Recently, any picture I take ends up corrupted (shows up as a big red X). I can view it but then I try to send it as an email, then email recipient ends up saying they've received a whole lot of nothing. I go back into my phone to view the picture and, lo-and-behold, all I can see is a big red X.
    Not a happy camper! I'm missing out on a lot of cute pics here.
    Can anybody help??
    (I've recently gone through and dumped a lot of pics that were on there, to no avail.)
    Thanks. (I reposted this, it was in 8100 but nobody has replied at all...)
    Thanks.
    08-22-07 05:58 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? Does this happen with pics taken before the issue started happening?

Things to try:
    1. battery pull
    2. wipe and reload OS
    3. Format memory card (I put this last, because you'll lose your pics and tunes if you can't back them up.)
    08-22-07 06:45 PM
    Updating to the latest OS can solve many proublems. Just a thought...
    08-22-07 07:41 PM
    My picture problem is I have no idea how to post a picture in my profile like some of you guys have when you post in here. Can I do it from my BBpearl as opposed to having to be on a computer?
    08-22-07 09:45 PM
    My picture problem is I have no idea how to post a picture in my profile like some of you guys have when you post in here. Can I do it from my BBpearl as opposed to having to be on a computer?
    You should post this question in the Site Problems or Bugs forum rather than jacking someone else's thread. Also, check out the site FAQs, Search, and Help features.
    08-23-07 06:38 AM
    The picture that are you trying to see is an attachment file or is saved in your image folder on the BB Device?
    08-23-07 11:22 AM
    Recently, any picture I take ends up corrupted (shows up as a big red X). I can view it but then I try to send it as an email, then email recipient ends up saying they've received a whole lot of nothing. I go back into my phone to view the picture and, lo-and-behold, all I can see is a big red X.
    Not a happy camper! I'm missing out on a lot of cute pics here.
    Can anybody help??
    (I've recently gone through and dumped a lot of pics that were on there, to no avail.)
    Thanks. (I reposted this, it was in 8100 but nobody has replied at all...)
    Thanks.
    I had the same problem after a short time of having my pearl. even my preloaded pics were not viewable. reloading the OS fixed it.

good luck!
    08-23-07 09:34 PM
    thanks, gonna try OS reload and will let you know if it works.
    serious newbie question -- can you just load the latest version if there have been several updates? or do you need to load each one? (Doy...)
    08-27-07 01:10 PM
    Just the latest. You'll be wiping the device, kind of like formatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows (or Linux, etc...)
    08-27-07 02:03 PM
    Alright, that seems to have helped... (crossing fingers.)
    Thanks, gang!!
    08-28-07 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD