Every time I enter a forum to find out about official carrier updates, I see a million posts about just giving up and using Sachesi or leak. It's kind of annoying. There are a lot of us who cannot install the 10.2.1 using Sachesi or Leaks for various reasons. If we could, we'd have installed it already or be in the forums looking for help. I appreciate the CrackBerry site users wanting to help us upgrade faster, but truthfully it gets in the way of the reason the forum is opened. If the title is "When will Verizon Q10 get 10.2.1" I'm pretty sure nobody wants to sort through the commentary on why we should just load it through other channels. Thanks!

Sent with my Z10, Q10, or Z30 on Verizon from Philly
    02-24-14 11:45 PM
    It's the same in reverse too though, no one wants to sort through commentary of 'When will xxx carrier get".. it's very few and far between that someone ACTUALLY has a direct answer to that question anyway. If anyone knew, chances are few people would be asking because it would already be known. I get what you're saying and I'm sure you can get what I'm saying as well but that's just the way it is. Updating to a leak or using Sachesi IS the sought out solution for the majority, which is why it's the most common response.
    02-25-14 12:23 AM
    There are definitely plenty of threads that focus on the status of a carrier OTA (Over the Air) updates.

The problem is, there is typically so much incessant whining from people in those threads about a carrier who hasn't released the latest update immediately, that personally I don't blame people for offering them that option. Because otherwise those threads end up being dozens or hundreds of posts that go on and on and on and on about how disappointed and angry and unhappy and hurt and offended people are that the carrier hasn't released an update.

And then to add to that, you have the endless ranting about how Blackberry is some kind of horrible company for not releasing global updates the way Apple does, while ignoring or vilifying people who point out that Apple is pretty much unique in the world in that respect. (At least in the developed world. In the developing world carriers don't seem to care much one way or the other, and their customers often just do their own support, including OS updates.)
    02-25-14 12:33 AM
    There are definitely plenty of threads that focus on the status of a carrier OTA (Over the Air) updates.

The problem is, there is typically so much incessant whining from people in those threads about a carrier who hasn't released the latest update immediately, that personally I don't blame people for offering them that option. Because otherwise those threads end up being dozens or hundreds of posts that go on and on and on and on about how disappointed and angry and unhappy and hurt and offended people are that the carrier hasn't released an update.

And then to add to that, you have the endless ranting about how Blackberry is some kind of horrible company for not releasing global updates the way Apple does, while ignoring or vilifying people who point out that Apple is pretty much unique in the world in that respect. (At least in the developed world. In the developing world carriers don't seem to care much one way or the other, and their customers often just do their own support, including OS updates.)
    Totally understand your point. But if people want a place to rant, whine, and blame...the fault shouldn't be placed back on them. The constant Sachesi and leak reminders drive people nuts! I can sort of dance around the topic without getting specific but my Q10 is issued by an agency where as BlackBerry is chosen for security, not games, etc. The ability to run Android is meaningless as our server won't allow it with 10.2.1 anyway. I just wanted the latest smoothest integration. Have a Z30 and have updated that, so I know what I'm missing. That's my only point, but I understand yours

02-25-14 06:58 AM
    The constant Sachesi and leak reminders drive people nuts!

Whereas I think it's a little presumptious to deign to speak on the behalf of everyone else. I'm sure SOME people don't like it, but by the same token I'm pretty some other people do not mind.

The ability to run Android is meaningless as our server won't allow it with 10.2.1 anyway. I just wanted the latest smoothest integration. Have a Z30 and have updated that, so I know what I'm missing.

Personally as a longtime I.T. Director and system administrator myself, I think your employer - given your characterization as very cautious about security and other matters - should have an internal mechanism for rolling-out approved software updates rather than just relying on their users doing it themselves willy-nilly. I do not allow my users to update OS's by themselves.

Otherwise you end up with disasters like the iOS update that brought MS Exchange servers down via a bug in its EAS protocol, because users just automatically and blithely clicked the clicky update clicky thing without a thought as to what the consequences of that might be.
    02-25-14 01:55 PM
    Every time I enter a forum to find out about official carrier updates, I see a million posts about just giving up and using Sachesi or leak. It's kind of annoying. There are a lot of us who cannot install the 10.2.1 using Sachesi or Leaks for various reasons. If we could, we'd have installed it already or be in the forums looking for help. I appreciate the CrackBerry site users wanting to help us upgrade faster, but truthfully it gets in the way of the reason the forum is opened. If the title is "When will Verizon Q10 get 10.2.1" I'm pretty sure nobody wants to sort through the commentary on why we should just load it through other channels. Thanks!

