Been a lot of threads about soft/hard reset... Hard reset being battery pull and soft being alt/shf/del

My bb froze so I did a battery pull.

When doing this does it reset all the profile stuff - ringers, notifications, etc, back to default???

MG

Edited to add: Which is best / safer??
    Last edited by jmgilliam; 01-24-08 at 12:11 PM. Reason: adding
    01-24-08 12:06 PM
    I don't believe a battery pull will reset your settings to default. From experience with other phones, hard resets are better when dealing with a freeze/glitch problems as soft resets sometimes just won't work. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong folks!
    01-24-08 12:30 PM
    It doesn't reset your profile setting back to factory setting. So you are safe to pull the battery when the need arises.
    01-24-08 12:34 PM
    The hard reset (battery pull) usually solves the issues but for your pearl there's a program called Soft Reset that will do it for you without pressing that button combo.
    01-24-08 01:08 PM
    how do you hard reset if your phone won't boot, then?
    01-24-08 06:56 PM
    ALT/SHFT/DEL will not initiate a Reset on the Pearl. Only choice is a battery pull or the SoftReset program.
    01-24-08 07:18 PM
    You are correct, a hard reset will not lose any settings. Now a 3 year old throwing your phone down a flight of stairs at the mall, yes bery much so....
    01-24-08 08:43 PM
    You are correct, a hard reset will not lose any settings. Now a 3 year old throwing your phone down a flight of stairs at the mall, yes bery much so....
    haha, i would imagine so.

Like everyone already mentioned, hard reset wont reset your profiles. I do a battery pull about once a week, sometimes twice. I would be pissed if the profiles got reset that often.
    01-24-08 09:04 PM
    I've got the 8830 & installed the hard reset program mentioned for the Pearl (missed that somewhere I guess). But it worked the first time. Now when I attempt to use it I get
    "aa_DeleteToReset already exists. To reset, go Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications, hit Menu and choose Modules, and delete aa_DeleteToReset."
    When I follow the instructions I get "Unable to aa_remove DeleteToReset. It is required by IT policy application control."
    Now what??

thanks in advance
    01-28-08 04:38 PM
    Hard Reset? Fear not, here's the instructions straight from Research In Motion's user guide for the 8300 (PDF file):

1. Go to Options
    2. Select Security Options
    3. Select General Settings
    4. Click the Menu key
    5. Select Wipe Handheld
    6. Click Continue
    7. Type in the word blackberry
    02-17-08 07:00 PM
    Hard reset is actually a handset wipe. Soft reset is anything that reboots your phoen - be it a battery pull or key combo. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-08 07:12 PM
    the other day, I noticed all my SMS messages were gone in my phone.
    I had just done a battery pull recently so does it wipe the SMS box, or was i the victim of the dreaded memory leak??
    02-17-08 07:40 PM
    sometimes when i do a batt pull I have to reset my home screen background.maybe 50% of the time. Not a big deal but kinda weird.
    02-17-08 09:39 PM
    As a bit of a Blackberry newbie, can someone explain exactly what gets deleted when you wipe the handset?
    02-21-08 04:03 AM
    Bizkoddal lezart a telefonom a kartyam benne es nem reagal a biztonsagi kodra amit megadtam ilyenkor mi van???????
    02-26-11 10:36 AM
    segitsetek koszi mert megvagyok love
    02-26-11 10:36 AM
    Hi Guys, my problem is this.

My old blackberry bold 9000 it was dropped and the scrollball and keys to the right and left of the scroll ball were damamged, im going to get this fixed however i want to wipe my phone as it has alot of personal data on before I take it to be repaired, now how can i reset the phone to factory settings so it wipes all my data etc? I cant use the scroll ball or the keys to the right and left of it, any ideas?
    10-04-11 05:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD