12-29-12 05:53 PM
    I love it too...good post!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    12-29-12 05:54 PM
    I hate the icon disposition, RIM has to change their size or have the same icon disposition of OS7, IMO
    mnc76 likes this.
    12-29-12 05:58 PM
    I hate the icon disposition, RIM has to change their size or have the same icon disposition of OS7, IMO
    I do agree with you on that. Icons are too big.
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    12-29-12 05:59 PM
    That might be the Dev Alpha C, it has the same sticker I have on my Dev Alpha B...
    12-29-12 06:03 PM
    I'd like to see what active frames look like on the N. The back needs to be jazzed up a bit. Very dull.
    anon(3896606) and 11pts like this.
    12-29-12 06:06 PM
    I'd like to see what active frames look like on the N. The back needs to be jazzed up a bit. Very dull.
    Another reason why I think its a Dev Alpha C..
    robtanz and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-29-12 06:07 PM
    I count 8 dots representing icon launch pages. Can you imagine flipping through those pages if you didn't remember where you place an particular app icon?

They really should have another way of launching apps. The obvious one is universal search using the keyboard. Start typing letters and a list of apps gets filtered by name. Another method is gesture search (which I am heavily reliant on) or other swipe based launchers. For the app developers out there, there's an idea.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-29-12 06:21 PM
    Icons need to be much smaller.Screen looks a little small need to see this next to current keyboard models.
    12-29-12 06:22 PM
    Looks good but I still think I'm going to move on from my physical keyboard and go for the Z10
    AbuYazeedUK and BergerKing like this.
    12-29-12 06:25 PM
    I hope that it isn't the N-Series (no, I'm not saying its new stupid name), looks very unfinished and we're very near of the launch date...
    12-29-12 06:44 PM
    I count 8 dots representing icon launch pages. Can you imagine flipping through those pages if you didn't remember where you place an particular app icon?

They really should have another way of launching apps. The obvious one is universal search using the keyboard. Start typing letters and a list of apps gets filtered by name. Another method is gesture search (which I am heavily reliant on) or other swipe based launchers. For the app developers out there, there's an idea.
    I Completely agree. I hope I'm not the only one here who's not impressed, It might just be the dev alpha C, but this phone doesn't scream 'I am sexy'. It Should be a bigger a phone. Maybe that guys has hands the size of giants but it looks like a tiny 9700 with a different keyboard. Also, this just might be me, but the phone looks like RIM scrapped together as little material as possible to create this possibly obvious dev alpha (It looks super cluttered all around). I just hope that the final design it completely different in dimensions from this one. hardware a side, I think the only thing holding this back is its screen size. .

In conclusion I want the X10 to look like this.
    BlackBerry TK5 Justice | DigitalHomeBoy
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    12-29-12 06:46 PM
    Very underwhelming. I'm not a fan of the straight keyboard, as well as the UI...

Sent from my White iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Moonbase0ne and BergerKing like this.
    12-29-12 06:49 PM
    Looks good but I still think I'm going to move on from my physical keyboard and go for the Z10
    While there'll still be a lot of people who like the physical keyboard, I think many will be moving away from them. The N-series will be fine for e-mails, BBM and basic communications - but the screen size is way too limiting for anything else really.
    12-29-12 06:49 PM
    i wonder if this is a dev alpha?

physical KBs are a mature market. there will be a market for it, but it's not growing.
    anon(3896606) and AbuYazeedUK like this.
    12-29-12 06:55 PM
    In my opinion, RIM has a homework to make icon smaller. Then, it will look more exclusive and beautiful.
    12-29-12 08:04 PM
    I don't usually care for the back of devices but.... "dat dang thing looks ugly as ****!!"

Keyboard is looking hot though! Icons do need to be made smaller. Maybe get rid of the text just so you can see the icons and then you can have maybe 3 rows of apps.
    12-29-12 08:24 PM
    I love my BB 9900 but that thing is fugly
    12-29-12 08:33 PM
    I Completely agree. I hope I'm not the only one here who's not impressed...

In conclusion I want the X10 to look like this.
    BlackBerry TK5 Justice | DigitalHomeBoy
    Oh yeah, couldn't agree more!!!

The Dev C or X10 doesn't cut it. The screen needs to be much larger. If RIM came out with a phone that looked anything like the "TK Justice", I'd buy 2 on launch day - one to just look at, the other for daily use.

If anything, RIM engineers should have made both the QWERTY and all-touch phones physically the same size, with the keyboard being the major difference. Imagine, if you will, the screen on the all-touch model .... once a user activates the keyboard, a good portion of screen content is hidden by the keyboard. Now imagine, if you will, the same would apply on the QWERTY model, except permanently because of the physical keyboard. If required, one could scroll up or down to catch the rest of the content.

Making the UI the same for 2 physically different screen sizes won't work as well as envisioned.

Chalk-up a London for me next upgrade. As much as I prefer a QWERTY phone, this "X10" isn't winning me over - at all.
    12-29-12 08:35 PM
    The screen size needs to be bigger. Little bit bigger then the 9900/9930 and i'll consider it a purchase. If not, i'll just get the Z10 instead. Hopefully a slider comes out too!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-29-12 08:43 PM
    The screen size needs to be bigger. Little bit bigger then the 9900/9930...
    It is bigger than the 9900/9930 screen.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    12-29-12 08:49 PM
    This guy has 88 apps on this phone... imagine scrolling through all 11 pages!!
    12-29-12 09:10 PM
    True enough, but screen should be bigger on the X10 to make full use (read: proper use) of the new UI, otherwise if RIM doesn't shrink the icon size (as well as everything else) on the "X10", that phone will not be appealing to many. Definitely comparing the two (Z10 & X10) side-by-side, the content/UI experience on the X10 will be .. lacking.
    12-29-12 09:23 PM
    Don't forget, these have just been issued. and the tools for the X10 haven't been issued to the dev's yet. Once that is done, and they have the proper tools, the apps, icons, screen shots etc, can be adjusted for the screen size and all should fit nicely. I could be completely wrong in this assumption but, to me anyway, it makes perfect logical sense.
    12-29-12 09:29 PM
    After seeing these pics, I think RIM really needs to release a torch version phone for BB10, to make use of the sophisticated OS and keyboard RIM must go the way of a slider. It only makes sense.
    12-29-12 09:45 PM
108 123 ...