BB10 (based on QNX) was too powerful of an OS to die of natural causes--it was murdered.

Timothius01
    schwede likes this.
    11-14-15 04:48 AM
    At this point, John Chen is telling BB10 how it can tend the rabbits.
    11-14-15 05:07 AM
    At this point, John Chen is telling BB10 how it can tend the rabbits.
    Tell me 'bout the rabbits, thurask. Tell me 'bout dem little rabbits.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 05:10 AM
    If BB10 stops being developed, I will turn to a prehistoric phone. No way I'm gonna use Android or iOS, might take a look at a Windows phone.

CB10 - Passport
    BB10QNX likes this.
    11-14-15 05:55 AM
    If BB10 stops being developed, I will turn to a prehistoric phone. No way I'm gonna use Android or iOS, might take a look at a Windows phone.
    Erm, thanks (I think) for that vote of confidence in WinPhone!

As said by several posters above, BB10 development stopped quite a while ago. It's in a support phase already.
    11-14-15 07:10 AM
    It appears that this transition to Android was Chen's nefarious plan from the beginning of his tenure. I could never understand why BB10 devices were never really advertised or hyped. I never understood why the unique efficiencies of Peek and Flow were never touted. I hate to view the man as a saboteur, but now it makes sense. It's almost as if he set out to ensure that BB10 would fail, so as to make the adoption of Android seem like a necessity.
    BB10 was already failing big-time when Chen took over, and even if Blackberry had focused more efforts on BB10 in the Chen era that wouldn't have changed IMO. That's why Blackberry has focused more on software services. Chen could see the writing on the wall.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-14-15 08:03 AM
    I don't know what to say, disgusted at Chen and co. If this is fact about bb10 on the shelf n stuck with android for a bb pkb.

So is there rumoured new bb10 pkb device?
    11-14-15 08:14 AM
    The remaining Blackberry users were here because of a physical keyboard or privacy...Chen choose poorly and released a couple of physical keyboard devices.. Then he surrendered the privacy oriented market to Blackphone by releasing an android phone that allows data mining while simultaneously calling the Priv an inferior product to Blackphone.. Seriously, who does that?
    BuryLancs likes this.
    11-14-15 08:18 AM
    It will go away...it never caught on which is why BlackBerry has moved to Android. I love BB10 and it is too bad a lot of people never got to experience it. Like everything in life things change so I will move forward eventually with the Priv. One thing is certain as long as BlackBerry makes phones I am in!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 08:18 AM
    Bb10 will continue to get used on any phone this writer has.

Posted via CB10
    Jay Wright2 likes this.
    11-14-15 09:20 AM
    I don't understand the drama about the impending death of an OS that's barely 3 years old. I can understand a little more about BBOS users that used it for over ten years. I've been using Windows for 24 years and if it died tomorrow I couldn't care less as there will always be another platform willing to take my money. I've also moved from Pager to Nokia to Pearl to Android with no remorse in every stage.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    11-14-15 10:18 AM
    I don't understand the drama about the impending death of an OS that's barely 3 years old. I can understand a little more about BBOS users that used it for over ten years. I've been using Windows for 24 years and if it died tomorrow I couldn't care less as there will always be another platform willing to take my money. I've also moved from Pager to Nokia to Pearl to Android with no remorse in every stage.
    This is Crackberry, a web community for BlackBerry enthusiasts.

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    11-14-15 10:42 AM

Whether BB10 has been in existence for three months or three years is not the issue. The issue is whether BB10 is being abandoned for a superior operating system, and It clearly is not! For those who are not sophisticated enough to appreciate the superiority of BB10, there is the Priv (an Android--not a true BlackBerry) and other Androids or other platforms. For those of us who are sophisticated enough to appreciate BB10's superiority as an OS, allow us to lament the loss.

"Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Timothius01
    nevertoofar and crimsonking like this.
    11-14-15 11:14 AM
    Whether BB10 has been in existence for three months or three years is not the issue. The issue is whether BB10 is being abandoned for a superior operating system, and It clearly is not! For those who are not sophisticated enough to appreciate the superiority of BB10, there is the Priv (an Android--not a true BlackBerry) and other Androids or other platforms. For those of us who are sophisticated enough to appreciate BB10's superiority as an OS, allow us to lament the loss.

"Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Timothius01
    Well I guess you go through the same lament of loss when you sell your car or house. As for superiority, that can be said by other platform users multiplied a billion times over.
    11-14-15 11:21 AM
    Well I guess you go through the same lament of loss when you sell your car or house. As for superiority, that can be said by other platform users multiplied a billion times over.
    Were I to sell my car and purchase an inferior one, I would certainly lament the loss. Regarding other platform users, it could be said a billions times over that they're superior, and each time, it would still be a lie.

But at the end of the day, each individual is free to choose among the extent offerings, and each individual is free to regret the loss of his or her platform of choice, when it is no longer available. Why anyone would take the time to object to me expressing regret that the operating system I prefer may no longer be available is beyond me. But if you have that need, go right ahead. I'm willing to go back and forth with you as long as you like.

Timothius01
    tix6174 likes this.
    11-14-15 05:20 PM
    Were I to sell my car and purchase an inferior one, I would certainly lament the loss. Regarding other platform users, it could be said a billions times over that they're superior, and each time, it would still be a lie.

But at the end of the day, each individual is free to choose among the extent offerings, and each individual is free to regret the loss of his or her platform of choice, when it is no longer available. Why anyone would take the time to object to me expressing regret that the operating system I prefer may no longer be available is beyond me. But if you have that need, go right ahead. I'm willing to go back and forth with you as long as you like.

Timothius01
    So how did you base BB10 to be the superior platform? Is your claim based on a global poll or scientific study and you have numbers to back it up? Besides, a platform requires other phases such as customer support, telecom support, hardware upgrades and selection, availability of peripherals and accessories, applications, etc. For you to state BB10 is superior is therefore weak as the items I mentioned above BB10 clearly lacks.
    Elephant_Canyon and MikeX74 like this.
    11-14-15 11:34 PM
    So how did you base BB10 to be the superior platform? Is your claim based on a global poll or scientific study and you have numbers to back it up? Besides, a platform requires other phases such as customer support, telecom support, hardware upgrades and selection, availability of peripherals and accessories, applications, etc. For you to state BB10 is superior is therefore weak as the items I mentioned above BB10 clearly lacks.
    The functionality of BB10 is superior to other OS's. I'm not as familiar with Android as I am with iOS, but I really dislike iOS. It's been dumbed down to the point of being clumsy and cumbersome to navigate, function within apps and between apps. I love the fluidity and efficiency of BB10, but most people couldn't handle the absence of buttons, so they didn't give it a chance. Very sad.

If you devised a test that featured only OS functionality, such as using native browser and communication functions (email, texts, posting on FB and Twitter), and simply searching for information, I'm sure BB10 would win. And what's really upsetting is that most iOS and Android users I know don't have many apps on their phones - they could have done just as well with a BlackBerry.

I will continue to use my Passport until it stops functioning, either through hardware or software decline. I wonder if the BlackBerry Board of directors is happy with Chen?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    Superdupont 2_0 likes this.
    11-15-15 08:26 AM
    The functionality of BB10 is superior to other OS's. I'm not as familiar with Android as I am with iOS, but I really dislike iOS. It's been dumbed down to the point of being clumsy and cumbersome to navigate, function within apps and between apps. I love the fluidity and efficiency of BB10, but most people couldn't handle the absence of buttons, so they didn't give it a chance. Very sad.

I will continue to use my Passport until it stops functioning, either through hardware or software decline.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    Ahh, the old "dumbed down" comment. Clumsy and cumbersome? That can be debated but is very subjective. Navigation between apps, double click home button and all recently used apps are at your disposal. These are well done native apps by the way. Again, you certainly have a right to your opinion but using adjectives to attempt to make ios inferior in some way and thus boost BB10 makes that opinion less credible.
    11-15-15 08:37 AM
    I based my conclusion on my usage of BB10 and versus the other platforms. I did the following:

1. Made an observation
    2. Asked a question
    3. Formulated a hypothesis
    4. Conducted an experiment by using BB10 devices and the other devices, and
    5. Analyzed the data and drew the conclusion that BB10 is superior.

It's called the scientific method.

Timothius01
    TCB on Z10 and moosbb like this.
    11-15-15 09:24 AM
    I've used BlackBerry 10 then had to go to android and I really missed BlackBerry 10 and had to go back because I wanted to go back... I feel I can do more with BlackBerry 10, is more fluid than Android. The truth is that I'm not an app guy, I use email, WhatsApp, BBM, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. I'm not a heavy game player and maybe I didn't feel the famous app gap but my experience brought me back to BlackBerry 10. I'm not going to cry when the system is gone and for sure I will use other OS but at the moment I'm happy where I am. Will I use in the future a BlackBerry device powered by android? Not sure.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-15-15 10:04 AM
    This!

So what happens to BB10?-blackberry-grave.jpg
    tix6174 likes this.
    11-15-15 10:15 AM
    It baffles me reading RH, Troy and others that prefer Android or iOS and their responses in this thread and SO many others here on CrackBerry. Why try and convince those of us that prefer BlackBerry 10 over other operating systems otherwise? Do you think most of us that appreciate and continue to use BlackBerry 10 do not have experience with other OS's? (kicker we have and or do) If you like or prefer another OS's for your mobile needs then why not support or comment related to those OS's? The negative responses and posts related to BlackBerry 10 are tiresome, unproductive and old. We all know the thoughts on BlackBerry 10 market share, the demise of BlackBerry 10 and the market share of inferior mobile OS's.

Z30 wickedness
    11-15-15 10:33 AM
    I based my conclusion on my usage of BB10 and versus the other platforms. I did the following:

1. Made an observation
    2. Asked a question
    3. Formulated a hypothesis
    4. Conducted an experiment by using BB10 devices and the other devices, and
    5. Analyzed the data and drew the conclusion that BB10 is superior.

It's called the scientific method.

Timothius01
    Not when N=1
    pantlesspenguin and flintlock like this.
    11-15-15 11:07 AM
    It baffles me reading RH, Troy and others that prefer Android or iOS and their responses in this thread and SO many others here on CrackBerry. Why try and convince those of us that prefer BlackBerry 10 over other operating systems otherwise? Do you think most of us that appreciate and continue to use BlackBerry 10 do not have experience with other OS's? (kicker we have and or do) If you like or prefer another OS's for your mobile needs then why not support or comment related to those OS's? The negative responses and posts related to BlackBerry 10 are tiresome, unproductive and old. We all know the thoughts on BlackBerry 10 market share, the demise of BlackBerry 10 and the market share of inferior mobile OS's.

Z30 wickedness
    There's a difference between:
    "BB10 is by far tthe best OS out there and iPhone is ***** and Android is *****
    And
    "I find BB10 works best for me because....."
    11-15-15 11:11 AM
    I seem to recall there was an exhaustive comparison of OS by an Indian tech magazine and BB10 was rated No.1 - correct me if I am wrong...

 Passport SE 
    11-15-15 11:42 AM
92 1234