Why do you think a person would buy BlackBerry Leap for Rs 21k and not the iPhone5c for 24k?
    Last edited by Rick Banerjee; 05-25-15 at 06:17 AM.
    05-25-15 05:52 AM
    Why do you think a person would buy BlackBerry Leap for Rs 21k and not the iPhone5c for 24k?
    Just one word - iTunes.
    05-25-15 06:24 AM
    Where are the thoughts mentioned in the title?
    05-25-15 06:29 AM
    No I don't. The leap is supposed to be targeted to young entry level professionals. In reality those people have a iphone or android.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 06:47 AM
    No I don't. The leap is supposed to be targeted to young entry level professionals. In reality those people have a iphone or android.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for writing this. That is so clearly obvious it's not even funny, yet some posts on here consistently mention that this Leap phone is in a category of its own and shouldn't be compared to anything. Mostly low cost Androids.

I feel that BlackBerry saw an opportunity in the market in that it could sell a lot of low budget touch screen phones to Enterprise and released the Leap. It chose to market this by mentioning it was targeting young business professionals. You can label your target market all you want but ultimately the demand for a product is usually based on the product filling a need for the consumer.

In this case the need is having a efficient touch screen device at an affordable cost. Especially if you're buying hundreds. I just don't see an IT director purchasing a bunch of Leaps because 2/3 's of his workforce are young professionals, but I do see that Director basing their decision on budget.

Please for the love of any God let's stop saying the Leap is targeted at young professionals just because BlackBerry told us so. Young professionals are using Iphones and Android!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 09:52 AM
    There are a few things.

You have some people that still want BlackBerry. The BlackBerry keyboard and OS itself is a better product. Expandable memory. Better battery. Better browser.

The Leap falls down on its face outside of those things and realistically I see way more people wanting the 5c than the Leap but those are some points BlackBerry could sell it on.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    05-25-15 10:06 AM
    People act like flagship phones are only accessible monetarily by ceo's. These aren't cars or houses. Even the most expensive flagship is within reach.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by keithhackneysmullet; 05-25-15 at 10:27 AM.
    05-25-15 10:15 AM
    Please for the love of any God let's stop saying the Leap is targeted at young professionals just because BlackBerry told us so. Young professionals are using Iphones and Android!

Posted via CB10
    Along with the Classic, it is targeted to enterprise customers on a BES to round out BlackBerry's EMM portfolio.

This is the space they are in now, and they need to be able to provide an end-to-end solution.

I don't believe BlackBerry has any illusions about the consumer market or the byod market.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Last edited by conite; 05-25-15 at 12:57 PM.
    05-25-15 10:19 AM
    Everybody gets so caught up in BlackBerry saying it's targeted towards young professionals, this is because it needed to be labeled for the press. They aren't going after the consumer-young professionals, they are going after the CIO's or whoever makes the decisions in Enterprises - saying this is just as good (not the topic of discussion) as the iphones/androids your youngpro's are currently using but we'll offer it to you cheap and it will provide a better end-to-end security solution.

The targeting doesn't matter, it's only being used to position it in the market (full-featured but affordable) and reaffirm BlackBerry position as a security/productivity/enterprise tool. I am also certain that Enterprises are getting far lower price quotes (even moreso with bulk orders and/or BES subscriptions) than those we see released, as the posted and advertised prices are for consumer end or companies not large enough to be interested in BES etc.

BB for Life
    ArcPlug likes this.
    05-25-15 11:37 AM
    Everybody gets so caught up in BlackBerry saying it's targeted towards young professionals, this is because it needed to be labeled for the press. They aren't going after the consumer-young professionals, they are going after the CIO's or whoever makes the decisions in Enterprises - saying this is just as good (not the topic of discussion) as the iphones/androids your youngpro's are currently using but we'll offer it to you cheap and it will provide a better end-to-end security solution.

The targeting doesn't matter, it's only being used to position it in the market (full-featured but affordable) and reaffirm BlackBerry position as a security/productivity/enterprise tool. I am also certain that Enterprises are getting far lower price quotes (even moreso with bulk orders and/or BES subscriptions) than those we see released, as the posted and advertised prices are for consumer end or companies not large enough to be interested in BES etc.

BB for Life
    Agreed. Don't take "young professionals" so damn literal. BlackBerry is alive today thanks to their security and end to end plays a large role in this.

If I'm the CEO of a company, I'm going to allocate a certain budget towards devices if the company provides them for their employees. The execs can have the flagship devices while the "young professionals" in the company can have the Leap.

I don't think BlackBerry was wrong at all in stating their target market.

On the consumer end the Leap is an affordable all touch BlackBerry with a 5" HD display. Most people with smartphones on the consumer side do not use their device to the fullest and BlackBerry did well in deciding what to keep and what not.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 12:46 PM
    Along with the Classic, it is targeted to enterprise customers on a BES to round out BlackBerry's EMM portfolio.

This is the space they are in now, and they need to be able to provide an end-to-end solution.

I don't believe BlackBerry has any illusions about the consumer market or the byod market.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    So where does this new slider fit in?

Z30something
    05-25-15 02:36 PM
    The last big of illusion. But tell you what, they got me if they hit the specs. Z10 and Z2 goodbye!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 02:48 PM
    So where does this new slider fit in?

Z30something
    Slider and Passport round out the offering for executives and enthusiasts. They also help with overall brand recognition.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    05-25-15 03:10 PM
    Official sales figures will answer your question. People aren't buying the leap over iPhones 5c.
    Leap is targeted at a very small niche focused on high security like medical, banking and government fields. The average Joe will continue to stick to iPhone, the leap isn't a game changer.
    05-25-15 03:22 PM
    Slider and Passport round out the offering for executives and enthusiasts. They also help with overall brand recognition.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    That seems like a reach that they can't afford. I could be wrong though.

Z30something
    05-25-15 04:00 PM
    Leap has bigger screen, better battery, more on board storage, better keyboard, hub, save 3k, more ram, expandable storage, fm radio, file manager, freedom from iTunes.

The iPhone 5c, however, has better apps and is available in more colors.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 09:06 PM