I own a blackberry pearl 8100, and it wont connect to my computer because of some installation software that I have to update, I got my fone used and I dont really know how this all works. I am wondering wat I am suppose to install on my computer and my phone in order for me to connect to my laptop. I am also wondering if the blackberry software costs money?????
    Last edited by tree1234567; 07-16-09 at 02:00 PM.
    07-16-09 01:47 PM
    Blackberry Desktop Manager. I am not sure which version. I have a 8820 on DM 4.6. I imagine it should work for you. Otherwise you may find more specific info in the "how to" forums..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 02:09 PM
    You can find Desktop Mgr for free, do a search to see which version will work for your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 02:12 PM
    Follow this link:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

This will take you to the page where you download BB Desktop Manager. This is the program that you need to keep on your laptop to sync your BB with your computer. For your Pearl, you'll want to download V4.5. I would recommend downloading the English version (unless you use a different language more than English) and get the one without the media manager. Then, you'll be able to sync your phone with your laptop.

Also, all software upgrades thru BlackBerry are free of charge (to the best of my knowlege). If you go to Options>About, it will tell you what Operating System you are running, for example, it will say something like 4.5.0.66, in that kind of sequence. If your version is 4.3, I would consider upgrading to version 4.5. You can find instructions on how to do that in the BlackBerry 101 section of the blogs on this site. Only upgrade your device software if you are completely comfortable doing so.

Hope this all works well for you, welcome to CB.
    07-16-09 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD