they didn't make a different version because when something, like the "Style," doesn't SELL....it goes bye-bye
    The Style was far too limited in production and availability, in addition to being underpowered. Otherwise, the Style was actually one of my favorite handsets, and was great for typing, but for viewing, not as much. With a slightly larger touchscreen, it would have been better, especially if it had the horsepower to make it sing.
    12-30-12 10:30 PM
    Apparently, you have not seen the TK Victory or TK Justice design concept or else you would have said "However, the only revolutionary device, even though not made by RIM are, the TK Victory and TK Justice."
    And since the TKs were someone's concept, and not the manufacturer's, they were like watching cartoon pr0n, kinda stimulating, but just a sadly diappointing fantasy.
    12-30-12 10:33 PM
    Anybody remember the bashing the Style got when we saw the first leaked photos.

The end result was a very sexy phone, shame RIM never made a GSM version.
    I concur, the form factor alone made it a surprisingly delightful device. I knew several people that wanted it on the GSM side of life.
    12-30-12 10:35 PM
    Anybody remember the bashing the Style got when we saw the first leaked photos.

The end result was a very sexy phone, shame RIM never made a GSM version.
    This is a perfect example of "beauty being in the eye of the beholder". The Style was, and still is, to this day, in my mind, one of the fugliest phones ever devised.

Different strokes for different folks.

(oh, p.s. I'm not wrapped with the x10 - although the front looks OK - bit un-balanced - but the back looks cheap imo.)
    12-30-12 10:56 PM
    If this phone is really gonna be 3.1 inches screen size, you can be sure not all apps will translate well to that screen. Lots of games will be worse hit, I'm afraid. I can't imagine playing FIFA soccer 14 (for example) on such a small, square screen.

We'll see
    BergerKing and Drew808 like this.
    12-30-12 11:54 PM

I like my BlackBerry Bold 9700 and 9780 but for BlackBerry OS 10 I want something much more innovative. By the way, the BlackBerry N looks like a sickly BlackBerry Bold 9900. At this rate *if* I adopt BlackBerry 10 it will have to be the all-touch device as much as I prefer a physical keyboard for typing.
    12-30-12 11:59 PM
    IIn conclusion I want the X10 to look like this.
    BlackBerry TK5 Justice | DigitalHomeBoy
    At least the BlackBerry TK5 Justice looks appealing compared to the poor excuse BlackBerry N. What in Hades are the product designers thinking at RIM?
    12-31-12 12:04 AM
    If this phone is really gonna be 3.1 inches screen size, you can be sure not all apps will translate well to that screen. Lots of games will be worse hit, I'm afraid. I can't imagine playing FIFA soccer 14 (for example) on such a small, square screen.

We'll see
    Definitely some apps are gonna be awkward. While you might enjoy a game on one, the other may just be a pain in the the tuchas.
    12-31-12 02:33 AM
    I think those who intend on playing a lot of games on their phone will be opting for the L-series instead.
    12-31-12 02:52 AM
    I think those who intend on playing a lot of games on their phone will be opting for the L-series instead.
    Nah.....I haven't got any interest in games. Free time on the train, etc is spent on FB, WhatsApp or Instagram.

I just find this phone to be quite a disappointment in how it looks. How RIM could interfere with its incredible industry owning feature, its legendary keyboard,is beyond me. I hated the Droid Pro when I typed on it. I find the 9981's straight keyboard to be hideously ugly, and never did I dream that it would find its way to the X10.

I will go Z10 and get a spare 9900.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-31-12 04:09 AM
    they didn't make a different version because when something, like the "Style," doesn't SELL....it goes bye-bye
    It never had the chance to sell, it was available on only one cdma network.

Even to this day people are asking when is it coming to UK.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-31-12 04:35 AM
    Nah.....I haven't got any interest in games. Free time on the train, etc is spent on FB, WhatsApp or Instagram.
    I'm not saying that those who purchase the L-series devices do so for the games. I'm just saying if someone is interested in gaming, they'd probably be more inclined to pick up the L-series. On the other hand, I think it would be great to be able to use the physical keypad as a controller, especially for emulator games. The touchscreen controls are just brutal for me when trying to play SNES.

Anyways, I'm going to save my judgement of the N-series for January 30th. It's obvious to me that the phone will look a lot different by then, so why worry about it for now? If almost everyone here hates the look of the phone (based on some leaked photos of which the date they were taken is unknown), I'm sure a good chunk of the people at RIM would know what needs to be improved. Like I said earlier, designing hardware has never been a major weak area for RIM.

With that said, I hope to see the return of the curved keypad. The sides could be moved up to the corners of the screens, leaving the center more open for swipe gestures. If I remember correctly, swiping at the corner toggles the keyboard on the L-series, which will obviously be unnecessary on the N-series.
    12-31-12 06:34 AM
    This guy has 88 apps on this phone... imagine scrolling through all 11 pages!!
    Scrolling is VERY easy. The "dots" for each page can be touched to move directly to that page. You can go from page 1 (or even active apps page) to page 11 in one touch. you can also swipe your finger along the "dots" to move quickly from page to page.
    12-31-12 07:25 AM
    Very underwhelming. I'm not a fan of the straight keyboard, as well as the UI...

Sent from my White iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    I'm willing to give the straight keyboard a try, until the device is in my hand I don't think I can make an informed decision on it. As for the UI, I'm thinking that the QWERTY screen makes a good case for organising icons by folders. Overall, I like the look of the phone and I don't need a giant screen on my phone as much as I need an easy way to reply to detailed emails and quick web browsing. Media consumption, other than music, is what the tablet is for.

Overall, everything is being based on pictures of both the X and Z models as opposed to the actual devices. However, with this particular device I'd venture to guess that this is a carrier test model as opposed to a developer or production device. I'm sure that the overall form factor of the production model will be fairly close, but a little more stylised.
    12-31-12 07:26 AM
    I'm willing to give the straight keyboard a try, until the device is in my hand I don't think I can make an informed decision on it. As for the UI, I'm thinking that the QWERTY screen makes a good case for organising icons by folders. Overall, I like the look of the phone and I don't need a giant screen on my phone as much as I need an easy way to reply to detailed emails and quick web browsing. Media consumption, other than music, is what the tablet is for.

Overall, everything is being based on pictures of both the X and Z models as opposed to the actual devices. However, with this particular device I'd venture to guess that this is a carrier test model as opposed to a developer or production device. I'm sure that the overall form factor of the production model will be fairly close, but a little more stylised.
    The keyboard typing is not significantly different than typing on the 99xx series devices. It is still very comfortable to use and typing is very quick. What everyone needs to keep in mind, the backing is the same as was on the L series device before we saw the "textured" backing etc. The backs can be changed very easily.
    12-31-12 07:34 AM
    Scrolling is VERY easy. The "dots" for each page can be touched to move directly to that page. You can go from page 1 (or even active apps page) to page 11 in one touch. you can also swipe your finger along the "dots" to move quickly from page to page.
    It's easy as you describe *if* you can keep straight in your head for any given app which dot its icon resides in.
    12-31-12 08:12 AM
    It's easy as you describe *if* you can keep straight in your head for any given app which dot its icon resides in.
    What most people don't realize is you can already have your current BB look like that in accessibility settings. BB10 could have similar settings.
    Attached Thumbnails Some sweet new N series pics-edshot-20-mon-20dec-2031-202012-202.36.20-20pm-.jpg   Some sweet new N series pics-edshot-20-mon-20dec-2031-202012-202.36.42-20pm-.jpg  
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    12-31-12 08:38 AM
    No, you can quickly switch between panes very quickly. And simply "clicking" on a dot brings that pane into view. So if what you are looking for (why would you not use universal search?) isnt in that pane, you simply click the next one. This is no different than on the L series devices, or any device with the pane type view. I use a BB10 dev device as one of my daily devices and have zero issues navigating it. I have dozens of applications loaded onto it (some sideloaded for development others downloaded from app world) and have 6 panes right now. I find it vastly easier to navigate than the PlayBook for instance, which I also use daily.
    12-31-12 08:48 AM
    I like it as well. Then again, I'm a keyboard guy, so I'm sure that is what I'll be getting.
    12-31-12 09:24 AM
    The more I look at it, the more I'm convinced that this is more like a cammo shell than the final device, like they do with cars prior to the unveiling.
    12-31-12 12:01 PM
    (snip)
    You arent forced to visit the active frames page first, you can be in messages, in another pane, etc. You can also launch apps from within other apps, or even bring cards of those apps into the same app you are in. For instance, the app I am writing shares content via BBM, I can bring BBM into my app, share the content, even have a conversation within my app. Then I can move over to the full BBM application and have another instance of the app running, and the card info is reflected within BBM. I can do the same for any number of apps (even user created apps can be both sources AND targets for invocation). Couple that with the Hub for messaging (no app required, easily switch to messages with flicking your thumb) and it is MUCH faster than others at accomplishing the same tasks.
    Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 12-31-12 at 12:36 PM.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    12-31-12 12:02 PM
    16 argumentative and off topic posts promoting other operating systems were removed. The topic is Some sweet new N series pics

[WARN]If anyone wants some enforced time away from the forums, feel free to try to drag the thread off topic again[/WARN]
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    12-31-12 12:34 PM
    16 argumentative and off topic posts promoting other operating systems were removed. The topic is Some sweet new N series pics

[WARN]If anyone wants some enforced time away from the forums, feel free to try to drag the thread off topic again[/WARN]
    Argumentative? Lol, for a change me and reneebob were having a civil discussion.
    12-31-12 01:46 PM
    Actually love the dots as opposed to the panels that existed in OS 6. With the smaller format, a few more dots is easier to process than a slew of panes. I use the dots on my Samsung's screen regularly, and it is a lot faster than flicking whole screen pages. Granted, most of the vitual keyboards have stright-line keys, but the ones I've used have been a little further north, keeping things in proportion.

It does appear with the bottom-weighted straight keyboard that the balance could be suspect. Pray this is a development that is ironed out in its final form.
    12-31-12 02:38 PM
    Actually love the dots as opposed to the panels that existed in OS 6. With the smaller format, a few more dots is easier to process than a slew of panes. I use the dots on my Samsung's screen regularly, and it is a lot faster than flicking whole screen pages. Granted, most of the vitual keyboards have stright-line keys, but the ones I've used have been a little further north, keeping things in proportion.
    I much prefer the panes in OS7. All I needed was two: all, and frequent.
    12-31-12 02:45 PM
108 ... 2345