First of all, the 'reasons' for not doing a leak is actually just one reason : you don't want to. There is nothing stopping you. (**edit**ok maybe your company, but how security conscious can they be if they let you upgrade your own os, like omni said above)

Second, complaining here crowds the forum, and achieves nothing. ***** to your carrier, we can't make it magically appear. Nor can anyone here 'hack' it available, so we don't know what you want from us.

Finally, I assure you, it's more annoying for the rest of us when someone who can, but won't load a leak, comes here to bug us about their stupid carrier.
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-25-14 02:17 PM
    Whereas I think it's a little presumptious to deign to speak on the behalf of everyone else. I'm sure SOME people don't like it, but by the same token I'm pretty some other people do not mind.

Personally as a longtime I.T. Director and system administrator myself, I think your employer - given your characterization as very cautious about security and other matters - should have an internal mechanism for rolling-out approved software updates rather than just relying on their users doing it themselves willy-nilly. I do not allow my users to update OS's by themselves.

Otherwise you end up with disasters like the iOS update that brought MS Exchange servers down via a bug in its EAS protocol, because users just automatically and blithely clicked the clicky update clicky thing without a thought as to what the consequences of that might be.
    I think you misunderstood me, that's all. My Q10 is work issued and once the carrier update is available we will be able to take advantage of things like home screen dialing, etc. We won't be able to load Android Apps through the Android like stores like Amazon,etc. All apps are pushed by my agency. My agency receives the update and then pushes it to us once Verizon updates. So I agree with you that a company can't just let employees go nuts!

Now, on the other hand my personal Z30 has been updated with Sachesi. I'm just saying I wouldn't jump in a forum with people who can't update for various reasons just to tell them I used Sachesi on my Z30.

02-25-14 02:29 PM
    First of all, the 'reasons' for not doing a leak is actually just one reason : you don't want to. There is nothing stopping you. (**edit**ok maybe your company, but how security conscious can they be if they let you upgrade your own os, like omni said above)

Second, complaining here crowds the forum, and achieves nothing. ***** to your carrier, we can't make it magically appear. Nor can anyone here 'hack' it available, so we don't know what you want from us.

Finally, I assure you, it's more annoying for the rest of us when someone who can, but won't load a leak, comes here to bug us about their stupid carrier.
    First, we've got a misunderstanding here. I couldn't update if I wanted to. My agency updates our phones, period. That is if they continue to keep BlackBerry since the rest of the agencies like mine are dropping BlackBerry like flies. I hope mine doesn't. Point is the agency I work for updates and loads all apps to our phones. We have zero control over updates or BlackBerry World, etc. Thus, our phones can't be pushed the update from our admin until the carrier first pushes it. I don't check the forums to "complain" about the carrier. I check to see for potential updates of when it may roll or if people are starting to get it as I will get mine about 10 days after Verizon pushes it.

This thread wasn't meant to go in this direction. I wasn't complaining about about carriers. I was complaining about those jumping into a forum just to share that they got the update when clearly the people in the forum didn't have it. Yes, there are plenty of threads clogging up the site with whining about carriers that's not what I was doing. Just shut this down...I'll go back to my job defending my country and the constitution rather than defending myself on CrackBerry.

02-25-14 02:45 PM
    I'm just saying I wouldn't jump in a forum with people who can't update for various reasons just to tell them I used Sachesi on my Z30.

But that's not what they're doing. Most of them are making this suggestion because people in such discussions act like a bunch of whining children who have had their cookies taken away. When the solution to this "problem" is right under their nose.

In other words, it comes across as a self-imposed punishment. There are those of us who find people who endlessly gripe about things that they have the personal ability to solve quite easily if they so desired, tedious to say the least.

Now I admit there are people that act like evangelists, telling everyone within earshot that they're stupid if they don't load a leak etc. I'm not one of those people. But I am one of the ones who find it tedious to listen to people endlessly gripe about their self-imposed suffering.
    stabstabdie likes this.
    02-25-14 02:47 PM
    I had no idea suggesting an alternative method of getting 10.2 riled you up.
    That should not be the case.
    Info such as this is to help others. As far as 'if they could they would' that's not true.
    Often times the posters just ask how they can get 10.2 and don't even mention their system, at least that's been my experience when I've suggested sachesi.
    IMO this is a very defeating slap in the face post.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 02:53 PM
    There's plenty of info on the net I don't need to read or don't want to read, so... I don't read it.

