Hey ashley. Get all your apps from 1mobile. She's a big girl, it's not so hard

Posted from my 295ppi super amoled s stripe 720p Z30
    Could you please advise working snapchat APK
    11-15-13 09:28 AM
    Installed Instagram, Netflix, Google Earth, Youtube, and every other worthwhile Android app that was missing. So whats the big complaint now? 10.2.1 seems to have fixed what people didnt like about BB10... Great os but no apps. Now its a great os with every app.
    We don't have a cult leader, and a marketing team that makes you believe you are part of something that is bigger than your existence. No commercials ramming BB10 down your throat.
    11-15-13 09:29 AM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    not interested in installing leaks .. so when can I download LINE from the blackberry app store?......
    MarsupilamiX and techvisor like this.
    11-15-13 09:30 AM
    http://www.1mobile.com/redirect/com.snapchat.android .
    snapchat

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055
    11-15-13 09:30 AM
    Why does it always have to be an extreme of "the app gap is gone". How about this: There is a lot more apps now that function better, but there is still a gap.

I'm happy about this update and its working well for many things for me but it is far from perfect, far from every apk works, and the installation process is still not for your everyday person. A good step forward but not "the app gap is gone"
    11-15-13 09:32 AM
    not interested in installing leaks .. so when can I download LINE from the blackberry app store?......
    if you rely on video calls through line... dont hold your breathe... as sideloading or downloading on 10.2.1 doesnt have a fully functional line app
    11-15-13 09:32 AM
    This makes me think of a more chilly reality, where BB will soon come out after 10.2.1's launch and say:

"Alright, we made is so you can now load Android applications... Because were abandoning devices together and focusing on a MDM strategy only. BBWorld maybe going but don't worry, Android has your back."

It's like they are preparing for the inevitable. (Ironically with this feeling anyways, I went out and bought a z30 ... lol).
    LOL... I hear ya. I want one too.

Seriously, even though your post might have been tongue-in-cheek, this move does make me a bit nervous becuase it feels like a last hurrah type of move to me. I know most will disagree with me, but there is something that feels a bit terminal about it, and I don't like it.

Post for a different thread...
    menaknow likes this.
    11-15-13 09:34 AM
    Why does it always have to be an extreme of "the app gap is gone". How about this: There is a lot more apps now that function better, but there is still a gap.

I'm happy about this update and its working well for many things for me but it is far from perfect, far from every apk works, and the installation process is still not for your everyday person. A good step forward but not "the app gap is gone"
    Exactly.
    11-15-13 09:35 AM
    I think we have the answer. " why can't I download it via the app store ".
    You can now close the thread.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 09:35 AM
    I've looked all over Verizon and no 10.2.1. Hell, there is no 10.2.anything. How does this help a Verizon employee, who doesn't actually hate BB, sell a phone today? It doesn't. It's a method for fans to work around the shortcomings of their "great" phone.

Until Google developers get pissed and figure out how to stop app piracy.
    Actually the Verizon version of the z30 that is selling is 10.2.0.
    11-15-13 09:36 AM
    We don't have a cult leader, and a marketing team that makes you believe you are part of something that is bigger than your existence. No commercials ramming BB10 down your throat.
    Don't sell BB10 short. We had Thor, the industry-changing Wake Up movement and the beautiful "Tools Not Toys" campaign.

BBRY goes big too.
    11-15-13 09:37 AM
    you know what would be needed? The actual command button as you have on android devices, like the backward button..

i find myself hiding and un hiding the grey app bar too many times.

on certain apps there is no return button

It would be nice if somehow blackberry could make shortcuts of these button from the keyboard or the up/down volume buttons
    11-15-13 09:37 AM
    Could you please advise working snapchat APK
    Just downloaded and installed, created an account. Works!

Posted from my 295ppi super amoled s stripe 720p Z30
    11-15-13 09:38 AM
    what version youtube you installed ??
    5.2.27 installing but keep giving an error that i should check network connection or sys time now working
    Last edited by Eric Yong; 11-15-13 at 10:00 AM.
    11-15-13 09:39 AM
    Actually the Verizon version of the z30 that is selling is 10.2.0.
    Good point. How about for all the other phones?
    11-15-13 09:39 AM
    LOL... I hear ya. I want one too.

Seriously, even though your post might have been tongue-in-cheek, this move does make me a bit nervous becuase it feels like a last hurrah type of move to me. I know most will disagree with me, but there is something that feels a bit terminal about it, and I don't like it.

Post for a different thread...
    No I was being serious. It does feel like a "admit defeat move" and move on...

Only reason I bought the phone anyways, was the original checklist was longer battery life, better antenna for calls and the Hub. After I realized the above doesn't affect my reasons I bought the phone. In 2 years, I'll be on my next device by then.

Ironically I did the same thing with Windows Mobile 6 (predeccessor of Windows Phone 7) when it was a year before it's death... But hey it functioned the way I wanted it at the time (no regrets).
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-15-13 09:42 AM
    To answer the question BB fan boys will be clamoring over Google Now next.

Rofl
    11-15-13 09:42 AM
    App gap for me it's too much of a perception question. Some people would say that between 1M and 500K app, there is a gap. Other would say that it's the same as long as the important apps are there.

I would say, as long as you find what you need, perfect. BlackBerry is making an important move here to make the app "world" more open and accessible. The best world would be that apps are in the future universal to all platforms.

Posted via CB10
    GS51, missing_K-W and pcguy514 like this.
    11-15-13 09:43 AM
    The app gap problem will be ameliorated seeing 10.2.x is still rolling out very slowly among the carriers. The problem is never gone until all those "most wanted" apps are native BlackBerry 10 apps.
    11-15-13 09:53 AM
    Panoramic Picture native option...is the next complaint
    11-15-13 10:01 AM
    And I believe you have just illustrated why market share is at 1.7% and the stock is here.

A little promotional pizzazz would have done wonders.

Sent from whichever BBM carrying device I happen to grab, via Tapatalk
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-15-13 10:04 AM
    The next complaint (which is already here) is that BB10 does not look colorful and futuristic enough.
    11-15-13 10:06 AM
    No walled-garden. I like to have no flexibility with my OS
    11-15-13 10:11 AM
    How exactly is the app gap gone? Native Google play access?

oh...you must mean for the "vast" numbers of users using a leak, on the 1 device that supports it, and using (what I like to call) sideloadV2? Yeauh, the app gap is gone alright and ALL the apps work perfectly, right?. Good call...

Bug free leak too I see... http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-fixes-873158/

Installed Instagram, Netflix, Google Earth, Youtube, and every other worthwhile Android app that was missing. So whats the big complaint now? 10.2.1 seems to have fixed what people didnt like about BB10... Great os but no apps. Now its a great os with every app.
    Last edited by xandermac; 11-15-13 at 10:46 AM.
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-15-13 10:25 AM
    11-15-13 10:26 AM
1,792 ... 34567 ...