Ok you Blackberry guru's, what did I do wrong. I got an email from RIM saying to go download version 4.5 as soon as possible. I backed up my curve 8300 to pc, then downloaded the update.

It wiped out all of my personal stuff, addressbook, downloaded applications, EVERYTHING. So now I'm in the process of restoring the backup from pc to blackberry, which supposedly takes abouat 10 minutes?

What did I do wrong, and how should this be done? The email from RIM simply says DOWNLOAD here, and no warning about losing everything?

Any help is appreciated.

JLO
    03-31-09 07:46 PM
    I think you'll be ok. Use desktop manager to restore your backup. You can also do a sync with outlook if you have your info in outlook.

Good luck and let us know what worked or didn't work.
    03-31-09 08:03 PM
    i restored from pc - but all of my applications are gone, and other stuff i haven't even figured out that was missing yet. login screen picture changed too. where is the theme i had before and i can i get it back? thanks for the quick response. jlo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 08:07 PM
    I had GMAIL, TELENAV, GOOGLE and other shortcuts on my desktop, and they didn't restore either

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 08:23 PM
    Backing up the device does not backup applications and themes,
    only the databases and your settings. If the upgrade removed your apps and they do not show in the Application Loader part of
    Desktop Manager, you need to download them and reinstall them.
    03-31-09 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD