Channels was released today.
    I wonder how long it will be before Voice/Video/Channels will be released cross platform.
    paper_monkey likes this.
    11-26-13 11:50 PM
    I wonder how long it will be before Voice/Video/Channels will be released cross platform.
    I'm not a big fan of channels and where it seems to be taking BBM but I realize that this is exactly the kind of thing that can appeal to a wider market that could allow BBRY to generate a stable income stream which would take a bit of the pressure of BB10 and the handsets. Let them diversify a little and regroup.
    11-27-13 08:29 AM
    I've heard First Quarter, 2014.

Geeks United C00122408
    MERCDROID, bradu1 and Anilu7 like this.
    11-27-13 10:13 AM
    Amazon has already stated that while they don't support BB10 devices, users are welcome to use the store. Also per Amazon's agreement with devs, it clearly states that the dev has to agree to allow the app to be used on non-Android devices. So it appears that using Amazon is a completely legal way to get apps.

Posted via CB10
    I have been finding many of my favorite there.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 07:55 AM
    Still on 10.1...still an app gap here.

Posted via my Q10
    11-28-13 08:00 AM
    Still on 10.1...still an app gap here.

Posted via my Q10
    Upgrade fine sir

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 08:03 AM
    Upgrade fine sir

Posted via CB10
    I don't install leaks. Most people don't. I don't even have 10.2 available to me officially yet. Frankly life is to busy for me to have to tinker with phones and risk messing one up or potentially making it less reliable. If I did have all that time, wanted to tinker, and didn't care about reliability I'd be using a native Android device. BlackBerry needs to get these features out of leak and into GA! The final solution needs to be simple and supported by all parties required to get the APK'S . Telling people to install leaks and Chinese app stores as the magic bullet to fix all of the current BB10 deficiencies is not a real solution.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by lnichols; 11-28-13 at 09:43 AM.
    11-28-13 08:23 AM
    It's funny, for all the people advising users to install leaks, I'm having major problems with whatsapp on my official released Os, and whatsapp supports first response to me was 'it appears you're using a leaked or unreleased Os, sorry we can't help you'.
    Once I set them straight it transpired they couldn't help anyway as they say the hub is very poorly coded and likely broken on my install, but it's worth keeping in mind using leaked oses ought not to be advised to people who want support and troubleshooting from devs.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 09:44 AM
    It's funny, for all the people advising users to install leaks, I'm having major problems with whatsapp on my official released Os, and whatsapp supports first response to me was 'it appears you're using a leaked or unreleased Os, sorry we can't help you'.
    Once I set them straight it transpired they couldn't help anyway as they say the hub is very poorly coded and likely broken on my install, but it's worth keeping in mind using leaked oses ought not to be advised to people who want support and troubleshooting from devs.

Posted via CB10
    It's no surprise that's the response that WhatsApp gave you. Use a real messenger.

Should I say it?

:-)

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    11-28-13 03:45 PM
    It's no surprise that's the response that WhatsApp gave you. Use a real messenger.

Should I say it?

Hangouts? I kid, I kid

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    11-28-13 03:55 PM
    Hangouts? I kid, I kid

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Lmao!

11-28-13 03:57 PM
    I don't install leaks. Most people don't. I don't even have 10.2 available to me officially yet. Frankly life is to busy for me to have to tinker with phones and risk messing one up or potentially making it less reliable. If I did have all that time, wanted to tinker, and didn't care about reliability I'd be using a native Android device. BlackBerry needs to get these features out of leak and into GA! The final solution needs to be simple and supported by all parties required to get the APK'S . Telling people to install leaks and Chinese app stores as the magic bullet to fix all of the current BB10 deficiencies is not a real solution.

Posted via CB10
    Excellent points; totally agree.
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-28-13 05:00 PM

Should I say it?

And I get called "condescending"?

When using any app that's supposed to work well on BB10 you can expect support from the dev(s).
    11-28-13 05:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree with you.

Been there with a few BB10 apps that don't work as well as they should with the hub.

Using a leak isn't a "fix".
    11-28-13 05:03 PM
    And I get called "condescending"?

When using any app that's supposed to work well on BB10 you can expect support from the dev(s).
    I've never called you condescending CJ. Plenty of other posters I have though.

Congrats on top listed channel btw!!

11-28-13 06:02 PM
    A million apps is a little excessive for any phone and user. I know that iPhone has apps like Harvard and Yale that act as a mobile tour guide for the schools. Princeton too. Those kind of apps intrigue me. But doesn't the blackberry 10 support flixter, Evernote, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and the rest of the staple apps? I'd say 150k apps is quite sufficient to get one through their day.

I'm excited to know if BB has any writing apps. I found one on my iPhone called A Novel Idea but the app is kind of scattered.

All in all I think most of the apps for iPhone and Android are baseless and useless. So the selection carried on the BB is quite sufficient.
    11-28-13 06:17 PM
    I've never called you condescending CJ. Plenty of other posters I have though.

Congrats on top listed channel btw!!

I never said you called me condescending; I was just pointing out that if I'd posted what you did I'd have been called condescending by others.

Thank you for the congratulations
    Anilu7 and bradu1 like this.
    11-28-13 08:34 PM
    I never said you called me condescending; I was just pointing out that if I'd posted what you did I'd have been called condescending by others.

Thank you for the congratulations
    I've been called a lot worse.

Anilu7 likes this.
    11-28-13 09:15 PM
    My brothers iPhone erased all of his contacts every month or two like it was timed. No one could get it to stop. No amount of rebooting or wiping of the phone and reinstalling the OS or "Apple Genious" could fix it. Are all iPhones giant pieces of sh? ...well yes but you know what I'm trying to get at.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 10:11 PM
    I've been called a lot worse.

Not by me
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-28-13 10:59 PM
    Not by me
    CJH. The nicest guy on CB

Posted via CB10
    Pete The Penguin and Anilu7 like this.