I don't know where you got that information that Heins was trying to license out BlackBerry 10. If he truly did and was asking for a huge fee for it then he would have done a great disservice to BlackBerry.

The main idea is to licence the BlackBerry 10 to oem manufacturers for a minimum fee or for free. Then it will make huge money from app sales.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    More takeover than license, but still:

BlackBerry?s Thorsten Heins faces nightmare scenario with no buyer in sight | Financial Post

Lenovo pursued BlackBerry bid, but Ottawa rejected idea - The Globe and Mail
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-30-16 12:20 PM
    Mobile nations Joint venture... lol

09-30-16 12:32 PM
    I don't see anyone lol. BlackBerry is done. If they can't sell their own phones then I don't see why any other company would invest on making their phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 12:41 PM
    Ha ha ha you totally missed what I was trying to say but never mind.

09-30-16 12:51 PM
    Only problem with this scenario is with BB10 there is no Google Play store. No Google Play store = no first tier Android apps which means no one would purchase this device. It's the same reason BB10 never gained any market share in the first place. In order to sell Android devices running Google services you need to sign onto the OHA otherwise you will end up like Amazon with their DOA Fire Phone.

Hey, I own a firephone. Darn good phone, especially after I loaded up Google play store myself.

It's my backup phone, mostly for fun stuff. My passport is the primary phone.

Passport!
    09-30-16 12:57 PM
    I don't know where you got that information that Heins was trying to license out BlackBerry 10. If he truly did and was asking for a huge fee for it then he would have done a great disservice to BlackBerry.

The main idea is to licence the BlackBerry 10 to oem manufacturers for a minimum fee or for free. Then it will make huge money from app sales.

Thorsten Heins: "To deliver BB10 we may need to look at licensing it to someone" | CrackBerry.com
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-30-16 01:00 PM
    Maybe Lenovo can try again?
    Lenovo is trying to do more to build their brand. They can always use Moto when they want a different brand. Plus I don't think they really tried before. Sure they may have flow a few people to Canada and looked at the books in 2013. I am sure that was by enough to kill interest. I think the Canadian Government storage was just cover to try and make it appear someone was interested in buying BB.
    10-01-16 02:30 AM
    Maybe Lenovo can try again?
    Lenovo has been wanting an entry into the mobile phone market, this is an opportunity.

Emperor of Texas & California.
    10-01-16 05:16 PM
    Lenovo has been wanting an entry into the mobile phone market, this is an opportunity.

em???? Is this a joke?
    TGR1 likes this.
    10-01-16 05:19 PM

Um...

https://www.rt.com/business/200875-l...torola-mobile/
    10-01-16 05:23 PM
    Plus in many markets they already sell phones under the Lenovo name and have done so for a way. Quite a few people import them into the UK.
    10-01-16 05:25 PM
    I know I'll be thought of as crazy when I say Apple. By the looks of the mercury, it looks like an iPhone 7 with a keyboard. That would turn the phone world upside down.
    Anyway just spit balling.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    10-01-16 05:27 PM

Lenovo has been selling phones for years.

10-01-16 06:00 PM
    Sadly the licence won't be free.

Or are you a secret billionaire searching for a project to stave off boredom?
    Maybe a billionaire with aspirations of becoming a millionaire? BB10 could certainly help with that.
    JeepBB and StephanieMaks like this.
    10-01-16 07:45 PM
    It would be interesting if Mike L and backers licensed an Android BlackBerry.
    10-01-16 07:56 PM
    Kam, you might start your own thread. This thread concerns the viability of a BlackBerry Android license keyboard or skin.
    10-01-16 09:07 PM
    It would be interesting if Mike L and backers licensed an Android BlackBerry.
    MikeL's arrogance alone would rule that out.

It would be tantamount to admitting he was wrong to have bet the farm on BB10 instead of switching to Android way back when.

MikeL doesn't do "wrong".
    10-02-16 02:58 AM
    This thread concerns the viability of a BlackBerry Android license keyboard or skin.
    All you bright folks... Take note....

Thread re opened.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 Phone
    Last edited by zocster; 10-02-16 at 03:54 AM.
    10-02-16 03:33 AM
    Thanks I think I missed that article back then. However if you read what I wrote you wouldn't have responded this way.

10-02-16 01:32 PM
    Maybe we CB users should pitch in some money and make our own BlackBerry phones! Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 03:00 PM
    There isn't going to be a north American licensee.

There may not be any, period.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 05:57 AM
    Maybe we CB users should pitch in some money and make our own BlackBerry phones! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Start a petition. I'm in.

Babbu maan's fan on Crack berry.
    10-06-16 09:13 AM
    Only problem with this scenario is with BB10 there is no Google Play store. No Google Play store = no first tier Android apps

*sigh*

So many people completely overlook the Amazon Appstore. Maybe it's a U.S. thing.

BB10 has a runtime that can be improved to the point where it could run 'first tier' Android apps, just not Google ones.
    10-06-16 09:20 AM
    *sigh*

So many people completely overlook the Amazon Appstore. Maybe it's a U.S. thing.

BB10 has a runtime that can be improved to the point where it could run 'first tier' Android apps, just not Google ones.
    They don't overlook the Amazon store, they dismiss it as being a pale shadow of the GPS. And they have a point.

The runtime in BB10 won't be improved by BB. They have stopped BB10 development and have explicitly stated that the current runtime will remain as it is. I suppose it is possible that an external party could update the runtime, but why would they? If they wanted a phone that could reliably run all Android apps... they'd build an Android phone surely? And, if they already build Android phones, they'll feel the wrath of Google if they release a BB10 phone with a runtime.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-06-16 09:44 AM
    They don't overlook the Amazon store, they dismiss it as being a pale shadow of the GPS. And they have a point.

The runtime in BB10 won't be improved by BB. They have stopped BB10 development and have explicitly stated that the current runtime will remain as it is. I suppose it is possible that an external party could update the runtime, but why would they? If they wanted a phone that could reliably run all Android apps... they'd build an Android phone surely?
    A third party can develop the runtime.

Snap can be used if you really need to have 'the Google'.
    10-06-16 09:47 AM
58 123