last night my blackberry automatically cleared all of my recent call and text messages an i think it may be bc the memory was full. so i looked up what i could delete and i deleted 2 apps and all my emails and it still saying i have 0 free space.
    i was wondering what else i could do to free some space bc it is saying full memory and to click on anything it freezes up and takes 15 seconds to respond.
    01-02-09 02:29 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 02:31 PM
    do you mean restarting it it cleaning the battery connection?
    01-02-09 02:32 PM
    Check your free memory: Options / Status / File Free:

What you are describing is typical of the problems caused by low available memory. Any time "File Free" drops below 12 000 000 bytes, the phone will start deleting call logs and text messages without warning to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive, before you have had time to read them.

A battery pull recovers memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove the stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from the device's memory. The following procedure, originally written by Forums Moderator Reed McLay will guide you:

How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory

Also, if you have a Media Card, be sure to put pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that Media Card memory is not device memory. You have to keep your device memory above 12 000 000 bytes, regardless of the capacity of your Media Card or how much free space it has. Finally, you can't at this time run programs from a Media Card. Programs have to be installed in and executed in device memory.
    01-02-09 02:32 PM
    Batt pull should fix it.

01-02-09 02:33 PM
    do you mean restarting it it cleaning the battery connection?
    No, pull the battery out when the phone is on, and wait 30 seconds before putting it back in. This will reset the phone more completely than turning the phone off, then on.
    01-02-09 02:34 PM
    The tips from sunkast should fix your problems.

01-02-09 03:03 PM
    There are also a few good 3RD party memory increasing programs, as well. I use memory up pro and it works great.

01-02-09 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD