View Poll Results: jumping ship to iphone 5 out of impatience?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, the BB10 delay made that decision for me

24 16.44%
  • No, its only a few more months, i can wait

122 83.56%
    I thought i'd wait for blackberry 10 for the past few months but unfortunately apple got my money first. i'd like to know how many people jumped ship today/tomorrow to iphone 5 simply because of RIMS delay till next year. i know it seems silly but for some people such as myself it is FIRST IN FIRST SERVE and apple got to me first
    09-21-12 01:37 AM
    Not me. I'm a bit irritated that some of the features of iOS 6 wont work on my iPhone4. I've also decided not to "upgrade" to iOS6 so that I can still use Google Maps instead of Apple's Map app. I'm liking iOS less and less and will consider BB10 or WinPhone8 next year when my contract is up.
    Balti43, morganplus8 and kemj like this.
    09-21-12 01:45 AM
    Nah i think I can hold off till January for BB10. I'm not going to lie I was looking forward to the iPhone5 to see if I would get it but i wasn't impressed rather spend my money on something I want instead of on something that's too overpriced for what its worth.
    09-21-12 02:31 AM
    Heck no!! Although, I was toying with the idea. Here is my story: I am self-employed and I deal with a lot of e-mails and spend a lot of time talking on my phone. My Bold is like my own personal, portable office.
    I went through a 3-4 week period where things were slow. After being go, go, go for so long, I think I was bored. When I stopped at a coffee shop I would normally be firing off a couple of e-mails or catching up on paper work, but in this slower time I found myself surfing the web or playing games on my phone. In short, I found myself yearning for a bit of a switch, a change - something new.
    I thought about getting the SIII or iphone, but I could not justify the expense simply due to my temporary ADD. But, the thought of a phone with a bigger screen and more time wasting capabilities did catch my fancy.
    In any event, business has picked up again and I am back to my normal busy self and I am back to absolutely loving my 9900.
    Just Me, phylez and bb624 like this.
    09-21-12 03:03 AM
    Firstly, I wasn't all that impressed with the new iPhone 5. Secondly, I'm holding out until my contract ends before upgrading so I can see how BB10 turns out, unless my trusty 9700 packs it in or I get sick of it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    09-21-12 03:13 AM
    I was looking forward to the iphone 5 when they announced it. But when I had a hands on with it today, I wasn't really total impress with it. Most probably I will stick with my blackberry and wait till bb10 is out.

Once a berry always berry fan.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Sager-Naji and bb624 like this.
    09-21-12 03:19 AM
    It was the same phone they should have come up with last year, so, no, I'm happy waiting for BB10, thank you.
    09-21-12 03:21 AM
    The whole iphone thing is getting old I think! I'm happy wiht what I have until BB10 arrives. Then its upgrade time.
    09-21-12 03:29 AM
    If my trusty curve can hold on for a couple more months, then it will be BB10. The phone still does almost everything I want, and for the games I have my playbook.
    If he dies before BB10 comes out, then I have a problem and don't know what I will buy.
    09-21-12 03:36 AM
    No chance of me jumping ship at this point, in fact we're so close to BB10, I think I'd find/buy a used BlackBerry until then.
    09-21-12 04:56 AM
    Other way around: going to switch from Iphone to BB10.
    09-21-12 05:10 AM
    Heck no!! Although, I was toying with the idea. Here is my story: I am self-employed and I deal with a lot of e-mails and spend a lot of time talking on my phone. My Bold is like my own personal, portable office.
    I went through a 3-4 week period where things were slow. After being go, go, go for so long, I think I was bored. When I stopped at a coffee shop I would normally be firing off a couple of e-mails or catching up on paper work, but in this slower time I found myself surfing the web or playing games on my phone. In short, I found myself yearning for a bit of a switch, a change - something new.
    I thought about getting the SIII or iphone, but I could not justify the expense simply due to my temporary ADD. But, the thought of a phone with a bigger screen and more time wasting capabilities did catch my fancy.
    In any event, business has picked up again and I am back to my normal busy self and I am back to absolutely loving my 9900.
    Lots of commonality between us. I too have gotten tempted at times, by the big screen on the otherside, but when i think rationally, I can figure out that BB is the best for me, to use as a phone and next as an emailing device. The newness of Apps wears out in a month or two and after that the phone is used for making calls, receiving emails and BB is really good at that.
    Last edited by ritesh; 09-21-12 at 05:14 AM.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    09-21-12 05:11 AM
    Dude, the os 7 has got me content until bb10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.569 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    bdguru, bb624 and shemaree09 like this.
    09-21-12 05:13 AM
    Not me, there should have been a third option. Jumped ship for another brand. As I mentioned in another thread, I got to a point in my usage patterns that no longer actually benefited in using a BB so I jumped on the Android band wagon. I really love my choice now. I thought I would miss the physical keyboard, but I was wrong. I truly respect those hanging on for BB10 and I patiently wait to actually see RIM make a comeback. I hope they rock the market and reach new heights. I have no bitter feelings of RIM.
    Stewartj1 and Syrous44 like this.
    09-21-12 06:08 AM
    Agree with MobileMadness, should have been a third option. Although I left back in the days of OS6, and went on the Android bandwagon (which I didn't find useful on a phone, on a tablet is a whole different story though), and then onto the Windows Phone bandwagon.
    09-21-12 07:45 AM
    I've never been a big fan of iPhone or Apple, so I'll wait until 2014 if I have to.
    09-21-12 07:56 AM
    im going to keep waiting until at least december to be sure bb10 is coming either jan or feb. however if there's another delay then i might have to start looking at wp8 or even iphone5. i personally dont like android at all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-21-12 08:03 AM
    I did.

