me too, I don't use outlook so was relieved that Google was an option. Been using the calendar/sync combo to co-ordinate my small business for the last few weeks and it seems to be working a treat so far.
    01-28-08 10:13 AM
    I too am having the same issue. My curve syncs with outlook and then when I sync with google calendar, the new appts don't get on the google calendar.
    Anyone have the solution yet?
    Thanks
    margie
    01-30-08 11:20 AM
    Use a 3rd party app to sync Outlook with google. I've been trying GSyncIt, there are a few.
    01-30-08 01:01 PM
    been using it as well, works like a champ for what it does. However, my problem with GCAL in general is the lack of Task Management. If they added that .... I'd use it exclusively, and be willing to pay for it since I *do* like Gcal .. a lot
    01-30-08 01:29 PM
    Does anyone know why when I point my bb browser to the bb web site to download the google sync patch, that I get a notice saying the patch is not available for my software version?
    02-08-08 04:47 PM
    I've searched everywhere, and can't seem where to find out how to sync ALL of my multiple Google calendars to my phone? Apparently it's only syncing my default calendar, but none of the others that i have. I've tried every option and still can't figure it out. I'm sure it's easy - anyone have an idea?
    03-29-08 05:01 PM
    I've been using Gcal/Gsync for about 2 weeks now and I love it!

Being a Mac user and finding a way to link/sync my calendar to my MS Office/ical apps was overly frustrating....now with Gcal/Gsync, it's flawless (well...99.9% ) and I can use my BB calendar!
    03-30-08 01:44 AM
    I have the following configuration:

Laptop /Google Sync Installed For Two Way Sync Via Outlook With Gmail

Blackberry /Google Sync configured for two way sync

My objective was to make Gmail Calendar the "central" point for when I add items on my device as well as through Outlook. But what's happening is is that I'm getting duplicates. Has anyone seen this?
    04-30-08 09:06 AM
    I was seeing duplicates but that has since stopped. This is what I'm doing:
    I add the calander entry on my BB, sync it with my Mac and with Google.
    04-30-08 09:26 AM
    That's where my problem lies...I like to add appointments via the BB and via Outlook when I'm working from the laptop. But I can't figure out where this weird duplicating is taking place.
    04-30-08 10:02 PM
    I did a search for this problem, but couldn't find it...sorry if it's stated somewhere. I recently set up the Outlook-Google Calendar-BB Calendar sync, but some of my appointments aren't staying on my BB. All of my appointments for last week are gone, but the previous week and this week are still there...any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
    05-04-08 11:40 PM
    I use it all the time it works great. I wish it could also sync your tasks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 07:01 AM
    I did a search for this problem, but couldn't find it...sorry if it's stated somewhere. I recently set up the Outlook-Google Calendar-BB Calendar sync, but some of my appointments aren't staying on my BB. All of my appointments for last week are gone, but the previous week and this week are still there...any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
    That's odd. Are they still there on your Google Calendar and your Outlook Calendar? With the two way sync, if they get deleted from one of the other calendars, they will delete off the BB as well.
    05-05-08 11:55 AM
    That's odd. Are they still there on your Google Calendar and your Outlook Calendar? With the two way sync, if they get deleted from one of the other calendars, they will delete off the BB as well.

Yes, the appointments are still in my Outlook and Google Calendars...not sure why they aren't showing up in my BB calendar
    05-05-08 01:38 PM
    I've searched everywhere, and can't seem where to find out how to sync ALL of my multiple Google calendars to my phone? Apparently it's only syncing my default calendar, but none of the others that i have. I've tried every option and still can't figure it out. I'm sure it's easy - anyone have an idea?
    It took me a while to figure this out, too. Here's what I do:

1. Open GoogleSync. Once you've synced your default calendar, then
    2. Press the menu button and go to Options
    3. In Options scroll down to the section that says "sync these calendars",
    4. Highlight your default calendar and press the menu button again and choose Change Option.
    5. You should see a list of all your calendars and you can check the ones you want to sync.
    6. Once you've got all of them checked, press the Menu button again and select Close.
    7. On the next screen, you can save the changes.
    8. Then do another sync and you should have everything on there.

On your BB, you won't be able to differentiate which events come from which calendar, though. When you add an event on the BB, you'll have to go back to Google at some point and you can change what calendar the event is on.

Hope this helps. I love GoogleSync. I was already using Google for my calendar, so it was a breeze when I got my Curve to do my calendar.
    05-06-08 07:39 AM
    Figured out what my problem was. Dell laptops come with a stupid Outlook add-in that was causing duplicates...Blahhh. More information on it here.
    05-07-08 09:18 PM
    You know I wasn't too psyched about this app till I read this thread. I'm going to get it right now!

05-27-08 08:23 AM
    i just started using it today on my 8320, so far so good...sync's pretty fast (for dial up lol.......)
    05-27-08 01:42 PM
    I used this as well. So far no problems. Installed google sync on both my bb and computer.
    05-27-08 02:10 PM
    I'm very confused with this :-(

I had Google Sync somehow set up to go through Outlook, and then it sync'ed itself through Google Sync and the desktop manager, so I had everything twice in there! So I disabled Outlook thinking I could just sync between the calendar on my BB and my google calendar. When I hit "sync" it says it worked but nothing went through.
    Do I have to have Outlook enabled??
    05-27-08 06:16 PM
    Does anybody know when BB will get a better calender set up? The black dashes just dont do it. It would be nice to see something different. If anybody knows anything please let me know.
    05-27-08 06:47 PM
    TheSultan, no you do NOT have to sync with Outlook. However, by default Outlook is the organizer that Desktop Manager is configured to sync with. In your synchronization options within Desktop Manager, choose not to sync your calendar with Outlook (unless you want to). If you primary calendar is Gmail, then you only need to install Google Sync on your Blackberry with 2 way synchronization. I hope I'm making sense...if not let me know!
    05-27-08 07:27 PM
    You're making sense, I just have no idea what I'm doing with this lol

I had original done exactly that, installed the 2 way sync with outlook. Then I decided if I didn't need to use Outlook I didn't want to. Now I've tried going back to syncing between my BB and my google calendar but I can't get it to work.
    05-27-08 07:29 PM
    I use it all the time it works great. I wish it could also sync your tasks.

Hey, you might want to check out Remember The Milk. It is a great task management site. I love it. You can get something called MilkSync. It acts just like Google Sync but for tasks. It syncs 2 way with the native BB app. It works awesome!

The website is free, but the MilkSync requires a PRO account which is $25. It was totally worth it for me. You can also get a 15 day free trial of MilkSync to test out as well. I HIGHLY recommend RTM.
    05-27-08 07:30 PM
    sultan, it's OK! do this. uninstall the Google Calendar Sync from both your PC and BB, reboot BB, and point your browser to mobile.google.com. Only install the Calendar Sync tool on your BB and configure your account and make sure that your correct calendar is correct to sync. let me know what happens.
    05-27-08 08:04 PM
104 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD