By playbookster's definition, I am a credible source since I have a bb10 and it's running Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055
    11-21-13 09:32 AM
    Yes completely ignore what the amazon email said.

Posted via CB10
    Which part? Where they state Amazon does not support any BlackBerry devices? Nope. Did you?
    I also read where they said if it's working, enjoy.

So nope, I read the entire message.

Sent from whichever BBM carrying device I happen to grab, via Tapatalk
    11-21-13 09:41 AM
    Yes completely ignore what the amazon email said.

Posted via CB10
    I don't believe Q was ignoring what the Amazon email said. She was probably addressing the ridiculous assertion that people who don't always have a "supportive" opinion of BlackBerry are so called haters. Just because they say something you do not want to hear, doesn't make them a hater.

Can you honestly say that you knew everything was fine and legal all along? There were some good opinions and analysis that would support either side that were expressed these last 62 pages. No one really knows the answer, it's grey at best. The Amazon email does seem to indicate they are fine with it, so if that's the case then everyone go download the apps they want from there.
    11-21-13 09:46 AM
    Which part? Where they state Amazon does not support any BlackBerry devices? Nope. Did you?
    I also read where they said if it's working, enjoy.

So nope, I read the entire message.

They did say they don't officially support BlackBerry.... they also said if it works you are not breaking any laws.... You need official support to use something ??

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-21-13 09:46 AM
    They did say they don't officially support BlackBerry.... they also said if it works you are not breaking any laws.... You need official support to use something ??

Posted via CB10
    You probably don't because, if an app doesn't work for you, you'll simply move to the next one.

Most people, however, do. If something doesn't work, they call CS.

Now, imagine, with so many apps not working, what a nightmare it would be for Amazon.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-21-13 09:48 AM
    They did say they don't official support BlackBerry.... they also said if it works you are not breaking any laws.... You need official support to use something ??

Posted via CB10
    When it comes to my device, developers, and the sites where I get my apps, yes.

Therefore I won't use 1mobile or other third party sites. After Amazon stated they don't care. I'll load Instagram on my Z10.

And it's more than just support. It's the integrity of the site. I'm not putting anything in my device that is questionable.

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited by qbnkelt; 11-21-13 at 10:55 AM.
    11-21-13 09:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Some have a hard time grasping that fine sir

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 10:02 AM
    When it comes toy device, developers, and the sites where I get my apps, yes.

Therefore I won't use 1mobile or other third party sites. After Amazon stated they don't care. I'll load Instagram on my Z10.

And it's more than just support. It's the integrity of the site. I'm not putting anything in my device that is questionable.

Your mileage may vary.

There are reports on people getting malware and viri from some of the alternate sites in Kevin's thread. Wonderful sites to be visiting.
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    11-21-13 10:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    And others choose to ignore that some users decide for themselves what action to take instead of relying on anonymous Internet forum posters.

11-21-13 10:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Kinda curious, what are your reasons for not installing the leaked OS?
    paper_monkey likes this.
    11-21-13 10:17 AM
    There are reports on people getting malware and viri from some of the alternate sites in Kevin's thread. Wonderful sites to be visiting.
    Lovely. I hadn't seen that. Doesn't surprise me.

Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-21-13 10:17 AM
    Kinda curious, what are your reasons for not installing the leaked OS?
    I'm in waterloo away from my pc otherwise I would have it installed. As soon as I get home I will install it. Can't wait to have it

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 10:19 AM
    I'm in waterloo away from my pc otherwise I would have it installed. As soon as I get home I will install it. Can't wait to have it

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough, thanks.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-21-13 10:21 AM
    Is Kindle available officially in BlackBerry World? With Amazon's blessing?
    Did BlackBerry just pop it in there without asking Amazon?

Geeks United C00122408
    No, as if you go to BlackBerry world the developer is listed as Amazon Services LLC. Compared to the FaceBook app which is by BlackBerry Limited.

Kindle for BlackBerry 10 - BlackBerry World
    11-21-13 12:02 PM
    Guys not to drift away from the thread. Put a side the sideloading/direct installing of apk files, but I don't understand why I have to run a simple application like (Viber for example) in a virtual environment on my blackberry when it runs nativity on other platforms?? Why do I have to compemise on the experience of an application??

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 12:50 PM
    Guys not to drift away from the thread. Put a side the sideloading/direct installing of apk files, but I don't understand why I have to run a simple application like (Viber for example) in a virtual environment on my blackberry when it runs nativity on other platforms?? Why do I have to compemise on the experience of an application??

Posted via CB10
    Because viber don't want to create a native app for bb10 and/or don't want you to run it!?

Posted via CB10
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    11-21-13 01:07 PM
    Because viber don't want to create a native app for bb10 and/or don't want you to run it!?

Posted via CB10
    Obviously , but shouldn't BlackBerry be working on getting developers to build native applications for BlackBerry 10 more than focusing on allowing direct installation of apk in a virtual environment?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 02:06 PM
    Obviously , but shouldn't BlackBerry be working on getting developers to build native applications for BlackBerry 10 more than focusing on allowing direct installation of apk in a virtual environment?

Posted via CB10
    Well this has been the contention since day one. And it hasn't worked. For whatever reason BlackBerry has been met with indifference. It's not just money. So this is what BlackBerry has to resort to.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 02:08 PM
    Well this has been the contention since day one. And it hasn't worked. For whatever reason BlackBerry has been met with indifference. It's not just money. So this is what BlackBerry has to resort to.

Posted via CB10
    Well it's killing it more than its keeping it alive

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 02:23 PM
    Well it's killing it more than its keeping it alive

Posted via CB10
    The BlackBerry management must be aware of this - especially seeing as they are to blame.

Business is a competition - one snoozes, one loses.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-21-13 02:26 PM
    The BlackBerry management must be aware of this - especially seeing as they are to blame.

Business is a competition - one snoozes, one loses.

Posted via CB10
    There was an interesting point raised (well interesting to me at least) in the offshoot thread from this that essentially looked at a model where Android Devs can have their APKs hosted in BBAppWorld which would allow them to track metrics on what kind of interest there is as well as getting feedback from the community at what needs work/fixing. I'm not sure if there's enough time left but if enough Devs saw that there was interest from the community, it might convince them to create native versions of their apps.
    11-21-13 02:30 PM
    There was an interesting point raised (well interesting to me at least) in the offshoot thread from this that essentially looked at a model where Android Devs can have their APKs hosted in BBAppWorld which would allow them to track metrics on what kind of interest there is as well as getting feedback from the community at what needs work/fixing. I'm not sure if there's enough time left but if enough Devs saw that there was interest from the community, it might convince them to create native versions of their apps.
    True.

But then I can't believe devs are NOT aware BlackBerry users want their apps (like instagram or whatever).

They know.

And yet they're not doing anything - and yes, wouldn't it be more money etc.

I think I believe what I wrote above and that bothers me a great deal.

But then it's all business.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and paper_monkey like this.
    11-21-13 02:42 PM
    Well that sucks. Any idea which ones? Was looking to try other app stores besides Amazon

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    11-21-13 02:55 PM
    Well that sucks. Any idea which ones? Was looking to try other app stores besides Amazon

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    Try Goodereader...
    Good e-Reader App Store - Alternative Android App Stores
    11-21-13 03:13 PM
    You're talking about the ignore list and after a record 14 posts, you just made it into mine.
    And you into mine.

Posted via CB10
    xandermac likes this.
    11-21-13 06:39 PM
1,792 ... 6162636465 ...