While I am happy and excited for ATT customers I am a little disappointed with T-Mobile. I remember the article stating T-Mobile is aiming to be the first American carrier “out of the gate” with the phone next month (http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...se-z10-769120/). I felt good about this knowing T-Mobile has a history of taking forever to get the latest phones. With ATT pre-order well underway I guess they've once again lost to one of the big 3 carriers

T-Mobile Biz pre-order does not count. This is strictly regarding personal consumers.

T-Mobile please surprise us and release the phone before ATT's 03/22 store pick up date..You can do it lol

Done venting...feel better now
    03-12-13 09:34 AM
    T-Mobile pre-orders for Corporate Accounts have already started and they are SUPPOSED to be shipping this week.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-12-13 09:36 AM
    I hope the $249 price on T-Mobile is a joke. . . guess I'll be waiting for a promotion before I buy the phone. . .
    03-12-13 09:41 AM
    I hope the $249 price on T-Mobile is a joke. . . guess I'll be waiting for a promotion before I buy the phone. . .
    You know their "value plans" are just that, right? You pay full price for the device, a lower monthly rate, and if you keep your phone for 2 years (despite not being on a contract since you didn't get a phone subsidy) then you pay LESS than you do over the span of 2 years if you got a phone subsidy and pay a higher rate plan. Plus, when you buy a phone outright you can pay it in installments. You put about $200 down and pay the rest in payments that are tacked on to your bill.
    03-12-13 10:15 AM
    You know their "value plans" are just that, right? You pay full price for the device, a lower monthly rate, and if you keep your phone for 2 years (despite not being on a contract since you didn't get a phone subsidy) then you pay LESS than you do over the span of 2 years if you got a phone subsidy and pay a higher rate plan. Plus, when you buy a phone outright you can pay it in installments. You put about $200 down and pay the rest in payments that are tacked on to your bill.
    So I extended my family plan with the plan to pick up three z10's on T-Mobile. . .the sales rep said the bill will be much cheeper than what I pay no until I pick up the devices (the added installments would put it right back to where it started). But they do give you the option of putting up a larger down payment to make the installments less . . . the $250 price tag just makes it harder to drop my installments. . .if only the reps had more info by now. . .
    03-12-13 10:32 AM
    So I extended my family plan with the plan to pick up three z10's on T-Mobile. . .the sales rep said the bill will be much cheeper than what I pay no until I pick up the devices (the added installments would put it right back to where it started). But they do give you the option of putting up a larger down payment to make the installments less . . . the $250 price tag just makes it harder to drop my installments. . .if only the reps had more info by now. . .
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the installments were offered if you ONLY paid full retail for the device. I remember a long time ago you could break up an installment on a subsidy into like, 4 payments of $50 (for a $200 subsidized priced device), but I haven't heard of that being done in years. Then again, it's been years since I even thought about having a contract. I've been contractless since I got on the Even More Plus plan at the same time I picked up my 9700 (not counting the 4 months I was on VZW last year). Also, since I'm single I don't know how that all works on family plans, either.

I do agree that I wish reps had more info. I stopped by the mall yesterday to pick up some candles and I stopped by the T-Mo kiosk. I wasn't really expecting for much, but I asked if they had any more info on the Z10 release for consumers. The rep just said that they were told recently it would be before the end of March, which is what we already knew. It seems like the time between the launch and now has gone by really fast...but now that we're approaching the actual release time is at a standstill!!
    03-12-13 10:55 AM
    Value plans are 2 year contract plans. What you're talking about are prepaid plans (where you pay full price, get a low monthly rate AND have no contract.)

Barring other considerations, if I could afford to pay full retail for a phone, I would never sign a contract, Value or otherwise. It makes no sense.
    03-12-13 10:59 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the installments were offered if you ONLY paid full retail for the device. I remember a long time ago you could break up an installment on a subsidy into like, 4 payments of $50 (for a $200 subsidized priced device), but I haven't heard of that being done in years. Then again, it's been years since I even thought about having a contract. I've been contractless since I got on the Even More Plus plan at the same time I picked up my 9700 (not counting the 4 months I was on VZW last year). Also, since I'm single I don't know how that all works on family plans, either.
    The way they are doing Value breakdowns is that they have you put down a fixed amount (let's say $200 on a $600 phone), and then break the remainder ($400) into monthly payments ($20x20 seems to be the most common.) So really, the "Value" part kicks in during the last 4 months of the contract, where you're not paying for a device, but are still enjoying the $5 data. These low rates then continue until the next time you upgrade.
    03-12-13 11:21 AM
    Value plans are 2 year contract plans. What you're talking about are prepaid plans (where you pay full price, get a low monthly rate AND have no contract.)

Barring other considerations, if I could afford to pay full retail for a phone, I would never sign a contract, Value or otherwise. It makes no sense.
    Nope, not talking prepaid. I forgot that value plans did indeed come with a contract, but other plans where you paid full price for the device and a lower monthly fee (EMP, for example) did not. And their new plans that they're unveiling will not. However, I think they will still have the Monthly 4G plans, which are prepaid.

How can you not afford to pay full price for a phone where you only put, say, $200-$250 down and then pay for a $50 monthly fee + a $20 payment for the phone, but you CAN afford to pay $200-$250 on subsidy and then pay $70 monthly? Or am I reading you wrong?
    03-12-13 12:35 PM
    As a current AT&T customer I am unable to pre-order the Z10 today. It is only available to new customers today. Current customers must wait until March 22 to order the phone. Shameful!!!
    03-12-13 12:38 PM
    The way they are doing Value breakdowns is that they have you put down a fixed amount (let's say $200 on a $600 phone), and then break the remainder ($400) into monthly payments ($20x20 seems to be the most common.) So really, the "Value" part kicks in during the last 4 months of the contract, where you're not paying for a device, but are still enjoying the $5 data. These low rates then continue until the next time you upgrade.
    That part I get, since I mentioned choosing one of these plans if you plan on keeping your phone for the full two years.
    03-12-13 12:40 PM
    How can you not afford to pay full price for a phone where you only put, say, $200-$250 down and then pay for a $50 monthly fee + a $20 payment for the phone, but you CAN afford to pay $200-$250 on subsidy and then pay $70 monthly? Or am I reading you wrong?
    It almost balances out in the end (unless you're with Verizon lol.) At TMO, you pay $200 down, and $5 for data and $20 for your phone for the first 20 months. At AT&T, you may be paying $200 down and $25 for the data--the same cost over the first 20 months. They recoup their subsidy by baking it into the cost of the plans/services. So TMO can't really claim being cheaper than AT&T just on the cost of data alone. But they can if they offer lower rate plans and other add-ons (like text messaging.)

Value plans are really great if you've paid off your phone (last four months), or you BYOD (which is essentially the same thing as 'paid off your phone.')
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-12-13 01:14 PM
    Honestly, I don't know where everyone is getting this business quote price. I called T-Mobile and the sales rep said no info for either business or non-business dates has been set. No official info and they have not sold or taken any orders for business accounts. So who is the wild turkey that has been spreading these crazy rumors online...
    03-13-13 09:55 AM