What I mean is, are some numbers somehow plagued to not perform as well as others? Other people with assortments of verizon phones same and different all work at my house, I have gone through 2 LGENV's (my gf/s lgenv works flawlessly at my house, while my 2 env's did not)

Now I have a blackberry storm and the first month service was flawless, and now it seems to be doing it again. But the strange thing is I can browse the web and recieve email just like I can anytime, but Texts/phone calls are more resistant, and require me to stand by window. Does this make sense? Can they somehow troubleshoot a line?

I have 2-3 bars minimum when this issue is happening
    Last edited by saintjah; 03-03-09 at 09:45 PM.
    03-03-09 09:18 PM
    I don't think the phone number itself has anything to do with your service..
    03-04-09 12:00 AM
    Your signal as 2-3 bars seems relatively low - certainly not ideal. Does it vary much in the same position, day to day, day/evening, etc? (Could be a flaky cell or loading problems)

Take a look at http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/chan...wer-dbm-26381/ and you'll see how to get more useful signal strength numbers from your phone. (The key combination is a little different on the dynamic keyboard, I think you need to press
    ,.""

(that's Comma, Dot, DblQuote, DblQuote)

The fact that you're getting data service (emails) says something and nothing. A data connection is less sensitive than voice channels if signal quality is poor or interrupted. You simply don't notice the problem except a message takes longer to arrive. On a voice link you know immediately.
    03-04-09 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD