I cannot see any of the main players wanting to go for a license - maybe someone like Blu? or is there another low-end player who might want it?
    09-28-16 04:19 PM
    Ah so it has started

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    cgk likes this.
    09-28-16 04:21 PM
    Samsung will be producing something shortly.(opinion) The partnership with them is some sort of hint. The trade off probably will be the security with Tizen in their Samsung offering.

Posted via CB10
    Bratza likes this.
    09-28-16 04:59 PM
    I can see Samsung as a partner especially after their problems with exploding phones... At least that's what I wish for.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 07:40 PM
    09-28-16 07:43 PM
    I would love to re create some old school phones with the pkb. Do a priv but the pkb comes out width wise instead of length. That would be neat

Posted via CB10
    blackmass likes this.
    09-28-16 10:47 PM
    Samsung should invest in BlackBerry 10 OS instead of tizen.That will give their phones a fluid intuitive user experience and they can win a lot of iPhone users.

Just imagine a note 8 ir S8 with BlackBerry 10 OS with lots of android apps support. It's gonna be a winner.

Sent from Passport
    09-28-16 11:46 PM
    No one cares anymore!

Not even most loyal fans.

Let them deliver washing machines with their super-secure IoT-software, that you get an encrypted alert to your Android device when washing is done!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 11:53 PM
    Samsung should invest in BlackBerry 10 OS instead of tizen.That will give their phones a fluid intuitive user experience and they can win a lot of iPhone users.

Just imagine a note 8 ir S8 with BlackBerry 10 OS with lots of android apps support. It's gonna be a winner.

Sent from Passport
    At least Samsung would be able to deliver decent hardware and marketing.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 11:54 PM

Sent from Passport
    After the merger of Bada into tizen & releasing a few tizen phones in Asia, I find it highly unlikely for Samsung to switch to a diff os instead of their inhouse one. A more likely player for bb10 investing cud be Sony.
    On a personal level I wud want 2 c oneplus as a partner, for their "flagship killer" hardware at half the price
    Last edited by blackmass; 09-29-16 at 12:33 AM.
    09-29-16 12:15 AM
    A more likely player for bb10 investing cud be Sony.
    Not even BB believes that anyone is interested in licensing BB10. Heins spent 18 months trying to find someone to do so, and came up empty - and that was BEFORE BB10 failed in the marketplace and nearly killed the entire company. Why would anyone pay for the privilege of repeating that experience?
    09-29-16 12:29 AM

Sent from Passport
    Only problem with this scenario is with BB10 there is no Google Play store. No Google Play store = no first tier Android apps which means no one would purchase this device. It's the same reason BB10 never gained any market share in the first place. In order to sell Android devices running Google services you need to sign onto the OHA otherwise you will end up like Amazon with their DOA Fire Phone.

09-29-16 02:28 AM
    I'll do it.
    Sadly the licence won't be free.

Or are you a secret billionaire searching for a project to stave off boredom?
    donnation likes this.
    09-29-16 02:46 AM
    I can see Samsung as a partner especially after their problems with exploding phones... At least that's what I wish for.

Posted via CB10
    How does changing your OS or releasing a competing one solve a problem cause by installing cheap Chinese batteries in your hardware?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 07:57 AM
    Only problem with this scenario is with BB10 there is no Google Play store. No Google Play store = no first tier Android apps which means no one would purchase this device. It's the same reason BB10 never gained any market share in the first place. In order to sell Android devices running Google services you need to sign onto the OHA otherwise you will end up like Amazon with their DOA Fire Phone.

Workarounds r in the works. Some won't b acceptable to the Americans, but an acceptable one in being tried. Even Cobalt is following it. - microG

09-29-16 08:32 AM
    There is some Canadian company call RIM (or something like that) - they may be interested.
    09-29-16 08:36 AM
    Lol why are people talking about licensing bb10, that os is dead folks.

It would be BlackBerry android that would be up for licensing and I don't know who would actually take it up. As the BlackBerry brand is also dead to consumers.

Yes their software is incredible and yes I believe their android version is the best out there, but people seem to be content with mediocre skins like touchwiz so there you go...

#workwide #OG Black
    09-29-16 08:38 AM
    I would love to re create some old school phones with the pkb. Do a priv but the pkb comes out width wise instead of length. That would be neat

Posted via CB10
    A landscape slider is is just a terrible idea.
    09-29-16 08:49 AM
    You know all those people who has so much money to burn to buy 6 Passports should team up to crowdfund a new BB10 phone since they love it so much, and BlackBerry's selling whatever they can. Then they can finally get 10.3.3 on it.
    blackmass likes this.
    09-29-16 08:56 AM
    Maybe Lenovo can try again?
    09-29-16 08:59 AM

It's why amazons phone went to crap too

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    09-29-16 09:16 AM
    Maybe Lenovo can try again?
    Believe it or not, I always thought the Priv is just a trackpoint away to become a ThinkPad phone. Tiny optical dot in between GHVB and acts as a mouse.
    ardakca likes this.
    09-29-16 09:27 AM
    You know all those people who has so much money to burn to buy 6 Passports should team up to crowdfund a new BB10 phone since they love it so much, and BlackBerry's selling whatever they can. Then they can finally get 10.3.3 on it.
    I find ur comment very rational, as far as ppl buying 6 passports is considered. U never know if they wud even b supported on future networks/ updated/ etc.
    but asking em to crowdfund a device is a far cry - It's their money, they decide how to burn it.
    09-29-16 10:27 AM
    Rather than investing in an OS like BB10, it's more likely the more successful and ambitious Android makers will put that money in their own custom SOCs and other such specific hardware to put in various devices. IOT requires more than handsets.
    09-30-16 07:59 AM
    Not even BB believes that anyone is interested in licensing BB10. Heins spent 18 months trying to find someone to do so, and came up empty - and that was BEFORE BB10 failed in the marketplace and nearly killed the entire company. Why would anyone pay for the privilege of repeating that experience?
    I don't know where you got that information that Heins was trying to license out BlackBerry 10. If he truly did and was asking for a huge fee for it then he would have done a great disservice to BlackBerry.

The main idea is to licence the BlackBerry 10 to oem manufacturers for a minimum fee or for free. Then it will make huge money from app sales.

09-30-16 12:17 PM
58 123