Dude, why even do this to yourself?
    02-01-13 05:18 PM
    Not looking for a fight just making an observation.

Also, I would never say it was all Americans, that would be untrue.

And, if Australia had to wait -often happens btw - I wouldn't care, not even a little bit.
    your observation is wrong;
    people are disappointed;
    thats it, thats all...........
    richardat and cdicesare2002 like this.
    02-01-13 05:19 PM
    If America is not the center of the universe then why did they have the main launch here?
    02-01-13 05:22 PM
    I totally understand this. And I would be upset also... but the reality of the situation is that other countries usually get shafted MUCH worse. netflix canada... Amazon Paperwhite just got released in Canada a week ago or something. Pandora... still nothing. Yes, Canada has 1/10th the population of the US and is a smaller market... but we wait. We waited all these times and WE DIDNT COMPLAIN when A CANADIAN COMPANY released its brand new devices to the UK a week before it did to us.

I would hate to wait as well... but what is being angry or upset going to solve?
    Contact your providers and let them know that they are idiots for making you wait. I dont understand how this can be a problem with BB if UK and Canada are getting it when promised.

I dont want this to turn into a flame session or a bash fest... but, there really is nothing that can be said to justify such hatred of BB on a month delay when every other country goes through this with almost every other company in the world EVERY SINGLE launch.
    If you live in a place where the typical routine is having to wait, then you get used to it. You over there even come to expect it. If it happened in America all the time then the mood would be the same here. We're all humans and mostly all react to things in the same way.

But it's one thing if you expect a dog to chew up your furniture,and it's another if it happens when it's never happened before and you didn't think it ever would. So you people need to stop acting like it's a parallel argument when you are used to waiting and always plan accordingly. They could even have just said sometime in February and the uproar would have been minimal. Sometime in March just went past everybody's most lenient expectations.
    m0de25 likes this.
    02-01-13 05:23 PM
    It's cause us Americans are more passionate about our BlackBerries.
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    02-01-13 05:28 PM
    We just elected as President the Entitlement King! what do you expect from us!!!

Edit: to be fair only about half of us feel we are entitled.
    ctuffy likes this.
    02-01-13 05:34 PM
    Two words: Back to back World War champs. /thread
    ummie4 and cdicesare2002 like this.
    02-01-13 05:37 PM
    Moderators??????? hello, anyone home.....
    vespajet likes this.
    02-01-13 05:40 PM
    If America is not the center of the universe then why did they have the main launch here?
    You aren't serious...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    02-01-13 05:43 PM
    Two words: Back to back World War champs. /thread
    OK. You know that was 8 words though, right?
    02-01-13 05:44 PM
    Moderators??????? hello, anyone home.....
    What's to moderate? Did I break a rule? Are you so threatened by differing points of view?
    02-01-13 05:48 PM
    charming.

If you read my post then you know that I referred to US Blackberry fans - not the population of the US in its entireity. But whatever gets you excited mate.
    Well, maybe you should not have titled the thread:
    "So, what's with the rampant American sense of self-entitlement?" eh mate? Pretty much sounds to me like a general statement about all Americans.
    Maybe you just felt like tweaking the collective noses of Americans. Actually, I've always felt that Aussies were a lot like Americans in their attitudes. Of course, I don't mean that as an insult.
    Last edited by shaleem; 02-01-13 at 08:45 PM. Reason: clarity and spelling
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-01-13 05:56 PM
    Yes, I'm sick that I have to wait another 6 weeks as an American. But more important to me is that Blackberry succeed. A delayed launch in the US will hurt BB. I have been singing the BB10 tune everywhere I go! Sometimes I feel Blackberry should pay my salary instead of my employer. I'm tired of the Iphone fans and android fans expressing their unwanted sympathy that I am a BB fan. I wanted a successfull launch for all of us, not the US! To listen to negativity is making me sick....was so hoping not for this to happen. Tired of BB bashing by US media. IMHO a global launch would of been mind blowing!
    BB10less in America
    blkitr and lynxs_claw like this.
    02-01-13 06:13 PM
    Yes, I'm sick that I have to wait another 6 weeks as an American. But more important to me is that Blackberry succeed. A delayed launch in the US will hurt BB. I have been singing the BB10 tune everywhere I go! Sometimes I feel Blackberry should pay my salary instead of my employer. I'm tired of the Iphone fans and android fans expressing their unwanted sympathy that I am a BB fan. I wanted a successfull launch for all of us, not the US! To listen to negativity is making me sick....was so hoping not for this to happen. Tired of BB bashing by US media. IMHO a global launch would of been mind blowing!
    BB10less in America
    I agree. Global launch would have been much better. I'm of the believe that no one should have been first, or last.
    02-01-13 06:16 PM
    if I was one of my american buddys I would be pissed it wouldent be about not getting it first and eny other B.S like that its about having to wait another month. its wortj waiting for 100 percent but rememmber its the carriers not blackberry you have to blame if it was BB choice it can and would be out already. from what I heard BB is doing there best to help as much as they can to get it out in the usa bb loves you keep loving them
    02-01-13 06:27 PM
    To comment on the belief of the 30th being the launch date, it was, FOR THE INTRODUCTION OF THE OS!!!!! Never was the 30th the day the phones were to be released. It was the day to mention the other features of the OS and introduce the final product to the world. It was also the day to find out WHEN the phones with the OS were to be released!!! If you expected something different on the 30th then you did not research enough to find out the whole story!!! I knew since December the 30th was the day to talk about when it was coming, not launching!!! So believing that and being pissed off at Blackberry is your own problem. They did nothing wrong.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-01-13 06:51 PM
    thatsthejoke.jpg
    OK. You know that was 8 words though, right?
    02-01-13 06:59 PM
    I agree. Global launch would have been much better. I'm of the believe that no one should have been first, or last.
    Not even Apple could pull that off. But, in saying that, the choice of first "wave" countries does appear somewhat strange. Just 3 months ago, Thorsten Heins told the media that Australia was a "absolute focus market" and "top priority". It seems he said that to everyone he met no matter what the country.
    02-01-13 07:03 PM
    Well, Blackberry made the choice not to release in US at the same time as everyone else. Of course they deserve the bad press.
    02-01-13 07:11 PM
    Well, Blackberry made the choice not to release in US at the same time as everyone else. Of course they deserve the bad press.
    Who made the choice. Do have a link that states that BlackBerry choose to not to?
    shaleem likes this.
    02-01-13 07:25 PM
    I'm sure I'll be flamed for this but thats fine.

