thank you! I'm working on this now, trying to figure out how to uninstall a program from the BB!
    05-27-08 08:13 PM
    I'm gonna cry!!
    I've uninstalled from my computer and my BB. Now the browser has a 503 error and can't get to mobile.google.com
    05-27-08 08:27 PM
    I was playing with this app recently and noticed one downside if you have both BES and BIS. Apparently GSync can't tell in which calendar the new appt was created. Therefore, new appts that comes thru BES get pushed to Google calendar just like your BB Google Calendar appts do.

Anyone else noticed this? Note - you have to have both BES and a gmail/gcalendar setup to see the problem.

I was thinking of keeping personal stuff on google (sync'd with GSync) and work on Outlook (sync'd with BES), but it doesn't look like that's going to work cleanly. You can pick your google calendar in the GSync options, but since the Desktop calendar isn't an option, you can't exclude it either.
    05-27-08 08:36 PM
    I'm gonna cry!!
    I've uninstalled from my computer and my BB. Now the browser has a 503 error and can't get to mobile.google.com
    According to this BB BTSC aticle that should be a temporary server problem - nothing went wrong on your Curve. Not sure if you knew that or not, but thought I'd post just in case you didn't.

A little off topic, but in case folks don't know about the Blackberry Technical Solution Center, it's consistently been a huge source of information. It seems to be very thorough and the search engine they use is highly accurate. This is far, far more than the typical vendor's garbage-masquerading-as-a-knowledge-base site.
    05-27-08 08:43 PM
    I've got it up and working Despite my overly dramatic break down!!
    05-27-08 08:45 PM
    Good to hear - you sounded kinda panicky for a Sultan and all
    05-27-08 08:49 PM
    Works great. I think it's the best app. for the BB
    05-28-08 07:36 AM
    I got rid of the google sync program and switched to goosync with syncje. It's worth every penny in my opinion to have a solid program that syncs my contacts, calendar, tasks, and memo's.
    06-01-08 08:05 AM
    I hope someone can help me...

I have a Curve (VZW) and for some reason Google Sync stopped synchronizing my calendar. It performs the sync and says it was successful but there aren't any changes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    06-19-08 03:18 PM
    I hope someone can help me...

I have a Curve (VZW) and for some reason Google Sync stopped synchronizing my calendar. It performs the sync and says it was successful but there aren't any changes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    That's pretty standard stuff man, it ain't that great of a system.
    06-19-08 04:12 PM
    I got rid of the google sync program and switched to goosync with syncje. It's worth every penny in my opinion to have a solid program that syncs my contacts, calendar, tasks, and memo's.
    What ticks me off about this is your not paying for goosync, you have to pay for goosync, AND then also pay for syncje, that sucks.
    06-19-08 04:14 PM
    Help! I've installed google calendar but can't install googlesync. Tried accessing it from the website - entering my mobile no - it says it can't be sent due to connectivity problem. When I take my BB browser to the link there's no download, just adverts for google.

How can else can I get google sync?
    06-20-08 05:07 AM
    Got it! Found a link on this site that took me straight to it so thanks whoever you were.

Seems to be working just fine, now all we need is contacts in google...
    06-21-08 12:21 PM
    GSync blows. Won't upload new anything from my BB to Gcal. Won't download any entries from gcal to BB, even when it says it was successful.
    07-01-08 04:11 PM
    mine has and does work fine, sorry about your luck with it
    07-01-08 04:13 PM
    Just played with it again. Here's the latest if anyone thinks they can help:

Old events created on BB will not upload to gcal. However, deleting and replacing the event will make it show up on gcal.

Old events on gcal won't download to BB. Once again, if I delete them and re-add them, they will download to BB.

Basically, I need to wipe out my calendar and start over and hope that I never have to reset my phone, because then I'd be where I am right now.
    07-01-08 04:19 PM
    So can anybody compare this to how Yahoo calendar works with your BB? Currently usling Yahoo, but thinking about giving Google a try if there are advantages to it.
    07-01-08 04:23 PM
    Okay, so should this just look like a "list" of appointments etc? It appears to be just a giant list of dates followed by appointments for the day. Is there something I must do to change the view?
    07-01-08 04:28 PM
    What Up Pleople!!!
    A Total Newbie To Google Calendar Sync, So I Have A Couple Questions:

1) If You Add A New Appointment On Your BlackBerry, Does It Sync To Your GCal?
    2) If You Add A NEW Appointment On Your GCal, Does It Sync To Your BlackBerry?
    07-01-08 05:34 PM
    It did for me, but others have posted problems getting theirs to work. I've stopped trying to use it because of one particular side effect. I have both BES and BIS and noticed that my meeting requests coming from BES got sync'd to gcal. I was only interested in gsync to keep work and personal separate, so that was a deal breaker for me. Couldn't find a way around that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 06:11 PM
    I love this thing.
    07-01-08 06:15 PM
    how do you have an icon for google
    calander on my main menu
    07-02-08 12:27 AM
    Don't believe you can. From within the bb calendar app, you can select which calendar (or all) to see. Use Options-Select Calendar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-08 07:34 AM
    Hey, you might want to check out Remember The Milk. It is a great task management site. I love it. You can get something called MilkSync. It acts just like Google Sync but for tasks. It syncs 2 way with the native BB app. It works awesome!

The website is free, but the MilkSync requires a PRO account which is $25. It was totally worth it for me. You can also get a 15 day free trial of MilkSync to test out as well. I HIGHLY recommend RTM.
    I agree with you 100%. Right now I'm using the trial version and it's great and easy to use.
    Going to install Google sync right now to give it a try.
    07-05-08 01:27 AM
    Google Sync and Remember the Milk sound like great solutions for those of us with unusable DMs.

So...let me get this straight.

I have my PC calendar on Outlook.

I go to Google Calendars and install/download something to my PC. This will sync up with my Outlook calendar.

I point my bb pearl over there and download/install something to the berry. Then my berry calendar will sync with my Outlook through Google calendars.

No need for stupidDMwithroxiowhichwon'tworkonmypcnorrecognizemybb.

Is this correct?

besiderself
    07-05-08 05:57 AM
104 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD