03-16-16 08:02 AM
1,792 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Installed Instagram, Netflix, Google Earth, Youtube, and every other worthwhile Android app that was missing. So whats the big complaint now? 10.2.1 seems to have fixed what people didnt like about BB10... Great os but no apps. Now its a great os with every app.
    Old spec phone. Pretty soon prob no support..prob no blackberry. And they are banking on staying alive by piracy.
    Something will give soon
    bbq10l and Terser Nori like this.
    11-15-13 10:28 AM
    Old spec phone. Pretty soon prob no support..prob no blackberry. And they are banking on staying alive by piracy.
    Something will give soon
    Who said anything about piracy, and plus isn't that the reason people go droid? So they can run pirated roms on there playstation emulators? Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 10:30 AM
    Come on!! Really? The app gap is closed? When the apps are designed for BB10 and not for an Android device then the gap will be closed. As it stands now we can download ANDROID apps, hope we get all the features of the app, and then check back frequently when for an update which we weren't notified about. Android is a crutch for BB10 to lean on. And until that goes away the gap is still there.
    11-15-13 10:32 AM
    So far it's pirates (yes, leakers are pirating software) that have actually done anything thus far.

BlackBerry has tried to offer the best of both worlds and yet people still ***** and moan. First world problems continue.

Posted from my 295ppi super amoled s stripe 720p Z30
    h20work likes this.
    11-15-13 10:33 AM
    Also, if SideloadV2 does go public and the general public has as many app issues as the leak users are having it won't do a lot to inspire confidence in BBRY.

Very naive opinion. The more hard-core BB users get exposed to the plethora of Android apps, the more likely they will buy a Google certified android as their next device.
    11-15-13 10:38 AM
    It seems some people are confused about 2.1. You do not need USB cables, you do not need to side load or convert. You simply download the app from an app store or from the browser. It's quite simple

Don't think they want to hear that.
    missing_K-W and gogogamera like this.
    11-15-13 10:38 AM
    My next complain is that there is no Apple when I start the phone lol

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    11-15-13 10:39 AM
    Don't think they want to hear that.
    Question? I have a z10 with the 10.2.0.1791 leak installed on it. When I try to search the BB App World to find the Blackberry Android runtime app, it doe not show up? I have tried to search it using my z10 inside BB World and I have logged into my BB App World account online with my PC and nothing shows up when I search for it? I have also searched for Android Runtime, Android, Runtime and all that shows up is some Task Killing app?

How do I find that app which might fix the issues I am having? I can't side-load so that's not an option at the moment, any help would be appreciated. I using a z10 which is locked to T-Mobile USA network..
    11-15-13 10:47 AM
    Would be really cool to see live chat support directly in Link ;-)

BB Protect and Link need to be improved. Also, bring back BB traffic
    11-15-13 10:48 AM
    Just downloaded and installed, created an account. Works!

How's mobile deposit on your banking app working out?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-15-13 10:49 AM
    Native... I don't like the whole installing android apks or converting them to bars. Native or no. >.>
    11-15-13 10:49 AM
    Come on!! Really? The app gap is closed? When the apps are designed for BB10 and not for an Android device then the gap will be closed. As it stands now we can download ANDROID apps, hope we get all the features of the app, and then check back frequently when for an update which we weren't notified about. Android is a crutch for BB10 to lean on. And until that goes away the gap is still there.
    Seriously? What a childish point of view

bradu1 likes this.
    11-15-13 10:50 AM
    Seriously? What a childish point of view

The truth is a childish point of view?
    11-15-13 10:51 AM
    Native... I don't like the whole installing android apks or converting them to bars. Native or no. >.>
    You don't have to!!!!!!!!!!!! The new os runs apk files!!

gogogamera likes this.
    11-15-13 10:51 AM
    The truth is a childish point of view?
    That's like saying I shouldn't watch Sony movies on my Samsung TV. If the app runs great with ease what is the deal?

gogogamera and bradu1 like this.
    11-15-13 10:53 AM
    Question? I have a z10 with the 10.2.0.1791 leak installed on it. When I try to search the BB App World to find the Blackberry Android runtime app, it doe not show up? I have tried to search it using my z10 inside BB World and I have logged into my BB App World account online with my PC and nothing shows up when I search for it? I have also searched for Android Runtime, Android, Runtime and all that shows up is some Task Killing app?

How do I find that app which might fix the issues I am having? I can't side-load so that's not an option at the moment, any help would be appreciated. I using a z10 which is locked to T-Mobile USA network..
    You need to install yet another leak unless you want to wait until January 2014 when the official carrier updates will be pushed. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...3/index42.html
    11-15-13 10:53 AM
    That's like saying I shouldn't watch Sony movies on my Samsung TV. If the app runs great with ease what is the deal?

That's not even close to saying the same thing. Like I said, when the apps are DESIGNED AND MADE for BB10 then the app gap will be closed. Until then we are getting a half baked experience of an Android app on BB10.
    11-15-13 10:54 AM
    No home button

Posted via CB10
    Ha!

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 10:56 AM
    forget instagram Ashley

Instagram fan Qbnkelt wants to go go either Google Play Store or BlackBerry world and get the app OTA and get updates OTA.

If Instagram fan Qbnkelt can do that from her device, then I stand corrected. If that is not possible, then Instagram fan Qbnkelt considers the app gap to remain firmly in place.

Always such a Debbie Downer; you alone singly almost ruin this entire awesome site, well at least the forum's, for me...

Sincere question: Is there any way to "block" somebody so their posts/replies just do not visibly show up to you? Obviously not on a per message basis as that would totally defeat the purpose, but instead en masse, and in advance, to include all future (negative, depressing, often patronizing, consistently condescending, and in a master stroke of next-level annoyance, now third-person) posts?

Apologies if there is in fact some simple, well known, way to do this that I am not aware of. Thank you very much to the great majority of the community (and by the way, I do NOT think that healthy debate should be eliminated; I also would definitely not go so far as to say the recent update “closes the app gap” completely, purely because the average user needs everything simple and spoon fed, but this is certainly a huge step in the right direction from traditional “side-loading”… regardless of some opinions).

One last thing: this is nothing more than a personal opinion and most certainly not some big "attack" etc. I just want to be able to continue to browse, and very occasionally post, to the forum’s and if the above request is not possible just don’t see that being possible any longer.

Thanks again all, take care and have a great weekend!
    mnc76 and bfunkera like this.
    11-15-13 10:57 AM
    You don't have to!!!!!!!!!!!! The new os runs apk files!!

No, the leaked OS does. When is it going official to be installed on all bb10 phones?
    11-15-13 10:58 AM
    My only complaint would be customization I didnt really care about the app gap as much though.
    11-15-13 10:58 AM
    Always such a Debbie Downer; you alone singly almost ruin this entire awesome site, well at least the forum's, for me...

Sincere question: Is there any way to "block" somebody so their posts/replies just do not visibly show up to you? Obviously not on a per message basis as that would totally defeat the purpose, but instead en masse, and in advance, to include all future (negative, depressing, often patronizing, consistently condescending, and in a master stroke of next-level annoyance, now third-person) posts?

Apologies if there is in fact some simple, well known, way to do this that I am not aware of. Thank you very much to the great majority of the community (and by the way, I do NOT think that healthy debate should be eliminated; I also would definitely not go so far as to say the recent update “closes the app gap” completely, purely because the average user needs everything simple and spoon fed, but this is certainly a huge step in the right direction from traditional “side-loading”… regardless of some opinions).

One last thing: this is nothing more than a personal opinion and most certainly not some big "attack" etc. I just want to be able to continue to browse, and very occasionally post, to the forum’s and if the above request is not possible just don’t see that being possible any longer.

Good to their forum profile and find ignore. You will still see posts if someone quotes them.
    11-15-13 11:00 AM
    You need to install yet another leak unless you want to wait until January 2014 when the official carrier updates will be pushed. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...3/index42.html
    I appreciate the updated information, looks like I am the iPhone 5 until then, it will probably be spring because I am from a USA carrier and based on how well the carriers here have pushed out updates, the rest is history. Oh well, I can't use the z10 with the current leak 10.2.0.1791 if some of my apps are not working properly.

The positive news is I received the IOS 7.4 and the latest IOS BBM app updates today which fixed allot of the issues I had with IOS. The sad part is if Blackberry and/or these USA carriers would have done the same, I would be using my z10 right now?
    11-15-13 11:02 AM

forum profile>add to ignore list...
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    11-15-13 11:02 AM
    Umm.....app gap is not gone...its still very present.

Only us blackberry fanatics and tech nerds have apk files installed and have loaded 10.2.1 on our devices.

The average joe doesnt know how to do the above mentioned things and they would consider it a hassle to do it.

Until the day (not sure when or if it will come) that all bb users can readilly have apps available to download whether it be the bb world or google play store.....app gap will continue to exist
    True! Most people are too lazy or ignorant to try to update their sh1t, they'll always have 10.1
    mkelley65 likes this.
    11-15-13 11:04 AM
1,792 ... 45678 ...