What's next?
    People stating that it's piracy or not.

The future is black....
    11-25-13 11:21 AM
    So now that the app gap is close here is the next complaint:

I am running 10.2.1. I have noticed it is a bit slow and has a few bugs/ debugging software running.

My z10 now feels like an Android device. I can't wait to get the official software

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 11:31 AM
    So now that the app gap is close here is the next complaint:

I am running 10.2.1. I have noticed it is a bit slow and has a few bugs/ debugging software running.

My z10 now feels like an Android device. I can't wait to get the official software

Posted via CB10
    I had a few issues in the beginning, too. But now that I downloaded all the .bar files, issues are fixed!
    Pretty big upgrade from 10.2.0
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-25-13 12:10 PM
    What's next?
    People stating that it's piracy or not.

The future is black....
    Thought that discussion had already happened lol

Posted via CB10
    paper_monkey likes this.
    11-25-13 12:39 PM
    We now have more apps supported onBB10 than the Android platform!

We have BB10 native apps. Android native apps etc. This is massively huge.

BB10 users are now the second largest app platform come the official launch of 10.2.1. Just massive for the platform.

Can't wait till the media picks this up!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 02:22 PM
    We now have more apps supported onBB10 than the Android platform!

We have BB10 native apps. Android native apps etc. This is massively huge.

BB10 users are now the second largest app platform come the official launch of 10.2.1. Just massive for the platform.

Can't wait till the media picks this up!

Posted via CB10
    It's like you're begggggggggggging for a response. Just begging.
    Bet you're surprised no one's bitten yet.
    Some grown ups on here after all, haha.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-25-13 02:25 PM
    It's like you're begggggggggggging for a response. Just begging.
    Bet you're surprised no one's bitten yet.
    Some grown ups on here after all, haha.
    I'm just stating my opinion. It is impressive we will have more apps on the BB10 platform than Android.

Blackberry World plus 3rd party apps stores is huge.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 02:29 PM
    I'm just happy the app gap is officially closed

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 02:36 PM
    From Alec Saunders,

You'll have the ability to download APK's from any source and install them on BlackBerry 10 when we launch 10.2.1. We recommend you choose trusted sources given the well documented issues with malware on Android. BlackBerry World will not contain APK's however. BlackBerry World will remain the trusted curated source for applications vetted by us. Android applications found there will have to be signed and repackaged by the developer, and tested and vetted by us before they can be released via BlackBerry World.

See Upping our game for Android support: Easily bring your Android app to BlackBerry World «BlackBerry Developer Blog for more details.

Hope that's clear enough.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...92/index2.html

See post 36
    11-25-13 02:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    That will only matter if it closes the consumer gap.

No guarantee that the method used to close the app gap will resolve that as the delivery mechanism is unorthadox in the mobile OS war.
    11-25-13 02:56 PM
    From Alec Saunders,

You'll have the ability to download APK's from any source and install them on BlackBerry 10 when we launch 10.2.1. We recommend you choose trusted sources given the well documented issues with malware on Android. BlackBerry World will not contain APK's however. BlackBerry World will remain the trusted curated source for applications vetted by us. Android applications found there will have to be signed and repackaged by the developer, and tested and vetted by us before they can be released via BlackBerry World.

See Upping our game for Android support: Easily bring your Android app to BlackBerry World «BlackBerry Developer Blog for more details.

Hope that's clear enough.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...92/index2.html

See post 36
    What is a trusted source? And how does the consumer know about it. Will it be preloaded on the next update and an alternative app world app? Or are they gonna leve it to the trusty crack berry members to spread the good word to the consumer that doesn't even know this site exists??...

Furthermore, I still maintain that apps that Don't work fully , such as no push notifications, bloated screen, closing g on splash screen, lack of full features are not a solution to the app gap.. honestly why would anyone settle for this!!!!!!! How can anyone settle for the lowest standard as long as it works 'well enough'

There's go.nna ( the typical name the app that doesn't work, and ur a troll posts in response to this, as if I've just made this all up.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 03:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    The app gap is not officially closed. It's nowhere near officially closed!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 03:26 PM
    No you cannot, just like other android phones without Google services. You will have to play the game in hard mode and beat it without wasting your money lol

Sent from my Z30
    So, the app gap IS NOT closed for if you have access to Google services?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using CB Forums mobile app
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-25-13 03:28 PM
    This is good for us current fans and users of bb10, however, this won't persuade the android user to jump ship. Not at all. Unfortunately. This won't close the market gap. The biggest advantage of BB10 has been the os, and if this, almost a year later, hasn't put a dent on the market, repackaging android apps onto a year old phone likely won't turn things around -- even if the belief was that the reason for lack of sales was apps to being with. There needs to be more rewards for the consumers. Updated and new devices sold at a cheaper price, for example.

Posted via CB10
    amjass12 likes this.
    11-25-13 03:32 PM
    What is a trusted source? And how does the consumer know about it. Will it be preloaded on the next update and an alternative app world app? Or are they gonna leve it to the trusty crack berry members to spread the good word to the consumer that doesn't even know this site exists??...

