************Scarlett detour****************

Attachment 222738
    Attachment 222739
    Attachment 222740

************BACK TO REGULARLY SCHEDULED FIGHTING*******************
    Cute puppers qbn

Geeks United C00122408
    11-20-13 05:59 PM
    marketing is still the original problem though.... they don't even say that BB10 contains a android player and that's a problem... should be listed in the features

Posted via CB10
    Really, because when I got my Q10 I thought I could get Android programs and run them and wasn't happy with the reality. It didn't matter much, I got it for the keyboard but it would have been nice to have a better situation.
    11-20-13 06:14 PM
    Well, firmly back on topic, here you go... Playbookster got a reply...

Attachment 222776
    Great. Finally a clearer answer from Amazon, indicating they are OK with you using the app store (i.e. they will not be after you for violating their ToS), but at the same time acknowledging they won't provide support if something goes wrong.

But I kind of feel for the department that had to deal with all these requests
    11-20-13 07:29 PM

Yes... all three of them... OMG...
    :>)
    11-20-13 08:25 PM
    You don't seem to understand. We get the whole amazon app world experience. This isn't, what has it been called? Scraping? No, if it's a paid app, we need to buy it. If we're getting a movie from the amazon store, we need to pay for it. Using the amazon app store on my Z10 is no different than using it on the SG3 I just installed it on last night to see the difference. Are you under the impression that we are stealing from it? No.

When you go to amazon, through your browser, and click on aop store, it pops up with a 'download our app' well, heck, if I'm invited I'm gonna do it! Open the app and shop their appstore, just like you would on any full android phone.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    "The thing is it is available on blackberry, it's a very canned answer. I think someone from cb should try to get a more official response from a more senior employee."

and this is the portion of the response I was referring to. Just because it is possible to have it on your device does not make it legal. How many times does it need to be repeated that the issue is not whether you can physically get it on your device, rather is it legal to do so and the answer is no. full stop.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-20-13 09:26 PM
    No its not required, but if you want any credibility then owning a bb10 phone is a good thing to have. Especially one with the latest software, not a bought at launch and sold a month later kind of scenario.

Sent from my Z30
    So I have to illegally load a leaked OS and void my warranty to have any credibility on this forum?
    interesting.
    11-20-13 09:29 PM
    OK, I'll play along since this thread is clearly about me now.

You keep talking about perspective.

How has the perspective changed?

An honest question.
    Because clearly you're incapable of having a reliable perspective on the legality of leaks and copyright/contract law if you don't have a BB10 device in your pocket right this very second.

Might be interesting to hear KW's thoughts on what we should think about his comments and perspective having declared that he hasn't loaded 10.2.1 yet.
    11-20-13 09:47 PM
    Great. Finally a clearer answer from Amazon, indicating they are OK with you using the app store (i.e. they will not be after you for violating their ToS), but at the same time acknowledging they won't provide support if something goes wrong.

It's just a shame it came from a CSR and not the legal department but if the official line from Amazon is that they support it we just have to wait for an official OS release and the informed discussion on what this means for users, devs, native apps and BlackBerry can begin.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-20-13 10:11 PM
    I dont like sideloads myself but if companies have no issue with it then neither do i. They can always lock it down if they really want to.

This thread though

Attachment 222916
    Last edited by alternator77; 11-21-13 at 12:39 AM.
    11-21-13 12:27 AM
    The app gap is closing...

So now that the App Gap is gone, whats the next complaint?-img_00000444.png

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 12:33 AM
    Matter of perspective? It's either an open forum or it's not. If you are allowed to have an opinion, everyone else is as well. That's the "open" part of open forum.

Still have no idea why you quoted me and started with "people who don't own a bb10".

You may want to look up the definition of condescending, I don't think it means what you think.it means.
    I read so much about how bad and leggy android is. I question how many of the people that claim this own androids. In my personal.experience, I've not come across a single bit of lag in android. However, they r the Samsung galaxy series starting from the galaxy 3 to note 2, so I can speak for them.. I've not experienced lag.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 01:08 AM
    Woops that post was meant for a comment about non bb10 owners commenting on bb

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 01:10 AM
    ************Scarlett detour****************

Attachment 222738
    Attachment 222739
    Attachment 222740

************BACK TO REGULARLY SCHEDULED FIGHTING*******************
    Nice!
    11-21-13 01:43 AM
    I think if amazon is happy for people to use their store on bb10 devices, that's fantastic.
    I think it's a cop out to say for all support we need to contact app devs, that's unfair, if they're happy for us to use the amazon app store on bb10, they should provide the same support they do on android. Not just take the cut as storekeeper, but pass on all problems to the dev who has no idea this is their stance.
    Cautiously optimistic, though if there are major issues I would expect this line to change quickly.
    Until it does though, I'm looking forward to 10.2.1 and trying some more apps, this is a good thing!

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 02:15 AM
    Not violating any law. What are the BlackBerry haters gonna make up next as the next barrier.

Posted via CB10
    What are BlackBerry haters? People who question and who want to make up their own minds about things and who don't blindly accept something an anonymous someone says on an internet forum when it comes to loading software on his/her device?

I thought that was the premier definition of a prosumer. An independent thinker. Silly me....
    11-21-13 03:27 AM
    I don't know... they all seem to have left?

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    Well people have lives....you know, trains to catch, day care to get to, supper to make, people to call, loved ones to hug....that kind of silly stuff.....

Or they might have found the other thread.
    11-21-13 03:30 AM

You're not violating Amazon's TOS (and when they explicitly say YOU'RE NOT BREAKING THE LAW, that's what they mean). You are running their store, and the apps you download from it, on Android. In this case, you're running Android as a VM within BB10, but that doesn't make it any less "Android".

This is no different from using Bluestacks to run APKs on a PC.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-21-13 03:52 AM
    You're not violating Amazon's TOS (and when they explicitly say YOU'RE NOT BREAKING THE LAW, that's what they mean). You are running their store, and the apps you download from it, on Android. In this case, you're running Android as a VM within BB10, but that doesn't make it any less "Android".

This is no different from using Bluestacks to run APKs on a PC.
    1) ToS are not a law. You should know that. As I mentioned in earlier posts, piracy is not an issue here as no modification is involved. However, agrrement/ToS violation is.

2) You are violating the ToS, which clearly says you can only use it on an Android device. Hence, no support for BB10. If running the store was in accordance with the ToS, they would not explicitly state they would not provide support for BB10.
    11-21-13 08:31 AM
    there is so much debate about the legality of having amazon store on bb10. the average consumer doesnt even know he/she can get it on their bb10 device as a way of getting around sideloading.. oh wait, they didnt know about that either!!! the average user doesnt even kno whether an app they r using from bbworld is native or an android port.

If blackberry dont officially have a partnership with amazon, or any other official android app vendor, then the average consumer wont even know about this. rendering this argument... pointless. and then theres the question of.. how many people will really have this apparent app gap filled??. if noone even knows of it apart from crackberry members. (some of whom claim this is it... app gap closed)
    bekkay and paper_monkey like this.
    11-21-13 08:49 AM
    From what I'm reading maybe 30% of the apps work, don't know which ones.

I'll give you all an AwesomeSauce over this if/when all apps work as intended and you can get support. Until then the app gap is very much still here but at least some people may get some apps to work that they want.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    11-21-13 08:55 AM
    there is so much debate about the legality of having amazon store on bb10. the average consumer doesnt even know he/she can get it on their bb10 device as a way of getting around sideloading.. oh wait, they didnt know about that either!!! the average user doesnt even kno whether an app they r using from bbworld is native or an android port.

If blackberry dont officially have a partnership with amazon, or any other official android app vendor, then the average consumer wont even know about this. rendering this argument... pointless. and then theres the question of.. how many people will really have this apparent app gap filled??. if noone even knows of it apart from crackberry members. (some of whom claim this is it... app gap closed)
    I think if the application says built for blackberry,it's native.

Sent from my SM-N900P using CB Forums mobile app
    11-21-13 08:57 AM
    1) ToS are not a law. You should know that. As I mentioned in earlier posts, piracy is not an issue here as no modification is involved. However, agrrement/ToS violation is.

2) You are violating the ToS, which clearly says you can only use it on an Android device. Hence, no support for BB10. If running the store was in accordance with the ToS, they would not explicitly state they would not provide support for BB10.
    So using BlueStacks to run APKs on a PC also violates ToS?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 09:11 AM
    What are BlackBerry haters? People who question and who want to make up their own minds about things and who don't blindly accept something an anonymous someone says on an internet forum when it comes to loading software on his/her device?

I thought that was the premier definition of a prosumer. An independent thinker. Silly me....
    Yes completely ignore what the amazon email said.

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-21-13 09:14 AM
    So using BlueStacks to run APKs on a PC also violates ToS?

Posted via CB10
    If you are using it to download the Amazon App Store, then yes. I am sure there is no official Amazon support for BlueStacks either.
    11-21-13 09:16 AM
    From what I'm reading maybe 30% of the apps work, don't know which ones.

I'll give you all an AwesomeSauce over this if/when all apps work as intended and you can get support. Until then the app gap is very much still here but at least some people may get some apps to work that they want.
    I'm around 50% success rate. Netflix works fine, hulu+ drops the volume after the commercials. Wells Fargo crashes instantly, Jeppesen Plan2nav runs but I can't get any charts to load due to the app not having Internet permissions (can't change) . Random games seem to work, but apps I want to use for work don't. Go figure...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-21-13 09:30 AM
1,792 ... 6061626364 ...