Can someone please explain something to me. How come for some applications they will work with a certain model of blackberry and not all? I see other applications for android work with every single android phone regardless of size or make. Same with apple. How come BB is like this? Will the new qnx phones be more like android and apple in this aspect?

I am trying to get an Asee video surveilance application, which is for some reason not even on app world, to work on a 9930. It is said to work on other phones but this one is not supported.
    11-27-11 08:14 PM
    Its because the OS keeps changing and each OS comes with new devs tools not supported by other phones

ie. Magnometer
    11-27-11 08:19 PM
    Can someone please explain something to me. How come for some applications they will work with a certain model of blackberry and not all? I see other applications for android work with every single android phone regardless of size or make. Same with apple. How come BB is like this? Will the new qnx phones be more like android and apple in this aspect? I am trying to get an Asee video surveilance application, which is for some reason not even on app world, to work on a 9930. It is said to work on other phones but this one is not supported.
    No not all apps work on all androids. If a app was coded to work on android 3.0 it might not work on 1.0 unless it was coded that way. Same way with ios. The app must not have been coded for that os version yet. This isn't a BB thing its with all OSes windows, unix, apple's etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by 13echo4; 11-28-11 at 03:24 AM.
    11-27-11 09:20 PM
    Screen size is also an issue.

Just saying.

Loading a Torch app on a 9930, will give a cut off menu and all sorts of weird things. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-11 09:24 PM
    Can someone please explain something to me. How come for some applications they will work with a certain model of blackberry and not all? I see other applications for android work with every single android phone regardless of size or make. Same with apple. How come BB is like this? Will the new qnx phones be more like android and apple in this aspect?

I am trying to get an Asee video surveilance application, which is for some reason not even on app world, to work on a 9930. It is said to work on other phones but this one is not supported.
    Yes. BBX is going (well at least suppose to) to reduce fragmentation among BBX devices. This goes for all BBX device (smartphones, tablets and whatever else they put it on).

iOS already has something like this in place, and Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is going to be aiming for this as well.
    11-27-11 09:39 PM
    Yeah thats good news to hear. Blackberry needs to simplify their operation. I think its why iphone has so many apps. Make one for apple and every iphone user can download it. Not the same for BB obviously.
    11-28-11 05:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD