Toyota just announced another recall for 1.9Million Prius Hybirds,this is not the first time Toyota has had to recall their cars ,because of a problem with software,I've checked everywhere and can't find whose software is in the cars.It can't be QNX, as the media would certainly jump on this .Does anybody know? How should BB take advantage of this ?
    02-13-14 07:41 AM
    The company said it decided on the call-back -- the biggest for the eco-friendly vehicle -- after the discovery of problems with software used to control a power converter that posed a risk to drivers.
    02-13-14 08:12 AM
    I can't imagine it would matter. The Prius has a lot of software controlling the functions of the vehicle which you can see when you scroll through the display. I'm sure Toyota designed most if not all of it.
    02-13-14 08:23 AM
    I can't imagine it would matter. The Prius has a lot of software controlling the functions of the vehicle which you can see when you scroll through the display. I'm sure Toyota designed most if not all of it.
    Most probably. QNX is the OS, on top of it must be running various other apps .

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake
    02-13-14 08:28 AM
    Most probably. QNX is the OS, on top of it must be running various other apps .

--------------------
    When they talk about QNX and the kernel ,this eliminates the other apps when they malfunction,I don't think the OS is QNX.
    Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake
    02-13-14 09:07 AM
    Away...we...go.
    02-13-14 09:07 AM
    It wouldn't matter which OS is being used. It's not an OS flaw. It's a software config error. In a nutshell, it would be like criticizing an OS for an App's flaw in the mobile device industry.
    02-13-14 10:06 AM
    I don't think it's QNX,ONSTAR could send an upgrade to the software without having to recall the cars,a great advantage and BB should try and net these guys.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    02-13-14 04:33 PM
    I don't think it's QNX,ONSTAR could send an upgrade to the software without having to recall the cars,a great advantage and BB should try and net these guys.
    Very valid point!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 04:51 PM
    QNX is nothing more than the underlying, base OS. It is built upon by the developers of other programs. BB10, for example, is built on QNX, it is not QNX. Just like Android is built on Linux. You can't blame Linux for an Android bug... you look at Android for that.
    02-13-14 04:56 PM
    Cars have around 20 different embedded computers in them.

I think the whole point of QNX Car is so they only need 1.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 10:00 PM
    QNX powers Toyota Entune which came into being around 2010 if your prius model is older than this it does not run QNX in any form for infotainment.
    My folks have a Prius but it came out before the QNX infotainment system :s

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    02-13-14 10:11 PM
    I am no car expert, but why would it matter if it runs QNX or not?
    QNX just runs the multimedia side of the car, not the mechanical side... so I do not really see how that could cause a dangerous defect.

There is more 'software' in cars than just the entertainment.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    02-13-14 10:40 PM
    The recall was done ,to do an update to the software ,that could cause the car to stall,that could be dangerous
    02-14-14 07:56 AM