So does wifi use your data or what? I was wondering if i could just switch to wifi and not use my data and then when I'm out i could just use 3g or whatever. Anyone know?
    11-01-09 03:11 AM
    Wifi doesn't use up your mobile data allowance...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 03:41 AM
    The reason i ask is i found out today i have the 5 gig plan. So Sometimes i like to sit and listen to Pandora i was worried it would use a lot of data so Thanks. Different subject got a voice mail icon that won't go away I couldn't find a thread speaking about the storm 2 so how do we get rid of it?
    11-01-09 03:55 AM
    I had that.
    Pull the battery and the icon goes away
    11-01-09 04:23 AM
    The reason i ask is i found out today i have the 5 gig plan. So Sometimes i like to sit and listen to Pandora i was worried it would use a lot of data so Thanks. Different subject got a voice mail icon that won't go away I couldn't find a thread speaking about the storm 2 so how do we get rid of it?
    You should be fine streaming Pandora. I use it, ans Slacker usually for several hours daily.
    11-01-09 04:32 AM
    Battery pull not working. hmmmm
    11-01-09 04:45 AM
    BlackBerry Storm2 Prosumer WiFi Issue

Posted: 10/30/2009 5:11:31 PM(ET)

Some customers may call regarding misinformation circulating regarding the Storm2 WiFi and BlackBerry data plans.

There are views circulating that the VZW BlackBerry Storm2 device must be on the $44.99 BlackBerry plan to utilize the WiFi capabilities. Customers are calling with inquiries based on a CrackBerry.com article indicating that the $29.99 Email and Web for BlackBerry is not compatible with WiFi use for email and browsing. This is incorrect! BlackBerry WiFi use is not dependent on any VZW calling plan or features.

Issue
    BlackBerry Storm2 customers who activated and Registered their devices on the Prosumer service prior to 7:30 AM ET on 10/30, were not receiving the necessary BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) email service books to allow them to send/receive BIS email over WiFi.

Resolution
    As of 7:30 AM ET on 10/30, the proper service books were loaded in the RIM Provisioning network for Prosumer users. RIM also pushed the new service books to devices that were affected prior to the resolution. RIM will continue pushing the new service books to devices that may have been out of coverage, or turned off during the initial new service book push.

Customer Handling
    Advise Storm2 Prosumer customers experiencing WiFi connection issues to perform a "Register Now" on their BlackBerry device by going to Options > Advance Options > Host Routing Table > press Menu > Register Now.
    11-02-09 11:32 AM
    The 5GB limit should just apply to the tethering addon. You should be fine steaming using either wi-fi or verizons data service

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD