View Poll Results: Do you own or have hands on experience with BB10 and thevZ10?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I bought/ow the new BB 10 phone

63 64.29%
  • I've only messed around with a demo/friends BB10 device

11 11.22%
  • No, I donot own a BB10 phone and I have not used one myself

22 22.45%
  • I had a Dev Device, but I donot own or havent used the final released phone and OS

2 2.04%
    I now have my Z10 in my hot little hands and to say I am pleased with it would be an understatement. This is the way all smart phones should have been, to bad they missed out, now it is Blackberry's turn to show the way.
    02-09-13 09:08 PM
    Well, my spouse and I got it on the 5th, and save a few things here and there, we love it. The keyboard is awesome, the Os is swift, the browser is very fast, and the great thing is that it's only going to get better. Wait, my spouse is waiting for me upstairs, but I might just start feeling the onset of a headache (can't put the phone down for any reason whatsoever )

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 09:18 PM
    Yes I have this phone. Coming from 9780 keyboard and unsure of touch screen I can say that it is amazing. I've have no problem telling anyone how smooth and fluent this phone is. The keyboard rocks. The browser kicks and I can't put this phone down.

02-09-13 09:27 PM
    Have one, good phone.
    02-09-13 09:34 PM
    Got mine on launch day in Canada. Switched from my iPhone 5.

The keyboard is amazing. I have tried various android keyboards and Windows Phone keyboards and I've disliked them all. I found that I couldn't type as fast on them as I could on an iPhone. The Z10 keyboard however is very slick and I can type almost as fast as my iPhone right out of the box so it can only get better.

The OS overall is a nice change from iOS and Android. The hub is an interesting and quite handy feature. I've found a few quirks and bugs already but it is a brand new OS. Let's just hope OS releases are more rapid than the older BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry doesn't leave it up to carriers to release the updates.

Still have my iPhone as u paid full price for it and there are a few apps that I use regularily that are not on BlackBerry 10. That, and I still find that there is no better music player than an iPod / iPhone. I'm pretty entrenched in that ecosystem.

I find the battery life to be a bit shorter than I care for. Heavy use or not. Hopefully some further optimization can be made to the OS to improve battery life.

Overall quite impressed with the phone!

02-09-13 09:44 PM
    I have a Z10 and think it's great.
    That's all I have to say about that.

02-09-13 09:48 PM
    I have mine just over 24 hours now. It is definitely different from my BlackBerry 9700 but I'm not about to throw in the towel yet. I will stick with it and make it work for me!

02-09-13 09:58 PM
    Got a Z10 on launch day, overall it's fantastic. By far the best touchscreen keyboard available, the apps limited as expected on a new OS but new ones coming in by the day, this new Crackberry app shows how good native Cascade apps can be. Android apps run surprisingly well and far better than on the playbook. Battery life could be better but I noticed a big difference turning off LTE at home (I don't get it here anyway) and also turned off "Allow Gestures when Locked" - right now at 55% after 8 hrs of moderate use.

FedoraForMe likes this.
    02-09-13 10:26 PM
    [QUOTE=Morpheus;7957658]I had a coworker tell me today that Droid was dominating and that iOS and BlackBerry are dead...that BB10 is just a sad last ditch effort to stay in the market...I laughed and asked if he had anti-virus on his droid...he said yeah...."point proven"...

wish I could upgrade to a Z10...[/QUOTE

Your turn is coming...not long now.
    02-09-13 10:30 PM
    I've had the phone for ten days now and love each moment of it. The hub is wonderful, the keyboard is awesome, the phone itself is not too big and not too bulky. It's a good size for a phone. I just love the way that all I have to do is flick the words and don't have to type is just awesome.

02-09-13 11:09 PM
    My miss, only four days, not ten

02-09-13 11:10 PM
    I too bought my Z10 on Tuesday here in Canada. This is honestly the best phone out there. It just does everything you want a phone to do these days. It has all the "moderness " people expect and at the same time offering everything we loved about BlackBerry but on steroids.

And as for lack of apps the haters keep preaching about, honestly it doesn't bother me one bit. I know they will come. But does it really matter when u have this browser that's just blazing fast!!? You won't care in the end.

02-10-13 01:43 AM
    Launch day. Rogers reserved #164

02-10-13 02:02 AM
    Girlfriend and I haven't put ours down since we got them. Absolutely love the z10 the OS runs beautifully with couple minor bugs but to be expected of a brand new platform.

02-10-13 10:58 AM
    I have a Dev Alpha A with the pretty-much-complete bootloader, and my wife upgraded to a Z10.

I am very impressed with it. Only really significant bug we've seen so far is that the calendar crashed on her repeatedly (>5 times) when she tried to create a new appointment then change the time on it.

I have no reservations about recommending it to certain specific users. Anyone who doesn't have "dealbreaker" apps on Android or iOS, and is aware that BB10 doesn't do certain things that "old-school" BBOS does. Even accounting for these two groups, there's still a considerable potential customer base.

I'm not migrating yet. I have a couple of apps on my 9900 that haven't been released on BB10 yet, and I'm supposed to be getting the Dev Alpha trade-in. I suspect by then there should be some interesting app announcements ahead of the US launch.
    I have the same issue with the calender, trick is to create the event first then save and add the time after.

02-10-13 11:02 AM
    I just switched from an iphone to get z10 and I have no regrets. The new Bb10 is amazing. The hub, the keyboard, peek and flow are all great features that make the switch well worth it for any one sitting on the fence

02-10-13 11:08 AM
    I have a Dev Alpha A with the pretty-much-complete bootloader, and my wife upgraded to a Z10.

I am very impressed with it. Only really significant bug we've seen so far is that the calendar crashed on her repeatedly (>5 times) when she tried to create a new appointment then change the time on it.

I have no reservations about recommending it to certain specific users. Anyone who doesn't have "dealbreaker" apps on Android or iOS, and is aware that BB10 doesn't do certain things that "old-school" BBOS does. Even accounting for these two groups, there's still a considerable potential customer base.

I'm not migrating yet. I have a couple of apps on my 9900 that haven't been released on BB10 yet, and I'm supposed to be getting the Dev Alpha trade-in. I suspect by then there should be some interesting app announcements ahead of the US launch.

Today was my first time trying to add an appointment in the calendar, im having the same issue. Just wondering, does she have google calendar as the default?
    02-10-13 11:13 AM
    I just switched from an iphone to get z10 and I have no regrets. The new Bb10 is amazing. The hub, the keyboard, peek and flow are all great features that make the switch well worth it for any one sitting on the fence

Agreed. I switched from the iphone 4 last Tues. ZERO regrets.
    02-10-13 11:15 AM
    I loved the white Z10, but I think I'll be holding out for an even better looking phone. I'm not a big fan of the Q10s either; the back of my Bold 9930 is much more attractive.
    02-10-13 11:34 AM
    No z10. But just waiting the release in my country to get one!
    02-10-13 11:53 AM
    Can't say enough about my Z10!
    I think a lot of complaining / concern is due to the fact that expectations are so high - the 2 year wait.
    Really, just a form of post-orgasmic depression. It is a brand -new platform. There are always some bugs. Realistically, Android. Is only now post-beta. Apple is mature and still has bugs -but really, apple doesn't need bugs in to be awful (IMHO) .
    2 years is a long wait when you know it's coming. - but not a long time in which to build a platform.
    Under Thorsten I believe we will see continuous improvement.
    We all want perfection.
    What we got is great.

#BB10Believe
    02-10-13 01:03 PM
    I like my Z10, as for lack of apps. I've got what I need,so that does for me

02-10-13 01:47 PM
    Yes I have one and yes its amazing and yes it has some tweaking to be done but the benefits far outweigh the few things that remain outstanding.

02-10-13 03:29 PM
    Today was my first time trying to add an appointment in the calendar, im having the same issue. Just wondering, does she have google calendar as the default?
    She does, and the intriguing thing is that last night we tried to duplicate the error and couldn't. Seems to have been resolved in the background somewhere.
    02-10-13 03:32 PM
    My only complaint is how slippery the white version is, you have to get used to it. Also, after I enabled the pop up keys on the keyboard, it was perfect. In all sincerity, the phone is up par with Android and iOS, but it seems just as functional as android (due to the latest 4.2.1) but better then iOS. If you're looking for something straight forward and fast to use, get the z10. So far, I haven't had any crashes or lag!
    02-10-13 03:34 PM
51 123