Furthermore, I still maintain that apps that Don't work fully , such as no push notifications, bloated screen, closing g on splash screen, lack of full features are not a solution to the app gap.. honestly why would anyone settle for this!!!!!!! How can anyone settle for the lowest standard as long as it works 'well enough'

There's go.nna ( the typical name the app that doesn't work, and ur a troll posts in response to this, as if I've just made this all up.

Posted via CB10
    Just as with everything in life one must use their own discretion. One must discern on a pc for example. One will have to do the same with their mobile experience.

With mobile computing there comes more choice. More flexibility for one to go about their mobile experience without the confines of a walled garden.

I am pro, " more options more choice"

Users will have to use the same discretion as using an Android device that doesn't support Google Play

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 03:33 PM
    The app gap is not officially closed. It's nowhere near officially closed!!!

Posted via CB10
    It will come the official launch of 10.2.1. Users will be able to obtain the apps they need for their mobile experience

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 03:34 PM
    This is good for us current fans and users of bb10, however, this won't persuade the android user to jump ship. Not at all. Unfortunately. This won't close the market gap. The biggest advantage of BB10 has been the os, and if this, almost a year later, hasn't put a dent on the market, repackaging android apps onto a year old phone likely won't turn things around -- even if the belief was that the reason for lack of sales was apps to being with. There needs to be more rewards for the consumers. Updated and new devices sold at a cheaper price, for example.
    I don't disagree. You'll have the two or three that will crow that this will leapfrog the competition, but when you look at it through in introspective lens, I think most thinkers will come to the same conclusion: this doesn't change the status quo.

On the other hand, it seemingly makes a strong, tinkering subset of current users happy, and in that alone, it is a win. Keeping current customers happy is always a challenge, and I think the expanded runtime might accomplish that.
    11-25-13 03:37 PM
    Just as with everything in life one must use their own discretion. One must discern on a pc for example. One will have to do the same with their mobile experience.

With mobile computing there comes more choice. More flexibility for one to go about their mobile experience without the confines of a walled garden.

I am pro, " more options more choice"

Users will have to use the same discretion as using an Android device that doesn't support Google Play

Posted via CB10
    The majority of android devices are well equipped, if it were truly the way u make out. Bb10 runs android better than android etc, the android would not have the majority of the world's smartphone market share. They r on par with apples app numbers.

Posted via CB10
    MERCDROID likes this.
    11-25-13 03:43 PM
    And no. Ur standard consumer does not care to tinker and discover things outside of their smartphone to put in their smartphone! It'd either there... or don't bother. The attitude u have is precisely why blackberry are I. The state they r in. They have a similar attitude.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 03:45 PM
    Well BB10 has had porting ability of Android apps before and it hasn't helped much and the quality of what has shown up is lacking IMHO. Also will BlackBerry be allowing APK directly in App World? Broad statements and assumptions being made all over the forum when no one knows if this is the solution for sure.

Posted via CB10
    I was being ironic.

The problem with hacks like this is that they are built on platform idiosyncrasies and have no resilience to future change. So at best they have a maintenance headache and at worst the house of cards comes tumbling down.
    Why invest in the BB ecosystem on the hope it'll run android apps for the foreseeable future?

Geeks United C00122408
    11-25-13 03:46 PM
    I was being ironic.

The problem with hacks like this is that they are built on platform idiosyncrasies and have no resilience to future change. So at best they have a maintenance headache and at worst the house of cards comes tumbling down.
    Why invest in the BB ecosystem on the hope it'll run android apps for the foreseeable future?

Geeks United C00122408
    So you are implying that Google's ART will not be supported in the future in BB10?

The current BB10 android runtime is within user protected space. So realistically we can swap in the ART at any point.

The beauty of the microkernel
    Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 03:47 PM
    Well BB10 has had porting ability of Android apps before and it hasn't helped much and the quality of what has shown up is lacking IMHO. Also will BlackBerry be allowing APK directly in App World? Broad statements and assumptions being made all over the forum when no one knows if this is the solution for sure.

Posted via CB10
    They won't be allowing APK direct submissions to BB world in the future. I asked Alec a few days ago when the leak first came out

So now that the App Gap is gone, whats the next complaint?-apk.png
    Anilu7 and MERCDROID like this.
    11-25-13 03:50 PM
    They won't be allowing APK direct submissions to BB world in the future. I asked Alec a few days ago when the leak first came out
    BBRY won't have to open up to apks.. Now, that's the brilliance of this: consumers can procure apps by themselves.

Genius.
    11-25-13 03:53 PM
    BBRY won't have to open up to apks.. Now, that's the brilliance of this: consumers can procure apps by themselves.

Genius.
    Well blackberry is calling bb10 a mobile computing platform. With this comes more flexibility and choice. Users should be allowed to procure their own content with freedom of choice

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 03:55 PM
    Well blackberry is calling bb10 a mobile computing platform. With this comes more flexibility and choice. Users should be allowed to procure their own content with freedom of choice
    I completely agree. Choice is always good. This is another choice.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-25-13 04:00 PM
1,792 ... 6667686970 ...