Back in Def Con in august, white hat hacker justin said after hacking the blackphone in 15 mins that BlackBerry is next. So what happened? I even tried googling it and nothing came out.

In the midst of all this hacking and BlackBerry tooting their hoot about security id like to know if mr case was successful in anyway.

Im not trying to be arrogant about our beloved blackberry security here, because I dont believe anything is 100 percent secure, only that some are more than others.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 01:21 PM
    Must be he hasn't cracked it yet? Let's check on him in another 10 years..... lol
    09-04-14 01:29 PM
    Must be he hasn't cracked it yet? Let's check on him in another 10 years..... lol
    LOL!

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 01:51 PM
    Also turned out he hacked an old version of the blackphone too

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-04-14 04:59 PM
    LOL!

Posted via CB10
    ROFLMAO!!
    09-04-14 05:20 PM
    Probably keeping a low profile justin case he was wrong.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    09-04-14 07:13 PM
    No case for Justin case. Lol

With due diligence from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.1130
    09-04-14 07:28 PM
    Maybe he decided Icloud would be easier and more rewarding.

Posted via CB10
    vvvhhh8 likes this.
    09-04-14 07:29 PM
    Big Cherries are what hackers go after, fortunately/unfortunately...

wouldn't make a ripple in media if BlackBerry was hacked...

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    09-04-14 07:35 PM
    Why not tweet him? That's what got him to respond in the first place.
    09-04-14 07:38 PM
    Big Cherries are what hackers go after, fortunately/unfortunately...

wouldn't make a ripple in media if BlackBerry was hacked...

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    Then explain why it made such ripples when Blackphone was hacked, which has a smaller userbase.
    lift likes this.
    09-04-14 07:52 PM
    Then explain why it made such ripples when Blackphone was hacked, which has a smaller userbase.
    http://arstechnica.com/security/2014...acked-sort-of/

Fyi bb10 has been hacked and rooted at blackhat as pointed out by Justin case someone jumped the gun and pissed him off apparently

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-04-14 08:29 PM

Fyi bb10 has been hacked and rooted at blackhat as pointed out by Justin case someone jumped the gun and pissed him off apparently

Source? AFAIK BB10 hasn't been (yet) hacked. I think the vulnerability you're talking about from Black hat has to do with OMA-DM protocol. This is the method how carriers deliver updates to the phone. The video demonstrating this was done on an iPhone. I haven't yet seen or read it done on BB10 (not to say it can't be done).

Posted via CB10
    The Big Picture likes this.
    09-04-14 08:46 PM
    Source? AFAIK BB10 hasn't been (yet) hacked. I think the vulnerability you're talking about from Black hat has to do with OMA-DM protocol. This is the method how carriers deliver updates to the phone. The video demonstrating this was done on an iPhone. I haven't yet seen or read it done on BB10 (not to say it can't be done).

Posted via CB10
    Read the middle of the article
    It's been confirmed z10 and m7 was the most vulnerable and has been rooted according to the research team
    And fem2cell attack fyi it attacks the baseband another source is another bbry blog which I won't link lol even a post earlier in August about it
    Supposively been patched

09-04-14 08:48 PM
    Cos it's android based...

The largest OS user base on the planet!!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    09-05-14 12:38 AM
    Read the middle of the article
    It's been confirmed z10 and m7 was the most vulnerable and has been rooted according to the research team
    And fem2cell attack fyi it attacks the baseband another source is another bbry blog which I won't link lol even a post earlier in August about it
    Supposively been patched

"One attack, demonstrated at Black Hat by Mathew Solnik and Marc Blanchou, used the embedded over-the-air management interfaces used by wireless carriers to perform carrier-pushed configuration updates. They were able to gain root access to BlackBerry phones, as well as some Android phones and the Sprint configuration of some iOS devices. The devices most vulnerable to the attack were the BlackBerry Z10 and theHTC One M7."

I believe this vulnerability has been long patched on BlackBerry's side. The Z10 they hacked was also on 10.0 or 10.1 I cant remember.

I dont understand how anyone can say "BlackBerry hacking is of no interest because their userbase is low"

Their userbase is still in the 10s of millions. And im pretty sure on average, BlackBerry's user base consist of some of the world's most powerful. Obama, merkel, david cameron, top CEOs and the such.

So that's just an useless argument to me.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 03:50 AM

Im pretty sure if justin case found another vulnerability besides the OMA-DM one found (and already has been patched a while ago) the whole world would have known about it.

And as you said, he was not the one who found the OMA-DM vulnerability, some other hacker did.

Justin was very confident after hacking the blackphone and said "BlackBerry is next"

So far we havent heard anything about his success or failure hacking BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 03:55 AM