03-12-09 05:43 PM
    Yeah, I don't have a mac, but I transfer over pics and everything through mass storage. Just enable that, and drag and drop a "BlackBerry" file of music to your "music" folder on your Media Card. Be sure to put each artist's songs in a folder titled with the artists name, within your "BlackBerry" (or whatever you name it) folder.
    03-12-09 05:46 PM
    You can email them to yourself. It shoud recognize the phone when you plug it into your Mac. You may have to enable mass storage on the device before it will recognize.

Not if the file size exceeds 2.9MB. That is the maximum allowed file size for email downloads.
    03-12-09 05:49 PM
    This is true. I assumed that the original poster was looking for .mp3 ringtones, not actual full sized music files.
    03-12-09 05:52 PM
    if you have a memory card reader (you can get the ones that plug into your USB port), you can plug the media card onto an extension then plug that into the computer and transfer music that way...
    03-12-09 07:52 PM
    Ok first yes enable device to mass storage and install the blackberry software that came with the phone on the blue cd. I have a macbook and am running osx 10.4 sadly I want leopard! Lol anyways it should work fine if not reinstall disk again. I do not know if the issue is just with the rhapsody I use itunes and it works fine. Also if you have a mac running osx 10.5 you can go to rim's site and download the beta or trial music manager for macs browse the downloads section you will find it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 08:52 PM
    if you have a memory card reader (you can get the ones that plug into your USB port), you can plug the media card onto an extension then plug that into the computer and transfer music that way...
    This is by far the best method. I use a PC and still manage
    my media card like this. Easy to drag and drop. I do this for
    pics, music, and movies.

Plus it's easier to mass delete things or even mass hide
    files as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 08:56 PM
    Can you burn your music to DVDs and then use them to create an iTUNES installation on your PC or your friend's PC ? If you can, then go to RIM and download Media Sync (NOT the one UNDER your DM) and use it to transfer to your Storm, including your Playlists. This may seem tedious, but then you will also have backed up your music !

Doctor Neutron
    03-12-09 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD