03-16-16 08:02 AM
1,792 ... 5960616263 ...
tools
    Because you are tied into the iOS and android platform ? That was my father's reasoning to stick with iOS. He's spent probably over $500 in iOS apps. But says the BB10 OS is excellent.

Posted via CB10
    That is a small part of it. I wouldn't care about the money as much. But losing the functionality and the workflow, that is the issue. I don't think OS matters, as long as it works, and they more or less all do. The issue is the apps, but also the ecosystem, which allows me to access much of my data across multiple devices - phone, ipad, desktop or notebook. That kind of ecosystem with apps working across multiple devices is huge for me.
    Poirots Progeny and kbz1960 like this.
    11-20-13 03:45 PM
    My solution to that would be to get a tablet for either iOS or android and still have a BB10 phone on hand. Nothing matches it to me as a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1, missing_K-W and Undbiter65 like this.
    11-20-13 03:48 PM
    My solution to that would be to get a tablet for either iOS or android and still have a BB10 phone on hand. Nothing matches it to me as a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    Why deal with having to carry a tablet? Just so I can carry a BB? I wouldn't see the need for it. The BB can't do anything, except the keyboard and that is probably as much a preference as any real performance advantage, better than the iPhone in my opinion.
    11-20-13 03:57 PM
    That is a small part of it. I wouldn't care about the money as much. But losing the functionality and the workflow, that is the issue. I don't think OS matters, as long as it works, and they more or less all do. The issue is the apps, but also the ecosystem, which allows me to access much of my data across multiple devices - phone, ipad, desktop or notebook. That kind of ecosystem with apps working across multiple devices is huge for me.
    Completely agree.

I think I could work with any platform if I had to... I would hate to lose the productivity though.
    11-20-13 04:00 PM
    Updated what? Yes, my Z is on latest leak. My last android tab was on latest available a month or two ago. My windows tab is on 8.1. My ipod is not updated, it's falling apart and don't see the point. I don't like the new icons.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    You've used an up to date android phone or iPhone? We're not talking tablets here, BB doesn't even make one of those.
    11-20-13 04:19 PM
    You are correct. No one can try an updated BB10 device and hate it.

It's impossible.
    Possum

That's pretty "bold" of you. I'm sure someone hates it. I don't.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    11-20-13 04:20 PM
    Well, firmly back on topic, here you go... Playbookster got a reply...

So now that the App Gap is gone, whats the next complaint?-img_00000403.png
    11-20-13 04:20 PM
    11-20-13 04:22 PM
    Now, in the new thread with the Amazon reply, the implication being bandied about is that there is surprise regards to Amazon appreciating the extra business. LOL. No mention of the thread premise.

Thanks for saving folks from reading 60+ pages. Wow.
    11-20-13 04:22 PM
    Possum

That's pretty "bold" of you. I'm sure someone hates it. I don't.
    It's impossible I tell you. IMPOSSIBLE!
    11-20-13 04:23 PM
    Now, in the new thread with the Amazon reply, the implication being bandied about is that there is surprise regards to Amazon appreciating the extra business. LOL. No mention of the thread premise.

Thanks for saving folks from reading 60+ pages. Wow.
    (Mayor of Gotham voice) 'Don't thank me.... thank Playbookster...'
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    11-20-13 04:24 PM
    Not violating any law. What are the BlackBerry haters gonna make up next as the next barrier.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 04:37 PM
    Not violating any law. What are the BlackBerry haters gonna make up next as the next barrier.
    *looks around the room*

I don't see any barriers... does anyone else? Should be smooth sailing now. Time to cheer for BBRY!
    11-20-13 04:39 PM
    marketing is still the original problem though.... they don't even say that BB10 contains a android player and that's a problem... should be listed in the features

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 04:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know... they all seem to have left?

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    11-20-13 04:44 PM
    marketing is still the original problem though.... they don't even say that BB10 contains a android player and that's a problem... should be listed in the features

Posted via CB10
    Don't get me started on lack of Marketing!
    11-20-13 05:15 PM
    I'm sure BlackBerry legal department is all over the runtime.

Please give some examples of how the Android runtime is illegal. I would like to know.

Posted via CB10
    I never said it's illegal, I simply said don't assume that just because BB10 includes the Android runtime it's legal. We simply don't know - that's the point.

Geeks United C00122408
    paper_monkey likes this.
    11-20-13 05:23 PM
    You are legally permitted to use them within the framework of the TOS of the store, the EULA for the app and the prevailing copyright legislation. I would strongly suggest you rethink this argument in the context of this thread though, as to do so right now requires you to illegally install an OS onto your device which voids your warranty and violates sundry agreements between yourself and your carrier and yourself and BlackBerry so before even looking at the legality of the apps, to get them on your phone is illegal (but I digress)

If you are using an app on a platform other than what it was intended for by the Dev and/or app store provider you are pirating the app. full stop.
    Exactly. Thank you for posting this.

Geeks United C00122408
    paper_monkey and JeepBB like this.
    11-20-13 05:25 PM
    But that's why I think the Runtime is a road that should not have been traveled.

Of course, hindsight is awesome; I was supportive of it at first.

WP8 seems to show that that slow and steady with native is the way to go.
    I'm in total agreement; as a Dev I liked the idea of being able to easily test my apps on BB10.

I don't like the idea of any Tom, Richard or Harry illegally using my Android apps on BB10 without my explicit permission.
    To install any app store on a device it's not intended for is violating that app stores Terms and Conditions.

Geeks United C00122408
    11-20-13 05:34 PM
    Comon Dave, lets hear it
    11-20-13 05:38 PM
    ummmmm.....yes......I've got 14 days to return it.....why would I misrepresent myself?

Example - bought the Playbook. Didn't like it. Returned it and got an iPad. Liked that and kept it.
    I do the same; it's the only way to know a device and see if you can live with it.

Geeks United C00122408
    11-20-13 05:44 PM
    I'm in total agreement; as a Dev I liked the idea of being able to easily test my apps on BB10.

I don't like the idea of any Tom, Richard or Harry illegally using my Android apps on BB10 without my explicit permission.
    To install any app store on a device it's not intended for is violating that app stores Terms and Conditions.

Geeks United C00122408
    Apparently that is complete mumbo jumbo and no one is breaking any laws or terms of service. Although If you want to write your own terms of service for an app and explicitly state DO NOT RUN THIS APP ON A BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICE USING ANDROID RUN TIME, I DO NOT WANT YOU TO USE IT BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE BLACKBERRY AND I DON'T WANT YOUR MONEY. then i guess you would have a point.
    11-20-13 05:49 PM
    I find this thread very informative.... we already know that someone bought a new car, know all the devices people are using, got into law and started to see the reason for the specific language used in EULAs and believe that I have never seen so many quotes in the last few pages....

After we have gotten to know each other quite well in this thread and made it a feast for the NSA, let's see what I remember from it:

App Gap is not closed, BlackBerry might have legal trouble because their devices are not included in the EULA beyond a shadow of doubt.

Specs and features missing in both HW and SW

A lot of people like to talk about themselves, instead of the topic on hand.

The App Gap has been argued and we have concluded that it is and will be still there.

With all the contests and popularity bb10 is gaining by indy developers, it might soon happen that we will be the first to have a must have app... Just look at the Dandy's App Challenge.

I still have not seen as to where BlackBerry still needs to improve upon, if we take the latest leak as a frame of reference.....

Wasn't. This the original question?

I think I am repeating myself from page 30 something....

Maybe I will do it in another 30 pages, after I have been able to use the personal info provided in this thread to have a nice tea with a few CB members...

Posted via CB10
    You bring the tea, I'll bake a cake. How does that sound?

Geeks United C00122408
    11-20-13 05:52 PM
    Apparently that is complete mumbo jumbo and no one is breaking any laws or terms of service. Although If you want to write your own terms of service for an app and explicitly state DO NOT RUN THIS APP ON A BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICE USING ANDROID RUN TIME, I DO NOT WANT YOU TO USE IT BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE BLACKBERRY AND I DON'T WANT YOUR MONEY. then i guess you would have a point.
    I can charge money for apps? Who knew?

Geeks United C00122408
    11-20-13 05:54 PM
    Sorry love but if I'm on your invite list it will have to be either a Guinness or a Watney's.
    Watney's? Oooh, you sound like my kinda girl

Geeks United C00122408
    11-20-13 05:55 PM
1,792 ... 5960616263 ...