FWIW, I can manually update (lose wifi calling via tmo), if I choose. I don't choose to and am not bothered by ppl offering means to do so. This is a tech type forum. It's not surprising such suggestions would appear in great numbers. I've made my decision to wait for tmo and pass the suggestions by.. with unruffled feathers..

They might help somebody else.

Posted via CB10 Q10
    02-25-14 03:02 PM

Wow. You decide that there is nothing stopping people from using the leaks... you sound so positive.

BUT YOU ARE WRONG.

There are reasons why people can't use leaks, such as not having computers! If it bothers you so much to see threads asking when the official OTA updates are coming, stop reading them, please.
    02-25-14 03:16 PM
    But that's not what they're doing. Most of them are making this suggestion because people in such discussions act like a bunch of whining children who have had their cookies taken away. When the solution to this "problem" is right under their nose.

In other words, it comes across as a self-imposed punishment. There are those of us who find people who endlessly gripe about things that they have the personal ability to solve quite easily if they so desired, tedious to say the least.

Now I admit there are people that act like evangelists, telling everyone within earshot that they're stupid if they don't load a leak etc. I'm not one of those people. But I am one of the ones who find it tedious to listen to people endlessly gripe about their self-imposed suffering.
    I get the self imposed suffering part for sure and I appreciate people here trying to help which is how I learned to update my Z30. I'm thankful for the users on CrackBerry in most if not all post as there's always something interesting to learn, discuss, or debate. My only point was if I go to the Carrier Discussion Forum and go into a thread about when an update is coming, I expect to see a discussion about that, but instead I see countless posters just saying to update on their own. I understand and respect their intent is to help fellow BlackBerry users get the end result they want, it just makes it difficult to find the comments that are actually about the threads initial title. I recognize a lot of those threads lead to whining by people who could probably just update now. But that's not the case for my IT Admin controlled Q10. I hope the people in this thread understand that now. I know nobody's intention in those threads are to offend, but only to help. I get that.

02-25-14 03:17 PM
    I "was" in the same boat. I couldn't update my OS via Sachesi and my Link was broken too.
    I ended up going the roundabout way, and fixed my PC first. Then when Link started working, so did Sachesi.
    It was then, that I finally was able to join in the fun and install a leak.
    02-25-14 03:19 PM
    I had no idea suggesting an alternative method of getting 10.2 riled you up.
    That should not be the case.
    Info such as this is to help others. As far as 'if they could they would' that's not true.
    Often times the posters just ask how they can get 10.2 and don't even mention their system, at least that's been my experience when I've suggested sachesi.
    IMO this is a very defeating slap in the face post.

Posted via CB10
    I totally 100% agree with you when it comes to posters asking for help! I recognize and appreciate CrackBerry for that. That's how I learned to update my Z30. I'm talking about a more specific thread in like a Carrier Discussion titled for "When Will 10.2.1 be Available on XXX". Some of those people have updated and some like me have an IT Admin controlled Q10 and are looking for a discussion about the carrier release whether guesses or supposedly what people have heard. That's the kind of thread where I'm bothered by people jumping in with how to update because there ends up being more leak comments than comments contributing to the title.

This is not meant to be a "defeating slap in the face post". I've always been respectful on here and appreciated what everyone contributes. This is just one thing that I thought was bothersome to me. That's all. It was never meant to disrespect the people I know are here to help others. I hope now you understand my initial intent.

02-25-14 03:29 PM
    First, we've got a misunderstanding here. I couldn't update if I wanted to. My agency updates our phones, period. That is if they continue to keep BlackBerry since the rest of the agencies like mine are dropping BlackBerry like flies. I hope mine doesn't. Point is the agency I work for updates and loads all apps to our phones. We have zero control over updates or BlackBerry World, etc. Thus, our phones can't be pushed the update from our admin until the carrier first pushes it. I don't check the forums to "complain" about the carrier. I check to see for potential updates of when it may roll or if people are starting to get it as I will get mine about 10 days after Verizon pushes it.

This thread wasn't meant to go in this direction. I wasn't complaining about about carriers. I was complaining about those jumping into a forum just to share that they got the update when clearly the people in the forum didn't have it. Yes, there are plenty of threads clogging up the site with whining about carriers that's not what I was doing. Just shut this down...I'll go back to my job defending my country and the constitution rather than defending myself on CrackBerry.

Ya i see that now.

And LOL, way to make me feel bad throwing in the whole defending my country thing. Thanks though.
    Although, I didn't think the troops complained so much. I figured they were tougher. JOKES!!!!
    02-25-14 03:59 PM

I agree.
    The OP is clearly one of the few who legitimately can't update, not one who is choosing not to.

Hey OP, why didn't you open with these important details?
    02-25-14 04:01 PM
    Ya i see that now.

And LOL, way to make me feel bad throwing in the whole defending my country thing. Thanks though.
    Although, I didn't think the troops complained so much. I figured they were tougher. JOKES!!!!
    Lol, it wasn't to make anyone feel bad. I'm not military, anymore. I was trying to make people understand I work for an "agency" in a support role. I can't name the agency so was hoping people would read between the lines. And I am tough, or I'd carry an iPhone...

02-25-14 04:19 PM
    I agree.
    The OP is clearly one of the few who legitimately can't update, not one who is choosing not to.

Hey OP, why didn't you open with these important details?
    I would have but usually when you say you can't update most people understandably pull the BS card. I didn't want to have bring my work into this as some companies do issue work phones and don't highly regulate them. Due to the nature of my work and who I work for, my agency IT Admin pushes everything to thousands of users. I truly do appreciate all the help and discussion on CrackBerry. Never meant it to go this sideways. In the future i'll be more conscious about being as specific as possible when I start a thread.

02-25-14 04:25 PM
    Lol, it wasn't to make anyone feel bad. I'm not military, anymore. I was trying to make people understand I work for an "agency" in a support role. I can't name the agency so was hoping people would read between the lines. And I am tough, or I'd carry an iPhone...

I know. I'm just kidding around. Whatever it is you do, it's important. So my previous thanks still stands.
    02-25-14 04:25 PM
    Wow. You decide that there is nothing stopping people from using the leaks... you sound so positive.

BUT YOU ARE WRONG.

There are reasons why people can't use leaks, such as not having computers! If it bothers you so much to see threads asking when the official OTA updates are coming, stop reading them, please.
    That's a dumb reason.
    You may not OWN a computer, but you have ACCESS to one. It's 2014, go to a friggin library.
    I didn't have what I needed to update the firmware on my pebble at the time, but I got it updated.

Threads on official releases are dumb, for the reasons bla1ze pointed out earlier. If there's an official date, it would be reported on the main page.
    Last edited by stabstabdie; 02-25-14 at 04:50 PM.
    02-25-14 04:27 PM
    I know. I'm just kidding around. Whatever it is you do, it's important. So my previous thanks still stands.
    Thanks, appreciated...I guess I've just had some time to vent after a bad knee injury put me like this. Been in a recliner for 3 weeks and 3 month to go before I can even start PT...
    Some can't use Sachesi or Leaks for Various Reasons-img_00000034_edit.png

02-25-14 04:37 PM
    Thanks, appreciated...I guess I've just had some time to vent after a bad knee injury put me like this. Been in a recliner for 3 weeks and 3 month to go before I can even start PT...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000034_edit.png 
Views:	283 
Size:	277.3 KB 
ID:	250899

I hope you haven't lost any cutlery down there!
    02-25-14 04:49 PM
    I hope you haven't lost any cutlery down there!
    Nope...it's all good, although one thigh has shrunk 2.5 inches, my calf is down 1.5 inches, and I've lost 1 inch on my ankle. What's weird is my right leg hasn't shrunk at all yet I've been stagnant and off both. You'd think there'd be atrophy to both?

02-25-14 04:57 PM
    My only point was if I go to the Carrier Discussion Forum and go into a thread about when an update is coming, I expect to see a discussion about that, but instead I see countless posters just saying to update on their own.

Fair enough. However what *I* typically see in such threads goes something like this:

• 30 posts with useful info about or analysis of the availability of the update
    • 50 posts telling people "Just load the leak" or "Use Sachesi"
    • 350 posts griping about how unfair and horrible they think it is that the carrier hasn't released the update, or griping about why can't BlackBerry release the update directly and bypass carriers, unlike 95% of the vendors in the global smartphone industry

So with those kinds of stats, that is why I am a little more forgiving of the ones who read that and then respond "You should just use Sachesi", etc.

The few that automatically tell everyone to load a leak are out of line. But in the case of the most recent update, it was already "official" at the time it was "leaked", so A) this was not pre-release/internal-only code, and B) no one had to run an autoloader to get it and clear all their data - using Sachesi in upgrade mode is just like an OTA update in the sense of it being "non-destructive". The only issue might be whether someone is convinced that an OS can't be appropriate if it hasn't been given the approval of their particular carrier.
    02-25-14 05:57 PM
31 12