I just can't keep waiting for RIM to release something that should have been out when the 9900 was released.
    As honestly, the 9780 was even still behind the competition. And I had to use a 9650!

Shame really as I will miss the keyboard, LED, and the unified inbox. But I don't have any BBM friends left and I am happy with the new iPhone.

I really don't see why a BlackBerry is so "addictive". Days of just email on the move are long gone. The iPhone has absolutely everything! I love mine! I'm much more addicted to that than I ever was to the BlackBerry.

Bye Bye BlackBerry. Thanks for everything along the way!
    09-21-12 08:59 AM
    I was starting to be a little bit bored last month. I'm still on contract, couldn't justify getting a new phone and I knew I would miss my physical keyboard if I jumped ship. Was actually considering getting another phone so I could switch between my BB and it, just for some variety. Then I decided I'm waiting for BB10 anyway, may as well spend my money on something I'm going to use for longer than a year.

So I went out and bought a PS3 and cured my need a new device itch.

All is well now.
    09-21-12 05:00 PM
    I was forced to switch to an iPhone4 for work. Have had it for a week, and I don't see what all the fuss is about. As someone who's only had BB's, I find myself struggling to do simple things like close out of a message, switching between applications, using the calendar, and even answering calls. The battery life is HORRIBLE, especially with the 3rd party software we use. I do not know how my team is going to do their jobs the expected way, as I had to charge my phone after half a day using the software. Guess my guys are going to have to get used to carrying a charger with them or else they won't get through a normal work day.

Thank goodness I still have my Torch for my personal phone. No question now that my next personal phone will be a BB...with a keyboard.
    09-21-12 05:15 PM
    I was forced to switch to an iPhone4 for work. Have had it for a week, and I don't see what all the fuss is about. As someone who's only had BB's, I find myself struggling to do simple things like close out of a message, switching between applications, using the calendar, and even answering calls. The battery life is HORRIBLE, especially with the 3rd party software we use. I do not know how my team is going to do their jobs the expected way, as I had to charge my phone after half a day using the software. Guess my guys are going to have to get used to carrying a charger with them or else they won't get through a normal work day.

Thank goodness I still have my Torch for my personal phone. No question now that my next personal phone will be a BB...with a keyboard.
    Most of the things you struggle with now, you will get used to. That how new stuff works. Usually battery life settles down as you adjust to a new device as well. How much you like it will vary greatly if you go into it with a good attitude or a bad one.
    09-21-12 05:27 PM
    I did.

I just can't keep waiting for RIM to release something that should have been out when the 9900 was released.
    As honestly, the 9780 was even still behind the competition. And I had to use a 9650!

Shame really as I will miss the keyboard, LED, and the unified inbox. But I don't have any BBM friends left and I am happy with the new iPhone.

I really don't see why a BlackBerry is so "addictive". Days of just email on the move are long gone. The iPhone has absolutely everything! I love mine! I'm much more addicted to that than I ever was to the BlackBerry.

Bye Bye BlackBerry. Thanks for everything along the way!
    How do you become addicted in less than 12 hours of their release?
    Last edited by bungaboy; 09-21-12 at 09:04 PM.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    09-21-12 06:05 PM
    My boss got in line at 4am today for an iCrap5. He was one of the unlucky ones who got one. He didn't know how to setup his work email account so he asked me to do it. I can say without a doubt it's not worth all the money people paid.

Keypad is too small. Took me 10x longer to setup his email on the iCrap5 then on any BlackBerry.

I thanked him for letting me get my hands on it. If there was a minuscule chance of me getting one it's gone.

Sent from my BB 9900 with BL 7.1 Ultimate Hybrid RC6A1 over .658
    Just Me likes this.
    09-21-12 06:07 PM
    No intention to switch. A while back, I thought about it, as everyone around me was switching and trying to sell me on all the great stuff that the iPhone would offer me and how horrible my BlackBerry is. It was my backup even. Now even they are starting to show some fatigue as the shininess has worn off and they realize its just a tool for them to use day to day and the newest iPhone has done little to entice them to keep with it unless they had older ones.

I will hold out for BB10. My upgrade is in January though I may just wait till the end of my contract like originally planned and buy the thing outright and go to another carrier.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    09-21-12 06:40 PM
    Will be holding out on BB10 first before looking into other phones.
    09-21-12 08:58 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD