Y'all must be high off tryptophan LOL.
    11-28-13 11:20 PM
    There's an app for that!
    Yeah, but you sold your iWotist and we can't pirate sorry, sideload, I mean directly install Apple apps on BB10
    Not by me
    Lmao!!

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    Y'all must be high off tryptophan LOL.
    I'm all out.
    Yeah, but you sold your iWotist and we can't pirate sorry, sideload, I mean directly install Apple apps on BB10
    NO???? Or is that in 10.3?
    11-28-13 11:22 PM
    NO???? Or is that in 10.3?
    I heard 10.5
    11-28-13 11:33 PM
    "Genious"

12-02-13 09:27 AM
    I thought that I'd go back on topic again:
    We all know that the app gap isn't truly gone, so I'll just say something about the rest that still doesn't help BlackBerry to sell devices:

1) Ridiculous pricing strategy.
    Even though the Z10 finally went down in regards of pricing, the rest of the line-up is totally overpriced.
    Q5 and Z30 being the biggest culprits in that regard.

2) No balance feature, for people not being on a BES.
    It's a real USP. Just a shame that pretty much nobody will ever use it.

3) Slow updates.

4) Lack of customisation.

5) I always end up in the task switcher after peeking, even though I want to directly return to the app I used before.
    Actionable notifications only made that a little bit better.

6) Abysmal customer service.

7) Inexistant marketing.

That should suffice for today.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 10:22 AM
    The app gap is certainly gone when a user can fill their own app gap. Many, many users of 10.2.1 are doing just this.

The app gap is gone for users who choose to close their app gap

Pretty impressive that 10.2.1 is bringing the ability to access hundreds of thousands of apps. Definitely a huge development

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 12:48 PM
    The app gap is certainly gone when a some technical users can fill their own app gap. Many, many users on CB of 10.2.1 are doing just this.

The app gap is gone for users who choose to close their app gap and for those who choose not to load leaks and use unapproved stores it remains as always

Pretty impressive that 10.2.1 is bringing the ability to access hundreds of thousands of apps. Definitely a huge development if and when it ever becomes official with support from said stores and developers.

Posted via CB10
    FIFY
    12-02-13 01:00 PM
    The app gap is certainly gone when a user can fill their own app gap. Many, many users of 10.2.1 are doing just this.

The app gap is gone for users who choose to close their app gap

Pretty impressive that 10.2.1 is bringing the ability to access hundreds of thousands of apps. Definitely a huge development

Posted via CB10
    You never cease to amaze me.
    No, the app gap isn't gone in any meaningful way.

At best, it got smaller for people who are willing to do what the average consumer wouldn't do.

But KBZ already FIFY.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 01:46 PM

What was once a definite statement "the app gap being closed" has become a better framed (IMHO) question "is your PERSONAL app gap closed?"

I'll give KW credit. He seems to acknowledge that it isn't all roses for everyone.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-02-13 01:54 PM

What was once a definite statement "the app gap being closed" has become a better framed (IMHO) question "is your PERSONAL app gap closed?"

I'll give KW credit. He seems to acknowledge that it isn't all roses for everyone.
    No it is far from that in many cases. This is the important area that BlackBerry needs to address

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 01:57 PM
    You never cease to amaze me.
    No, the app gap isn't gone in any meaningful way.

At best, it got smaller for people who are willing to do what the average consumer wouldn't do.

But KBZ already FIFY.

Posted via CB10
    You should say that to everyone who has closed their app gap in this thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=879837

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 01:59 PM
    If an end user is able to obtain all the apps they need. then technically there is no app gap. It is what it is. Check the above thread. See what actual bb10 users are saying about the app gap. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 02:07 PM
    If an end user is able to obtain all the apps they need. then technically there is no app gap. It is what it is. Check the above thread. See what actual bb10 users are saying about the app gap. Thanks
    An app user has always been able to get the apps he/she needs. It's a question of how easy it is. Prior to sideloading and such, I could carry two devices. Effective, but not efficient IMHO.

I could install a leak (II admit I'm not as opposed to this I should be, even though I understand the ethical concerns; i just love tinkering), but I wouldn't use an off-brand app repository. I like an adventure, but some BB10 users live on the edge LOL. And I know a few developers that do not appreciate their apps being there. These guys would give me apks direct.

Or, I could just hit install on an Android device.
    12-02-13 02:33 PM
    An app user has always been able to get the apps he/she needs. It's a question of how easy it is. Prior to sideloading and such, I could carry two devices. Effective, but not efficient IMHO.

I could install a leak (II admit I'm not as opposed to this I should be, even though I understand the ethical concerns; i just love tinkering), but I wouldn't use an off-brand app repository. I like an adventure, but some BB10 users live on the edge LOL. And I know a few developers that do not appreciate their apps being there. These guys would give me apks direct.

Or, I could just hit install on an Android device.
    I posted a how to install the amazon app store in this thread first page. Users have actually been pm'ing me on how easy it is.

One user couldn't get it to work. However he was only on 10.2....as opposed to 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 02:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    The point is to get non bb users is it not? So ask them and see what they say. It doesn't matter what current bb owners say because they buy them anyway.
    12-02-13 03:29 PM
    The point is to get non bb users is it not? So ask them and see what they say. It doesn't matter what current bb owners say because they buy them anyway.
    A potential customer being aware that BlackBerry now supports hundreds of thousands of apps is massive. For an informed potential consumer. This is major incentive

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 03:32 PM
    You should say that to everyone who has closed their app gap in this thread

Posted via CB10
    There will be about 1 billion smartphones sold this year.
    How representative is this thread concerning that sample size?

If you think that you'll sway 999.999.997 consumers with sideloading, then I'd say that the way you perceive reality, differs vastly from the beliefs of the vox populi.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-02-13 04:00 PM
    There will be about 1 billion smartphones sold this year.
    How representative is this thread concerning that sample size?

If you think that you'll sway 999.999.997 consumers with sideloading, then I'd say that the way you perceive reality, differs vastly from the beliefs of the vox populi.

Posted via CB10
    NO MORE SIDE LOADING WITH 10.2.1

Having hundreds of thousands of apps available to the platform with 10.2.1 will help adoption.

It is very simple to obtain apps

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 04:33 PM

Having hundreds of thousands of apps available to the platform with 10.2.1 will help adoption.

Posted via CB10

It's sideloading

"What is sideloading?
    It's a term you see a lot thrown around while talking about Android applications, and it's simple to explain. It means installing applications without using the official Android Market. What's less simple is how it's done and why you would do it. That's where this post comes in:
    Let's explain it, shall we?"
    http://www.androidcentral.com/what-s...ding-android-z

And no, it's still not seamless enough for the vast majority of future smartphone buyers.
    Heck, is not even suitable for everyone who already uses BB10.

Quit the Neverland Ranch and join us in the realm of reality, would you?

Posted via CB10
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    12-02-13 04:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    You have to side load the leaked OS that runs the APK's. Also since BlackBerry and Chen just said they are focusing on business, how many BES admins are going to be allowing Android app stores to be loaded on the device. The solution you are touting is still not going to jive with the vast majority of consumers since other platforms have a single, simple, integrated solution. It is simply going to keep the people that get thrills out of running leaks to be happy. I'm not saying this capability doesn't have potential, but it's current form is pretty useless to attract new users IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX and xandermac like this.
    12-02-13 04:49 PM
    You have to side load the leaked OS that runs the APK's. Also since BlackBerry and Chen just said they are focusing on business, how many BES admins are going to be allowing Android app stores to be loaded on the device. The solution you are touting is still not going to jive with the vast majority of consumers since other platforms have a single, simple, integrated solution. It is simply going to keep the people that get thrills out of running leaks to be happy. I'm not saying this capability doesn't have potential, but it's current form is pretty useless to attract new users IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    I thought that it dies not matter because you have balance?

All you need to do is use vine on your own time....
    12-02-13 05:06 PM
    From Clewley's channel...

Last edited by canuckvoip; 12-02-13 at 05:21 PM.
    missing_K-W and flyingsolid like this.
    12-02-13 05:09 PM
1,792 ... 69707172