I'm sure I'll be flamed for this but thats fine.

I have been amused/horrified by the reactions of a lot of US Blackberry 'fans' in the wake of the BB10 launch.

So, you have to wait a couple of weeks for a mobile phone and the world ends? I mean c'mon. Just because you live in the US, that doesn't make you the center of the universe. The idea that americans should get things first sort of insulting to the other 6-7 billion of us. And, BTW the argument about the importance of the US market is silly. BlackBerry has been a virtual non-factor in the US for a while now. Their biggest markets are in other countries. So, it makes sense that they might want to hit those markets first, doesn't it?

Now, I have no problem with Americans. I have quite a few dear friends in the US. My personal belief is that it really should have been a global launch. But it wasn't, and pitching a fit over it like spoiled toddlers wont change it.
    02-01-13 04:30 PM
    Hey, it's not just Americans. Actually I think they're entitled to be miffed. I would be if I were them.

And there's a difference to wanting it first or wanting it at the same time as all the other first markets. If your argument is that Blackberry was releasing in its best markets first, you'd be mistaken. South Africa? Latin America? Asia?
    02-01-13 04:32 PM
    'MERICA!

02-01-13 04:34 PM
    Canadians and others commenting about Americans please back the _____ up.................People are upset, very upset...That's it......
    02-01-13 04:47 PM
    BlackBerry has been a virtual non-factor in the US for a while now. Their biggest markets are in other countries.
    And that is unlikely to change the way they are doing things. But hey, why be McDonalds when you can be Wimpy Burgers instead?
    02-01-13 04:49 PM

I have been amused/horrified by the reactions of a lot of US Blackberry 'fans' in the wake of the BB10 launch.

So, you have to wait a couple of weeks for a mobile phone and the world ends? I mean c'mon. Just because you live in the US, that doesn't make you the center of the universe. The idea that americans should get things first sort of insulting to the other 6-7 billion of us. And, BTW the argument about the importance of the US market is silly. BlackBerry has been a virtual non-factor in the US for a while now. Their biggest markets are in other countries. So, it makes sense that they might want to hit those markets first, doesn't it?

Now, I have no problem with Americans. I have quite a few dear friends in the US. My personal belief is that it really should have been a global launch. But it wasn't, and pitching a fit over it like spoiled toddlers wont change it.
    You do realize we're pissed because we're still waiting. Who said anything about getting it 1st? Millions of us we're led to believe the 30th was the day, yet to be slighted by the powers that be. So while you/others sit there playing with the next big thing, we have to sit back and watch. I'd say everyone that wants 1 that doesn't have 1, is well within their right to *****, moan, and groan about not having it. Darn right you're gonna get flamed!!! Hope you have a whole lot of aloe available! You've really got some nerve!
    shaleem, mu4e, TommyBB and 7 others like this.
    02-01-13 04:50 PM
    So basically on a crackberry site full of hardcore users you expect them to be happy to wait another six weeks?

Do you also go to churches and ask "so what's with that God thing?"
    Creaulx, iToya, shaleem and 14 others like this.
    02-01-13 04:52 PM
    You're sure you'll be flamed for making a sweeping stereotype of an entire country and saying that its citizens have self entitilement problems?

You're sure?

You're sure?
    ctuffy, netwerx1, shaleem and 8 others like this.
    02-01-13 04:55 PM
    Lol

Other countries have to wait for pieces of technology all the time. ****, here in Australia we're still waiting for the Kindle Fire and Netflix. Big deal. Get over it. Act like grown ups.

I have no idea when the Z10 will launch here, and I'm not fussed. I have a new phone, the earliest I'll want a new one is next year. But even if I was ready to upgrade, and waiting for it, I wouldn't be crying about it if I had to wait a month.
    02-01-13 04:57 PM
    Who said anything about getting it first? The complaints are all about having to wait until March. Try reviewing the posts. Reading is fundamental.
    02-01-13 04:58 PM

Ok ok first.. no one said anything about getting it first.. I think we all careless about that.. we are upset that the 30th was the official world wide launch.. and there was no date given to us as to availability... It was kinda like being led to believe you were going to be promoted and given a huge raise in salary. They had you fill out a ton of paperwork, they set you up with a meeting with the higher ups, they have cleaned out a new office.... And everybody knows it, its the loudest quietly kept secret.. You wake up on the 30th, you are excited, you put on your best suit.... You get to work and the meeting starts.. they just wanted to tell you how they are considering you for the promotion and raise.... They assure you, you will most definately probably receive the raise and promotion, but they have no clue when.. They give u a broad date of somewhere around 45 days...!!!!
    Yea youd be pissed too
    02-01-13 05:01 PM
    to be honest with you i don't know what "self entitlement" is

you may be reffering to the strong reaction of dissapointment
    we don't NEED to be first
    we don't want to be last either
    but at this point we would settle for a firm date
    or would you rather us go away entirely (check with Thor first)
    TommyBB and lwaysluking like this.
    02-01-13 05:01 PM
    You're sure you'll be flamed for making a sweeping stereotype of an entire country and saying that its citizens have self entitilement problems?

You're sure?

You're sure?

Jackass.
    charming.

If you read my post then you know that I referred to US Blackberry fans - not the population of the US in its entireity. But whatever gets you excited mate.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 05:03 PM
    You do realize we're pissed because we're still waiting.

I totally understand this. And I would be upset also... but the reality of the situation is that other countries usually get shafted MUCH worse. netflix canada... Amazon Paperwhite just got released in Canada a week ago or something. Pandora... still nothing. Yes, Canada has 1/10th the population of the US and is a smaller market... but we wait. We waited all these times and WE DIDNT COMPLAIN when A CANADIAN COMPANY released its brand new devices to the UK a week before it did to us.

I would hate to wait as well... but what is being angry or upset going to solve?
    Contact your providers and let them know that they are idiots for making you wait. I dont understand how this can be a problem with BB if UK and Canada are getting it when promised.

I dont want this to turn into a flame session or a bash fest... but, there really is nothing that can be said to justify such hatred of BB on a month delay when every other country goes through this with almost every other company in the world EVERY SINGLE launch.
    DPanacci likes this.
    02-01-13 05:06 PM
    I am not American, I am a "Crackberrian". So are most us here. As far as I am concerned that is what we have in common - our belief in BlackBerry as our devices of choice. There's a range of feeling beyond that. Some people are mildly engaged, others wildly engaged, still many others somewhere between those two points. So when a group of us - a sizable group I might add - feel hard done by, I understand. It doesn't matter what country they're from because what happens to one could someday happen to us all. That's how I see it. Let's hope the concerns expressed move the carriers along at a quicker pace and get those phones in our fellow "Crackberrians" hands as soon as possible.
    amrovi2014 likes this.
    hahahha this is gonna get ugly!
    charming.

If you read my post then you know that I referred to US Blackberry fans - not the population of the US in its entireity. But whatever gets you excited mate.
    you are just looking for a fight by leveling some false accusation;
    people are disappointed, what is wrong with that?
    02-01-13 05:07 PM
    Spoiled brats. Not all of us but esp the younger generation here are spoiled brats.
    BergerKing and Chaddface like this.
    Would you like to wait for another 6 weeks if american was to get it before you ? We all wait for the same amount of time since the beginning. Now because of some silly reasons from carriers or whichever the side, we can't buy the phone instead sitting their watching others get the joice playing with the beloved phone for 6 more weeks? Put yourself in others shoes before you speak. I'm not america but they are entitled to whine about unfortunate things that happened to them. Even if the US market is not a great place to launch first there are still die hard fans would kill to get their hand on the phone. Btw, I'm taking a trip to vancouver to buy the phone, because I can't wait.
    Excuse us for wanting to support a brand. At the same time as you and the UK. We've all been waiting the same time, we wanted it at the same time. We're pissed cause the carriers have a delayed release. Get over YOURself.
    Creaulx, ctuffy and TommyBB like this.
    02-01-13 05:08 PM
    Please close this thread before its too late.

P.S. its not every American.
    Last edited by walt63; 02-02-13 at 06:24 AM.
    TommyBB and Chaddface like this.
    02-01-13 05:09 PM
    Don't worry, not all Canadians are smug and self-righteous. The only upside to the US delay is all the reviews will be in and there will be more apps to choose from.
    02-01-13 05:14 PM
    So by using the OP's theory, those is the US should have shrugged our shoulders and say "Oh well". That would have been the very worst thing that could have happened for BB.
    02-01-13 05:14 PM
    Not looking for a fight just making an observation.

Also, I would never say it was all Americans, that would be untrue.

And, if Australia had to wait -often happens btw - I wouldn't care, not even a little bit.
    02-01-13 05:17 PM
    Let's not get into this mess. We're all BB fans here and we have all stuck it through criticisms and insults for the past 2 years or so because we all believe and love our BB devices. After waiting for so long, it is only understandable that many will feel upset to be told to wait longer, regardless of what nationality you are. There may be some whose posts are not quite civil but it is better to ignore them. What they say may just be in the heat of the moment and they might not truly intend for the offense.

So instead of throwing stones at each other, let's just enjoy the devices some are fortunate enough to already have and sympathise with those who are still waiting...and patience to those who are waiting. One good side is that more apps will be available and perhaps a good update to fix bugs will come out before the US release, which will make users happier and the experience more enjoyable.
    02-01-13 05:17 PM
107 123 ...