hello

You may know of my other thread about this dodgy BlackBerry, if not, please take a look .

Well I thought whatever problem it was with it was sorted but apparently not. My boyfriend has been using the phone with his GiffGaff sim in as his was only one that actually worked. However, the phone has stopped working again. He tried to ring me on it, and he said the phone automatically put a dialling code of +86 in front of my number and he got through to some guy in another country and had to apologize. Now this shouldn't be happening.

I have been on to GiffGaff and their forum are saying that it could be a software problem? It seems the phone just will not work with any English SIM cards and we can't ring out or text. If we do try to ring someone, we get a weird foreign voice message, possibly chinese. I just haven't a clue what to do with it. I'm going to take it back to Entertainment Exchange for the second time. The first time they insisited it wasn't faulty!!

Also is there any way I can check via BlackBerry if its a black listed phone or something like that?
    Any help greatly appreiciated!!
    01-23-13 01:31 PM
    Update:

Apparently over on giffgaff, they are saying it could be a problem with smart dialling? whats smart dialling?
    and if I fix this, is that it sorted? I really really hope so!
    01-23-13 01:58 PM
    Go into smart dialing and change the country code
    GlamGemini likes this.
    01-23-13 02:00 PM
    Smart dialing is under phone, blackberry button, options
    GlamGemini likes this.
    01-23-13 02:00 PM
    I'm excited as I'm hoping thats all the problem is.

So would this fix it permanently if thats what it is? or would I keep getting the same problem again?
    01-23-13 02:04 PM
    that should fix it
    GlamGemini likes this.
    01-23-13 02:06 PM
    that should fix it
    I really really really hope so

The boyfriend wants the phone so thats good, I did a quick turn around there lol
    Well actually no I didn't. I was on about getting a BlackBerry and he was adamant he didn't like them. He hasn't put this one down since I bought it, so I think the phone sold itself.
    darkehawke likes this.
    01-23-13 02:09 PM
    Oh my god, it worked it worked it worked!!

*does happy dance*

The phone was set up for China on the smart dialling thing. No wonder I kept getting that poor chinese dude lol
    Have set it up for UK now, got charged once for a text but been working fine since!! Hurray!!
    I would never ever have figured that out, who knew it was something so simple.

BTW Is UK app world being a bit strange for anyone else today? went on my laptop wanting to look at apps, but i just keep getting a blank screen. Thought maybe they updating stuff for BB10. Just wondered if anyone else was having the same.
    01-24-13 08:19 AM