[If you read my other post you will know that some of the american media are calling for Blackberry to adopt Android (i.e. go Google on us! i.e. hand over all you private info to them and to whoever they want). I was amazed in the thread the lack of knowloadge on a plague that is destroying the S4 sales so I decided to post it here so at least more people can be aware of how the media in America is biased against Blackberry and are completely ignoring this issue!]

(Originally posted in the other thread)
    ok So here we go as mainstream media almost didn't cover this MAJOR issue (I wonder why!) which EVERY Samsung S and Note series owners know and avoided the S4 for good. (imagine what if the Blackberry Z30 had 30+ failure rate what would the media had to say?!)

Samsung Galaxy S4 batteries are starting to kick the bucket, failure rate as high as 30%
    Samsung Galaxy S4 batteries are starting to kick the bucket, failure rate as high as 30%

Samsung Galaxy S4 hit by battery flaw
    Samsung Galaxy S4 hit by battery flaw | Expert Reviews

Even Apple news site reported it...
    Korean Press Shocked at Samsung's Galaxy S4 Sales Disaster - Patently Apple
    Samsung's extremely poor handling of a battery problem that plagued the Galaxy S4 was being swept under the carpet until the problem was exposed in the press in Korea and by us in North America
    johnm137 likes this.
    02-04-14 08:45 PM
    This is no surprise at all.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 08:51 PM
    Cool. Another conspiracy theory.
    mikeo007, JeepBB, milo53 and 4 others like this.
    02-04-14 08:52 PM
    And your point is what?

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.1925
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    02-04-14 09:50 PM
    Cool. Another conspiracy theory.
    But is it theory if it's true...

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 11:42 PM
    BlackBerry is destroying it's own self.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    02-05-14 01:01 AM
    I understand the frustration but let's be honest BlackBerry hasn't helped themselves either as sales & app count were too low to garner positive press.

It does also feel like things that others don't do well doesn't get published nearly enough and that is true. The reason are largely unknown but it isn't because of BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 02:07 AM
    It's an awesome OS which lacks advertising....

That's fact..

Posted via CB10
    johnm137, mkiiw and Jrox74 like this.
    02-05-14 02:08 AM
    BlackBerry would better fix the contacts app bugs - it will be a hard blow to all those evil conspirators.

--------------------

Screen Timeout - app for BB10
    Uzi likes this.
    02-05-14 02:24 AM
    Let's not fall victim to the fallacy of black and white thinking. It's possible for BlackBerry to be guilty if terrible marketing and bad decision making, and for the media to be highly biased and negative.

Personally, I doubt a conspiracy. I think the negativity is probably just the result of lowest common denominator thinking, and the crowd mentality. At some point, the BlackBerry is dead story reached a tipping point and everyone threw their penny in on that bet. As a result, people have to keep chanting the same stuff louder and louder and hope they end up being right.

Things are slowly changing, and will improve. The difference in media coverage of BlackBerry is HUGE if you compare the coverage now to what it was six months ago.

Give it some time. If 2014 goes well, the media will switch and be chanting the complete opposite.

Posted via CB10
    Poirots Progeny and potatoguy like this.
    02-05-14 03:19 AM
    Samsung has acknowledge the problem and has promised to repair or replace the affect units.

It's been a year and the "issues" that have kept consumers away from BlackBerry have not changed much. Pricing has dropped, and it has gotten easier to unofficially borrow SOME Apps from Android.... but that isn't enough. Never mind the lack of marketing - out of sight, out of mind.

I'm not a world traveler, does the US media have so much control over the rest of the world???

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB, techvisor and kbz1960 like this.
    02-05-14 05:30 AM
    It's an awesome OS which lacks advertising....

That's fact..

Posted via CB10
    The awesomeness of the OS is not really in doubt.

The OS is only so party of the overall product.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-05-14 05:48 AM
    BlackBerry has put zero effort into the US market or to let the market know that BlackBerry devices are no longer the slow, spinning clock BBOS devices that the name brand is tied to. Also sorry but the BB10 platform was not ready at launch, and is just now truly being finished with the 10.2.1 release, which isn't available in most of the US without the Use of Sachesi. So instead of blaming nefarious forces, just accept that BlackBerry is to blame for their current issues!

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 06:58 AM
    OP, you need to stay away from the interwebz for awhile.

Why is this crap even allowed here???
    02-05-14 07:45 AM
    OP, you need to stay away from the interwebz for awhile.

Why is this crap even allowed here???
    Uh?

(Samsung asked him to remove his youtube video!)
    02-05-14 09:14 AM
    Uh?

(Samsung asked him to remove his youtube video!)
    Has absolutely nothing to do with BlackBerry. If you are so concerned, go post it to an android site.
    02-05-14 09:28 AM
    Has absolutely nothing to do with BlackBerry. If you are so concerned, go post it to an android site.
    read the OP you would know what it's all about. If you are not so concerned, go post in some other thread. your bad humor is not adding nothing here.
    02-05-14 09:32 AM
    you should all know by now that BlackBerry is the worst BlackBerry fan ever.... Picture password is effin amazing, this is the top sh it in client side security. You can unlock your phone infront of another one and he/she is not going to guess the password
    02-05-14 05:13 PM
    Well, I actually bought my Z10 for two major reasons:

1) My S4 became a total dog after just a few months of use
    And
    2) It did look to me like there was some kind of orchestrated smear campaign against BlackBerry, which led me to believe that either the competition or the government (or both) was very nervous about the new things BlackBerry was doing. At any rate, turning right when everyone else was going left has helped me to succeed in my life.

Conspiracy or not, I'm very glad I took the plunge! I've become a true fan, and it's pretty cool to be excited about and wowed by technology.
    Felipe O and Andy_bb_king like this.
    02-05-14 05:43 PM
    I too am an American and I came back to blackberry because of the z30 and the 10.2.1.537 update. There is no conspiracy here in the USA to ruin Blackberry.

Allot of the reasons the product has all but died here is because BB was late getting OS10 to the market and by the time they finally did, Apple and Android had already carved up what little market share they had left here and Microsoft was there to pickup whatever scraps where left.

Yes I bought a z30 and sold my iPhone 5s and I am sticking with Blackberry for the long haul. I still have concerns about my carrier T Mobile who has all but abandoned the brand here.

I worry about future product support, I really could care less what folks think of me using a Blackberry. I think it is actually kind of cool when I show them the Hub, Peek and Flow. My response is "can your iPhone do that"? They usually snicker and walk away.

The bottom line is the z30 does what I need it to do for me as my daily driver. The device is stable, the z30 screen is perfect for me, I don't watch movies or play games so I don't have to have an HD screen with Star Wars specs.

I only hope the new folks in charge will get with the carriers here in the USA and insure us dedicated user base here that they will support us for the long haul? Just as we have committed to them. I feel we are owed as least that, only time will tell I suppose.

Sent using the CB app
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-06-14 09:41 AM
    Another dumb theory.

If it were not for the U.S. Governments's continued use of BlackBerry and Government regulation of industries like banking, BlackBerry would be in much worse shape. These things are BlackBerry's lifeline in the U.S. right now.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB, h20work and techvisor like this.
    02-06-14 09:49 AM
    The fact is that the masses are not allowed to use BlackBerry. It's just that simple. Why else would you rich and powerful use BlackBerry while telling the masses that BlackBerry sucks. No need to reply the truth is hard for the weak minded to understand

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 09:54 AM
    RIM's arrogance (number 1 reason) and short sellers looking to make money are the main reasons BB devices are still viewed as BBOS devices and not BB10. Reason I say short sellers is that the BB news would always focus on the negative sides, not much mention of any wins (there always was a few).

RIM started this train, others just want to profit from it.

(purposely used RIM because it started with the legacy management)
    02-06-14 10:00 AM
    The fact is that the masses are not allowed to use BlackBerry. It's just that simple. Why else would you rich and powerful use BlackBerry while telling the masses that BlackBerry sucks. No need to reply the truth is hard for the weak minded to understand

Posted via CB10
    You honestly can't believe this??? I sure as hell hope the folks up in Waterloo don't have this mindset or take this approach??? Then I know we are doomed!!!!!

Sent using the CB app
    techvisor, h20work, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    02-06-14 10:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to need a lot more tinfoil
    milo53, techvisor and JeepBB like this.
    02-06-14 10:42 AM
30 12