I have been amused/horrified by the reactions of a lot of US Blackberry 'fans' in the wake of the BB10 launch.

So, you have to wait a couple of weeks for a mobile phone and the world ends? I mean c'mon. Just because you live in the US, that doesn't make you the center of the universe. The idea that americans should get things first sort of insulting to the other 6-7 billion of us. And, BTW the argument about the importance of the US market is silly. BlackBerry has been a virtual non-factor in the US for a while now. Their biggest markets are in other countries. So, it makes sense that they might want to hit those markets first, doesn't it?

Now, I have no problem with Americans. I have quite a few dear friends in the US. My personal belief is that it really should have been a global launch. But it wasn't, and pitching a fit over it like spoiled toddlers wont change it.
    First off, your an American too. A North American just like us.

Yes, we might be a slight bit spoiled but then we have 5 times the market size the UK has and
    it would say it safe to say that the U.S. market size might be a little bigger then most.

It stung, its seems to be getting more messed up as it goes with U.S. carriers blaming BB and BB blaming Verizon
    and I hate to see nationality being tossed into it.

I do respect your right to say what you are saying and it was well said and taken.

Tim
    02-01-13 07:36 PM
    The irony of a citizen from a country that began as a penal colony commenting on another countries citizens behavior.

Everyone I know is jacked because its still 2 months out (end of March). Even if UK and Canada werent getting it until March - I would still be disappointed.
    02-01-13 07:37 PM
    First off, your an American too. A North American just like us.

Yes, we might be a slight bit spoiled but then we have 5 times the market size the UK has and
    it would say it safe to say that the U.S. market size might be a little bigger then most.

It stung, its seems to be getting more messed up as it goes with U.S. carriers blaming BB and BB blaming Verizon
    and I hate to see nationality being tossed into it.

I do respect your right to say what you are saying and it was well said and taken.

Tim
    Thanks.

I said I'm Australian though.
    02-01-13 07:42 PM
    A lot of the frustration is being displayed because the American Stock Market has a certain "self-entitlement" attitude that has caused the stock to nose dive because of it not being released any time soon after Jan. 30th. Many of us Americans have been waiting with BB 06 phones for this release. So the 2 yr wait and the drastic drop in our stock has created a lot of frustration. It is not that we feel we (BB users) are more important but the realization that in the financial world the US is still considered a major player. I have not read one post by an American who directed a complaint toward a fellow BB purchaser located in another country. The complaints have been directed toward BB and the US carriers.
    02-01-13 07:55 PM
    So this post struck me as very similiar to some one who posts a racist statements and then claims it is not racist because they have friends that are of that race. As evidence put thse phrases back to back
    "So, what's with the rampant American sense of self-entitlement?"
    "Now, I have no problem with Americans. I have quite a few dear friends in the US."
    So the question is are Americans "spoiled toddlers " or do you have no problem with them?
    Why would you even make this comment?
    Did it achieve your goal?

BCB
    pete6032 likes this.
    02-01-13 07:58 PM
107 1234 ...