OK, further on question 1, why must there be an agreement with amazon!? It's not set up that way. You have a cheapo android phone that is not compliant with g play, head to Android and it asks you to download their app to use their store. Same as it does with the leaked BB10. Why would BlackBerry suddenly need an agreement when no one else does? Amazon set up their app store this way on purpose. So that they could get the most consumers purchasing from them as possible.

Think of it this way, Play store is costco, you need a card to shop. Amazon is wal mart, come one come all. Suddenly, one family needs to have a card to shop at Walmart? I don't think so.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    That's really between the user and Amazon. I think anything that impinges upon the right of developers to pick their marketplaces will be problematic, but I think that's what a formal agreement will help iron out.

If developers are getting paid, it's all good.

But will BBRY shut it down to other questionable sources?
    11-20-13 02:07 PM
    That accessory is supposed to be the driver....

Posted via CB10
    WHAT???
    11-20-13 02:07 PM
    Out if interest, how would you classify a device as 'Android '?

Feel It, Swipe It, Love It. BlackBerry Z10
    If it runs 'android' as an Os.
    If you look at bb10 devices you'll note they run 'bb10'. Not android.

Come on mate, you're smarter than to argue this.
    Amazon can give the same advice to thousands of cheapo manufacturers running android. Not bb10.
    Problem? Go to the setting screen. Swipe down, get notifications.
    Hang on, your layout for setting etc is completely different than on an android device? You can't navigate it like every other android device? You can't get the same menu options like every other android device? What's that, your device isn't an android device but a device using an Os 1% of the population uses, and emulates android?
    We don't support non android devices. You've paid to pirate the app.

Posted via CB10
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    11-20-13 02:08 PM
    ************Scarlett detour****************

So now that the App Gap is gone, whats the next complaint?-1400570_10151787537955735_483216426_o.jpg
    So now that the App Gap is gone, whats the next complaint?-1451414_10151780421405735_571349038_n.jpg
    So now that the App Gap is gone, whats the next complaint?-1451609_10151780416455735_238911297_n.jpg

************BACK TO REGULARLY SCHEDULED FIGHTING*******************
    11-20-13 02:13 PM

Amazon can give the same advice to thousands of cheapo manufacturers running android. Not bb10.
    Hang on, your layout for setting etc is completely different than on an android device? You can't navigate it like every other android device? You can't get the same menu options like every other android device? What's that, your device isn't an android device but a device using an Os 1% of the population uses, and emulates android?

Posted via CB10
    There you said it....

As long as you don't expect support it is all good in the hood....

Just like installing Linux on a Notebook designed for Windows and complaining to their tech support that the WLAN driver is missing....

No support means: You are on your own.... As long as you pay for it, you can try and are it work on your "stitched Frankenstein device" to quote Lilly's Signature...

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck and canuckvoip like this.
    11-20-13 02:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    No, I wasn't arguing it, more musing along the line that the lines between OS's might get more blurred in general in future, not just with BB.

Anyway, I'm with my original theory that BlackBerry thought they had made it easy to port Android apps to BBWorld. I think those of us who downloaded examples such as the original Ebay app would testify it wasn't and they haven't exactly come over in droves.

This enhanced run time could well be an attempt at an ultra easy peasy conversion thing.
    11-20-13 02:15 PM
    That's really between the user and Amazon. I think anything that impinges upon the right of developers to pick their marketplaces will be problematic, but I think that's what a formal agreement will help iron out.

If developers are getting paid, it's all good.

But will BBRY shut it down to other questionable sources?
    See, when you go to Android on any device, it asks you to download the app, it's not checking what you use, it's not asking, it just says, download the app and use me. Not in those exact words of course. They are not concerned with any alliance or if Google cares. They are just selling goods. If there's any agreement that would be needed, it would be to have it pre-installed on BB10. Otherwise, why would BlackBerry need to be singled out vs any other android? I sincerely doubt amazon makes agreements with developers as to what machines their apps will be downloaded to, it would negate what they are doing.

I mean honestly, look at it that way. Do you think some developer wrote a game to be played on one of those cheap net book devices running android? No, they wrote it for phones and tabs. Is this weird little keyboard device prohibited from using Amazon? No, it is welcomed in as a new customer that will hopefully make purchases. Same as BB10 will be.

11-20-13 02:16 PM
    ************Scarlett detour****************

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1400570_10151787537955735_483216426_o.jpg 
Views:	579 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	222738

Name:	1451414_10151780421405735_571349038_n.jpg 
Views:	580 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	222739

Name:	1451609_10151780416455735_238911297_n.jpg 
Views:	579 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	222740

************BACK TO REGULARLY SCHEDULED FIGHTING*******************

All I have now in my head.....

Ok... give me a page or two to start fighting again...

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 02:24 PM
    we are all doomed !

if people cant accept other than what they already know (or think they do), how are we to supposed to move on...

im sure at this rate, one of the mods is going to come along and lock this thread up. I wish, before they do so, they at least provide some real insight to all of this. I dont believe for one second that the powers that be on this site share with us all that they know of the situation. And if they catch wind of people leaking stuff they arent supposed to, it will get deleted quickly. ...is that what a conspiracy is ? thats what happens when you get too big i guess...

i understand people's thirst for a good debate, but its obvious (if youve been keeping up with this thread) that the same points get rehashed over and over, and we are still no closer to answering (or at least agreeing to) playbookster's post.

A poll would have probably sufficed, but trying to explain or understand this sideloading and sideloading v2 as per Xander, unfortunately the persons who need to chip in arent (or cant) