Ok, now I know there is a hard reset and a soft reset. Some would say do not do the hard reset cuz of the bettery terminal, etc. But I just realized there r two ways to do a soft reset; which would u recomend, the softreset program or the ALT + SHIFT + DEL... Thanks
    03-09-08 12:18 AM
    Oh, and if there is any major difference between the two softreset options...
    03-09-08 12:22 AM
    I only do hard resets. Its good for your Berry to do them once in awhile.
    03-09-08 12:24 AM
    I heard that the SoftReset program only works for the pearl. But i d/l it anyways to try it out, and it works. BUT, to do a soft reset all you have to press is alt + cap + delete.

Having the app on the curve just takes up memory.

And I also prefer to do a battery pull. Hardly do any soft resets.
    03-09-08 12:26 AM
    99.9% of us do a Battery pull whenever something goes wrong. How many times do you see the very first answer to a question is "Battery Pull" kinda funny but its true.
    03-09-08 12:58 AM
    99.9% of us do a Battery pull whenever something goes wrong. How many times do you see the very first answer to a question is "Battery Pull" kinda funny but its true.
    yep... when in doubt, pull the battery out!
    03-09-08 01:02 AM
    ^^ Very Wise Words! He he
    03-09-08 01:03 AM
    to do a soft reset all you have to press is alt + cap + delete
    Wow. I am continually amazed as to how much you can learn from others.

I didn't know this worked.

Now, is there really a difference between this "soft reset" and the battery pull? My Curve seemed to perform the same with either approach.
    03-09-08 04:14 AM
    yep... when in doubt, pull the battery out!
    Or......"when in doubt, I pull the battery out, got me a rock n roll band, it's a free for all"....sorry had to do it for the motor city madman!!!!
    03-09-08 08:14 AM
    Thank u all for a speedy reply. I asked this question because I read that doing a hard reset wears down the battery terminals n the latch for the battery door. Any opinions on that..? So I guess there isn't a big a difference as to how u reset by ur responses. Just as long as u do it lol. Thank u again
    03-09-08 09:09 AM
    Oh, and if there is any major difference between the two softreset options...
    Well when you do a soft reset, that is like putting your BB in sleep mode, it doesn't fully shut off, and no there isn't any difference in what it does as far as how you do the soft reset. Now, the hard reset will completely power down your BB when its out and reboot it. The blackberries are much like a small computer. I have worked with all sprint/nextel blackberries for over a year, so if you have any questions let me know! yay!
    03-09-08 11:50 AM
    Does the SOFT-RESET program work EXACTLY the same as a Battery Pull while the unit is ON?

My BB 8830 is now encased in an Otterbox and so a Battery Pull is not as easy as it use to be. So I've taken to using the SoftReset program.

Any info would be appreciated.
    03-09-08 01:02 PM
    Well when you do a soft reset, that is like putting your BB in sleep mode, it doesn't fully shut off, and no there isn't any difference in what it does as far as how you do the soft reset. Now, the hard reset will completely power down your BB when its out and reboot it.
    Thanks for your thoughts Informant.

I just learned this "alt + cap + delete" function in this thread last night. I had been doing a battery pull regularly before.

I cannot tell the difference between doing a battery pull and pushing "alt + cap + delete" on my Curve. In both cases, my Curve does a complete shutdown and turns itself off and then back on and recycles itself.

Perhaps on older models the process is different but the appearances are that the "alt + cap + delete" process does exactly the same thing on my Curve as a battery pull and the "alt + cap + delete" process is much easier on my battery door and my fingernails.

Any other thoughts?
    03-09-08 04:25 PM
    Wow, Alt + Cap + Del. Bugger the app now!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-08 01:32 AM
    I heard that the SoftReset program only works for the pearl. But i d/l it anyways to try it out, and it works. BUT, to do a soft reset all you have to press is alt + cap + delete.

Having the app on the curve just takes up memory.

And I also prefer to do a battery pull. Hardly do any soft resets.
    I tried that on my 8320,nothing happens.
    03-16-08 09:29 PM
    I tried that on my 8320,nothing happens.
    Are you sure you're pressing the CAP button? (under "Enter")

Also, do you have your options set to Dialing from home screen?
    03-16-08 11:28 PM
    Are you sure you're pressing the CAP button? (under "Enter")

Also, do you have your options set to Dialing from home screen?
    No, I was pressing the cap button on the left.

I think I'm dialing from home.
    03-17-08 05:44 AM
    OK well you need to press the CAP on the right.
    03-17-08 08:13 PM
    Does the SOFT-RESET program work EXACTLY the same as a Battery Pull while the unit is ON?
    I don't see a bit of difference.

Both approaches turn the unit completely off and bring it up from a cold start.

I don't see the need to put your fingernails and your battery door through the stress anymore since it's just as easy to do this from your keyboard.
    03-17-08 08:17 PM
    I have yet to get my 8320 to do anything when trying this.
    03-17-08 08:42 PM
    On my 8830, alt-cap-del reboots it, but isn't the same as a battery pull. The memory reading didn't change at all. It is more like going to sleep and waking up. More free memory is available after a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-08 08:56 PM
    alt+ right shift + delete
    04-01-08 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD