It's currently in stock in at least 9 shops right now (out of 35 monitored). I don't know if it helps, but you can get it here: Blackberry Passport | Buy Blackberry Passport in Dubai UAE | Best Price
    10-20-14 03:50 PM
    After all the sold out announcements. Have BlackBerry sold at least 1 million units already?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 05:35 PM
    After all the sold out announcements. Have BlackBerry sold at least 1 million units already?
    It's more likely that BB has produced around 300-350,000 units so far. I'd estimate that the initial 200,000 for North America and 50,000 (perhaps 100,000) for the rest of the world were the initial production run, and since the, the restockings we've seen have been a far smaller number of units. I can promise you that BB didn't have surge capacity to make 700,000 units in a couple of weeks when 300,000 or so represented 2 months of output (typical of product launches).

No question the initial sales of the Passport have exceeded expectations, but those expectations were very low, and production capacity reflects that. I'm sure BB is working to have production working at full volume, but they aren't likely to add additional production lines, even if supplies are constrained for a while, because they can't afford to over-produce. At the same time, I expect the next couple of batches to be larger as the existing production line spools up to full volume.
    10-20-14 06:06 PM
    It's more likely that BB has produced around 300-350,000 units so far. I'd estimate that the initial 200,000 for North America and 50,000 (perhaps 100,000) for the rest of the world were the initial production run, and since the, the restockings we've seen have been a far smaller number of units. I can promise you that BB didn't have surge capacity to make 700,000 units in a couple of weeks when 300,000 or so represented 2 months of output (typical of product launches).

No question the initial sales of the Passport have exceeded expectations, but those expectations were very low, and production capacity reflects that. I'm sure BB is working to have production working at full volume, but they aren't likely to add additional production lines, even if supplies are constrained for a while, because they can't afford to over-produce. At the same time, I expect the next couple of batches to be larger as the existing production line spools up to full volume.
    Interesting.

If you had to guess. How many of these passports have been purchased by current blackberry users upgrading from another BlackBerry device? I would say pretty much most of them are BlackBerry users upgeading.

BlackBerry is scheduled to release the classic soon and some rumored new devices early next year.

Will these people upgrade again?

Myself, I did not like the passport but fell in love later with it. However, I'm not desperate to upgrade to it. I'll wait for next year devices. I wonder how many left like me?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:05 PM
    Congrats man!
    I just got mine today too, it's crazy awesome!!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:13 PM
    Interesting.

If you had to guess. How many of these passports have been purchased by current blackberry users upgrading from another BlackBerry device? I would say pretty much most of them are BlackBerry users upgeading.

BlackBerry is scheduled to release the classic soon and some rumored new devices early next year.

Will these people upgrade again?

Myself, I did not like the passport but fell in love later with it. However, I'm not desperate to upgrade to it. I'll wait for next year devices. I wonder how many left like me?
    Speaking only of the US for a moment, the Passport is the first phone BB has released in the last 18 months from the perspective of anyone not on Verizon (i.e., 3 out of 4 of the major US carriers), and the first in nearly a year for Verizon customers (of course, it's not available on Verizon). That means there are a lot of BB users, mostly Z10/Q10 users, who haven't had anything to upgrade to in a long time, and many who probably worried that a BB upgrade might never come. Plus, this is arguably the closest BB has ever come to releasing a flagship that's relatively close to the latest specs, despite the odd form factor. For that reason, I agree with you that most Passport buyers are existing BB users who are upgrading from an older BB phone. I suspect that the PP isn't bringing in very many buyers from outside the BB world, though it might bring back some who left BB fairly recently (since the BB10 launch).

For that reason, I suspect that the better-than-expected sales are a combination of pent-up demand for an upgrade (of any kind) from the BB camp plus some who have always wanted a flagship BB with actual "flagship specs." And for that reason, I suspect that once they all get their PPs, the demand will die way down. Of course, I could be wrong.

I also think that the PP buyers are not the Classic buyers. The Classic is going to be for enterprises, to replace the 9900s and other BBOS phones that many of them are still carrying. With the same controls, it will be an easier transition to the modern OS. I don't see the Classic as having wide appeal to the consumer BB customer, while the PP does simply because it was built as a "flagship" device. So, I see relatively few Classics being sold to consumers, but plenty being sold to enterprises. I don't expect a lot of initial sales, but I expect a "long tail" of sales over the next year.

I don't see many PP buyers buying Classics, except for a few who find the PP to be too big, or who are BB collectors and get one of everything "just because."
    10-20-14 10:17 PM
31 12