I have an 8310, on AT&T, running the Vodafone 4.5.0.37.

I've been running it since it was released with no noticeable problems, other than the already known memory leak. The past 24 hours has been weird though.

Viigo is no longer updating automatically, and Weather Bug Direct seems to have stopped doing the same as well. They are refreshing when I manually tell them to, but that's not the idea.

Also, my custom ringtones, assigned to individual contacts, seem to periodically go away, but only for certain contacts.
    07-09-08 08:54 AM
    that OS is know to have bugs. I'd suggest upgrading to one of the betas or downgrade.
    07-09-08 09:03 AM
    Ugh.

What I wonder is why that wouldn't happen until this many weeks into using it.
    07-09-08 09:11 AM
    it's device specific..and just happens. Maybe try to pull the battery and see if that helps. But it is a known fact that .37 is very buggy.

*edit* maybe log into your carreirs BIS.and resend the service books.and do the same on your device
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 07-09-08 at 09:17 AM.
    07-09-08 09:14 AM
    Hmmm. OK. I'll try the service books.

Sure hope AT&T puts an official version up one of these years. Kinda like the capabilities the OS added.
    07-09-08 09:30 AM
    Thought I'd post this for others to maybe benefit from.

I did resend the service books, to no avail. I ended up uninstalling Weather Bug Direct, one module at a time, since the removal process didn't do the job. I reinstalled it and it seemed to work OK.

Anyhoo, I got an email from Eddie at Weather Bug Direct this morning telling me:

From the bug report it appears that your device was unable to open a connection
    for an extended period of time. This could happen for a couple of reasons.

Could you try setting your TLS options to "Handheld" rather then "Proxy"? We
    have found that sometime the proxy gets into a weird state and doesn't seem to
    allow a connection to be opened.
    To do so:
    1) Go to "Options"
    2) Go to "Security Options"
    3) Select TLS
    4) Change from proxy to handheld

Note: a restart is needed for this to take effect on some devices.
    Thanks and please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

So, I've tried this. We should see over the next couple of days if that makes things run smoother or not.
    07-11-08 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD