Lebron got a Note? Get Dwayne Wade an L. Get Kobe an N. And for the Aristo, why His Airness himself.
    12-11-12 05:05 PM
    They need to reach out to Rev Run next!!!
    So RIM is FINALLY reaching out to celebs for BB10??-86042889.png
    12-11-12 05:17 PM
    The best form of advertising for BlackBerry 10 will be consumer-driven. The kind known as word-of-mouth. Its viral.
    jakie55 and anon(3896606) like this.
    12-11-12 05:22 PM
    The best form of advertising for BlackBerry 10 will be consumer-driven. The kind known as word-of-mouth. Its viral.
    I couldn't agree more , I've convinced about 5 people already to get the bb10
    anon(3896606) and BThunderW like this.
    12-11-12 05:35 PM
    This idea that they have to pay people to say anything nice about bb10 seems rather petty, they are clearly working hard to get out there and give previews to as many people as they can in the lead up to the launch because they know that they can't compete with the money being spent by the likes of MS, Samsung or Apple and that they have to work smarter to spread the word so that they can save their advertising budget until the actual launch.
    alan510 and Bobcat665 like this.
    12-11-12 06:15 PM
    Like I posted in the other locked thread - now we need either Charlie Daniels, Hank Jr. or Toby Keith for my demographic - although they don't get photographed at games, shopping, landing at airports, etc as much as the hippity-hoppity crowd . . . .
    They would if they walked through an airport brandishing a rifle. Oh, and they should be wearing a "CrackBerry Kevin" PlayBook on gold chain around their neck with their personalized inmate number displayed on screen.
    DocDRM likes this.
    12-11-12 06:17 PM
    That would be incredible
    12-11-12 06:31 PM
    Lebron got a Note? Get Dwayne Wade an L. Get Kobe an N. And for the Aristo, why His Airness himself.
    Dwight Howard mentioned in an interview on ESPN that he found out D'Antoni was his new head coach on BBM.
    12-11-12 07:21 PM
    Which cricketers ? share few names and links.
    12-11-12 08:46 PM
    Kevin Pieterson (England) and Albie morkel (South Africa). It's on Twitter so I can't give link but if you go to their profiles you can see. I've seen Indian cricketers and most of them use blackberries. (so it is not just curves by poor people as many like to point out here)

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    12-11-12 10:45 PM
    As long as we are on the celebrity endorsement, which I think could be a great marketing idea if done properly, what about allowing some placement in the show Suits. For those unfamiliar with the show it is a comic-drama (for lack of a better term) about lawyers at prestigious law firm in New York (filmed in Toronto). It is more recent show, that targets a demographic similar to one I feel RIM is looking to target (Professional world with accessibility to young adults). The show has picked up popularity from the pilot and the third season will be airing this coming new year (same release time as BB10). Could it be a good way for RIM to give the phone a strong start into celebrity/pop culture realm?
    12-12-12 02:53 AM
    Saw a tweet from the author Neil Gaiman yesterday from the infamous API - 1810 (may have got that number wrong by the way!). Was it ever established whether that reference was twitter for bb10?

I'm happy to delete this post if I'm even hinting at misinformation!
    12-12-12 03:07 AM
    Love the BB10 action. RIM is doing a fine job!
    12-12-12 08:51 AM
    do you think rimm should put a London in lindsay lohan's hands and let her go to parties, clubs, and court with it?
    Please God... no! RIM/BlackBerry should stay far faaaarrrrrrr away from Lindsay Lohan until she get's cleaned up.

In regards to celebrity endorsing though, BlackBerry should definitely be using people that are already PRO-BlackBerry. Now of course they can't afford to use all of them but there are a plethora of them that they can choose.
    Barljo and anon(3896606) like this.
    12-12-12 10:56 AM

In regards to celebrity endorsing though, BlackBerry should definitely be using people that are already PRO-BlackBerry. Now of course they can't afford to use all of them but there are a plethora of them that they can choose.

I think they should reach out to President Obama, P. Diddy, Justin Timberlake, Nicki Minaj, Jay-Z, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and yes, even Kim K (and family). They are all known (BIG) celebrity Blackberry users.
    BryanVilla likes this.
    12-12-12 11:06 AM
    Haha ... saw this yesterday on twitter and love it, especially when it's coming from a huge entrepreneur like Mr Russell. I just wish the U.S. market would show more support for rim for example; Canada has the McDonald commercial showing the PlayBook, there's the BBM7 commercial going around in other countries except the U.S., even Mexico's hit telenovela "Por Ella Soy Eva" keeps displaying the PlayBook on many of its episodes. I know this will change once BB10 drops but would like to see more here in the states to show and bring back new life.
    12-12-12 11:44 AM
    Who gives a flying F?
    12-12-12 11:47 AM
    Who gives a flying F?
    Well we know you don't, so what bother spending the time and effort to read this thread and then comment on it?
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    12-12-12 03:20 PM
    I was worried RIM would mess up with their marketing, but so far I think they've been doing an excellent job. Now I'm very confident that BB10 will be a smashing success!
    12-12-12 03:23 PM
    Lady Gaga, who is (or used to be at least) the most popular pop star on the planet, has always said she preferred Blackberry because of the keyboard.....sending over a BB10 N-Series phone would be rather beneficial to RIM ....... she'll be photographed with it non-stop
    12-12-12 04:22 PM
    Please God... no! RIM/BlackBerry should stay far faaaarrrrrrr away from Lindsay Lohan until she get's cleaned up.

RIM could start producing "reality" television programming...just when we thought the BlackBerry brand could sink no lower RIM says, "Ooopps! I did it again."
    12-12-12 07:15 PM
    do you think rimm should put a London in lindsay lohan's hands and let her go to parties, clubs, and court with it?
    Who could possibly take LiLo seriously anymore? It looks like we can't take you seriously either, jackas$$!!!
    12-12-12 08:10 PM
    meh, a few weeks ago stephen fry (@stephenfry) tweeted he`d had a go on BB10 and liked it. https://twitter.com/stephenfry/statu...95802682159104

Thats over 5million followers in one tweet before any retweets also of great note is his very outspoken love for apple, the fact he`s saying anything about BB is a very good thing.

As for what he tweeted it from? well twitter kindly hides that now lol, although i `think` i remember seeing it was from an idevice
    Yes, I think he really likes it...
    So RIM is FINALLY reaching out to celebs for BB10??-capture.jpg
    12-13-12 08:56 AM
    Lady Gaga, who is (or used to be at least) the most popular pop star on the planet, has always said she preferred Blackberry because of the keyboard.....sending over a BB10 N-Series phone would be rather beneficial to RIM ....... she'll be photographed with it non-stop
    Maybe Lady Gaga could wear a dress made from BB10's. I am not kidding. The media coverage (both positive and negative) would be huge!
    shemaree09 likes this.
    12-13-12 09:16 AM
    That would be hilarious but it would Di nothing but good
    12-13-12 09:20 AM
63 123