This is really just false, especially when it comes to gmail or SMS/MMS, where Android spanks BB's sad little ****. You are a bad, biased salesman.
    Well if you can explain to me the advantages that the Droid offers as opposed to the Tour as far as its messaging capabilities are concerned, I'd be enamored to know them, because as far as I know, the BB is far superior messaging phone, with push e-mail, better keyboard, etc...

Sorry that the Tour doesn't come pre-packaged with threaded SMS, which is the only advantage that the Droid has to offer in that aspect, once 5.0 is fully released that'll be a moot point, and as far as the Gmail, you have something there, as I'm sure with the Android you can sync mailboxes, etc... but of course that's only for Gmail...

Am I missing something here? I may be a little biased to the BB, but I did make sure to point out that the Droid is a far better phone for multimedia, and if the gentleman had stated that he was going to be doing heavy web browsing/videos, I would have pushed him in the direction of the Droid, for obvious reasons.

I wouldn't lead someone astray just because I have BB for the reasons that I want to have one... if there's a better device to suit their particular needs, I would no doubt point them to that direction, whether it be a Droid, iPhone, or what not...

I'm just glad to sell a BB to someone who could use one...
    Last edited by elvin1983; 11-25-09 at 02:56 PM.
    11-25-09 02:52 PM
    The misconception is that "push" email is offered on the iPhone and Droid also and IMO it's WAY BETTER. (unless you're on a BES)

However, "push" email through BIS and you don't get calendar syncing and contact syncing. Unless you're on a BES, you're missing many of the "features" of a Blackberry.

Unlike the Blackberry, with the iPhone and Droid's push, it's calendars AND contacts.

People are not realizing what "push" email is. It's not something that only the Blackberry can do, just like "3G" isn't limited to just GSM.

push email is where your device gets emails pushed to them, vs your device having to fetch emails. Windows Mobile has offered this for forever.. iPhone and Droid offer push email. Blackberry's offer push email.

Honestly, for end users who aren't on a BES, I would of sold them on any other device other than a Blackberry.. it's just more frustration for them when they find out their contacts aren't synced and calendars aren't synced.
    Last edited by sniffs; 11-25-09 at 03:12 PM.
    11-25-09 03:09 PM
    I have and love my Tour..............................but I want the Droid
    11-25-09 03:29 PM
    lol awesome. Would have to agree it was a good purchase from the buyer
    11-25-09 05:47 PM
    I just got done playing with the droid and I was very impressed with the browser and screen size, but that's it. The tour beats it in every other aspect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 06:43 PM
    So I picked up a part time job selling cell phones, and I just convinced someone to buy the Tour over the Droid. He was really happy with his purchase. I'm helping BB defeat the Droid!

Cool beans bru.
    11-25-09 06:46 PM
    I have and love my Tour..............................but I want the Droid
    you want a droid get a hero, lol
    11-25-09 07:19 PM
    So, can someone point me to a good side-by-side features comparison between the Droid and the Tour?

I was all set to pick up my new Tour a week ago in the VZW store when I was introduced to the Droid.

It was pretty impressive.

(I've had my BB Pearl for 2 years and really like it. The attraction of the Tour or Droid is still having a keypad. I have tried the iPhone, BB Storm, etc, and just don't like not feeling the keys under my fingers... it's way too slow for me.)
    11-25-09 07:53 PM
    I always make sure I clean my hands before using my phone. Trust me, I take very good care of my things.
    I wish I was more like you, I have the 8320 and it has been through ****...the silver parts are now black because everything has come off...my trackball is black..the phone is dirty in places I'm too lazy to clean...and my bodyglove case is scratched and torn and beat up all over.
    11-25-09 09:20 PM
    Well, I did it. I set aside my Pearl and went with the Motorola DROID last week.

It was a long and arduous decision. I spent nearly two months comparing phones and talking with users. I looked at the BB Tour and Storm, iPhone, Palm Pre, Android Eris and Motorola DROID, and the DROID won out.

I really wanted a physical keyboard, which ultimately ruled out iPhone, Storm and Eris.

The Pre seemed clunky in how the phone moved between applications, and it did not seem to have logical connections in how required steps were designed.

The Tour is sweet! I like it's keyboard, and there is the comfort factor of being a familiar operating system, However, it's screen is 1/2 the size of the DROID, and it's Internet, while much faster than my old Pearl, still can't hold a candle to the blazing speed of the DROID.

IMPORTANT NOTE: After using the DROID for the past week, I have stumbled across an app called SWYPE, which dramatically speeds up texting on the virtual keyboard. The user drags their finger across the screen over the letters desired, and the software interprets the desired word. It is so intuitive, I am actually using it more than the physical keyboard. If anyone had told me that there was a similar app for the Storm, I might have been swayed to stay with a BB because of the comfort of the BB functions.
    01-02-10 09:36 AM
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not you too! You are becoming a Droid zombie? Say it ain't so Moose!
    Sadly, I too went from BB to android.... I have learned the error of my ways. So when income tax money comes in I'm going 9700.

01-02-10 09:47 AM
    thats awesome I dont like the droid
    01-02-10 12:47 PM
    ...and what if you sold them the wrong phone. It is their needs, not your preferences.
    +1. Sounds like he shouldn't be selling phones even part-time.
    01-02-10 03:33 PM
    I'm glad you let a customer buy a POS. Good job buddy!
    1) Read your sig and take your own advice.
    2) What are you still doing here then?
    01-02-10 05:43 PM
    ...and what if you sold them the wrong phone. It is their needs, not your preferences.
    agreed.....
    Don't sell the phone you want them to buy.
    Let them buy what they need.
    01-02-10 05:46 PM
    Sounds like the buyer probably had no idea what they needed, or didnt specifically need anything. Therefore it is OK to impart your own personal opinion/bias.

Both phones can instant message, text, internet, take pictures/video etc. Was probably just a casual phone user looking for something handy.
    01-02-10 06:05 PM
    So I picked up a part time job selling cell phones, and I just convinced someone to buy the Tour over the Droid. He was really happy with his purchase. I'm helping BB defeat the Droid!

Good Job,BB warrior!
    01-03-10 01:53 AM
    , just like "3G" isn't limited to just GSM.
    Except 3G specifically refers to a GSM technology.
    01-03-10 02:46 AM
    I'm glad you let a customer buy a POS. Good job buddy!
    I LOL'd when I read you signature, then your post.

If anyone did a good job, it was you, buddy!
    01-03-10 03:04 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD