Let me translate your confused post:

BlackBerry tried android rather than keep putting out BB10 phones to get back to profitability.
    You forgot to say "rather than keep putting out BB10 virtually nobody buys anyway to get back to profitability.
    I sure ain't no Android fan either, but even the hardest " fans" should notice the sales numbers, which were on crash dive quarter by quarter. Some people might argue a high-end full-touch device would've helped BB10 and would get sales soaring again. But I doubt it, which would people rather buy: A Snapdragon 810 powered phone, three gigs of RAM and RE gigs of memory, 5.5" 1440p screen and good battery - which runs virtually no additional apps out of the box, especially big name apps or the same phone which gets all sort of apps?

Sure such a phone would've sold, maybe 200 or 300k units, far from being successful. BlackBerry isn't Microsoft who keeps endlessly pumping money into a mobile OS which obviously is failing to gain good traction for years. BlackBerry pulled the plug sooner.
    Bay 13 and CyberMan2013 like this.
    03-19-16 09:40 AM
    You forgot to say "rather than keep putting out BB10 virtually nobody buys anyway to get back to profitability.
    I sure ain't no Android fan either, but even the hardest " fans" should notice the sales numbers, which were on crash dive quarter by quarter. Some people might argue a high-end full-touch device would've helped BB10 and would get sales soaring again. But I doubt it, which would people rather buy: A Snapdragon 810 powered phone, three gigs of RAM and RE gigs of memory, 5.5" 1440p screen and good battery - which runs virtually no additional apps out of the box, especially big name apps or the same phone which gets all sort of apps?

Sure such a phone would've sold, maybe 200 or 300k units, far from being successful. BlackBerry isn't Microsoft who keeps endlessly pumping money into a mobile OS which obviously is failing to gain good traction for years. BlackBerry pulled the plug sooner.
    Good post. BB had to go Android or bow out hardware business.
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    03-19-16 09:22 PM
    So I guess it is better to go android first and humiliate yourself as a company by going with your competitor's product, and THEN abandon hardware, instead of doing it in a honourable fashion and continuing to support your existing user base while letting them know that you will not introduce any new BB10 phones.
    JulesDB likes this.
    03-20-16 12:51 AM
    So I guess it is better to go android first and humiliate yourself as a company by going with your competitor's product, and THEN abandon hardware, instead of doing it in a honourable fashion and continuing to support your existing user base while letting them know that you will not introduce any new BB10 phones.
    Yes

Lol, who knows. The end is the same.
    03-20-16 06:21 PM

In my opinion BlackBerry made the same mistakes as with legacy devices.

Since 2013 (which is more then a lifetime in terms of technology) they put out the same hardware, chipset just in different housings.
    How should anyone be attracted by Blackberry when they use a Galaxy S6 or iPhone 6?

The Passport does not count, it's a device just for BlackBerry fans.

I own a Z10 - to what should I have upgraded to since 2013?
    Z30? - just for a 0.2Ghz faster processor?
    Leap? - just for a bigger battery and no NFC?

The Priv is just madness!
    Almost 1000$ for a device with a keyboard?
    People still see BlackBerry as a dying company - then 1000$ for a device they offer?
    Chen's marketing people might living in a dream...

The much I love BlackBerry - meanwhile the same amount of head shakes I have the past year.

And they keep wondering why they won't sell devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 02:11 AM
    Since 2013 (which is more then a lifetime in terms of technology) they put out the same hardware, chipset just in different housings.
    How should anyone be attracted by Blackberry when they use a Galaxy S6 or iPhone 6?

I completely understand your critic and frustration, but even the Z10, Q10, Q5 and (partly) Z30 didn't actually sell in good numbers - even though their hardware was quite decent at their time of release. Yet I am very sure even a high-end BlackBerry in 2014 wouldn't have helped BlackBerry. They still lacked apps on BB10, what good use is a full-HD or Ultra-HD (or whatever you call it) screen, high-end SoC and even three gigs of RAM if the app selection is still poor and limited. Even the latest Windows Phones don't seem to attract people although they not only feature state of the art hardware and interesting software - because it's still app-lacking Windows Phone.
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    03-21-16 05:45 AM
    Another one of those click bait articles about the vulnerabilities of android. :-)

These articles always have the same pattern:

State the danger: "a billion android users might be vulnerable or at risk" "a fatal flaw has been discovered that enable malware to gain root access to your phone"

So how does the malware gain root access to your android phone?

Step 1: The user will have to download the malicious app from a 3rd party app store
    Step 2: The user will have to first root their own phone. (aka if you download the app and your phone is not rooted - the app is not going to root your phone. It will just take up space in your phone's memory)
    Step 3: The user will have to change their phone setting to allow an app to be installed that was downloaded from a 3rd party apps store (android actually prompt the user if they want to change the setting or not)
    Step 4: The user have to then give the app permission before it can run - which is again another prompt.

With all of these steps it is very hard to have your phone exploited by a malicious app. Rooting alone (even though not difficult to do) is a time consuming activity. It can take more than an hour especially if the person does not know what they are doing. Which why this articles always have the word "might or at risk" in their headlines. Since they know that only small percentage of android users actually root their phones. At most the android users that most likely get their phone hacked are the enthusiast - the ones that know most about these malwares.

These android malware panic articles are similar to a hack doctor proclaiming that the world's human population is at risk of damaging their eyes if they stare at the sun for long periods of time.
    If you have superSU installed an app can't gain root access without you allowing it
    03-22-16 03:00 PM
    In my opinion BlackBerry made the same mistakes as with legacy devices.

The Priv is just madness!
    Almost 1000$ for a device with a keyboard?
    People still see BlackBerry as a dying company - then 1000$ for a device they offer?
    Chen's marketing people might living in a dream...

The much I love BlackBerry - meanwhile the same amount of head shakes I have the past year.

And they keep wondering why they won't sell devices.

Posted via CB10
    I bought my Priv for ~580. Well I bet BlackBerry will last longer than HTC
    03-22-16 03:03 PM
    In the hardware business?
    03-22-16 04:13 PM
    Apps. It's 2016 our phones run other devices now, that's why.... My pretty simple answer...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    So does a BlackBerry the ill informed have not a clue!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 03-23-16 at 07:34 AM.
    03-23-16 06:12 AM
    Might be true.
    But HOW usable will it be in future with developers jumping off?
    Liking Facebook & WhatsApp or not - losing that big brands is more than a worse signal.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 09:38 AM
36 12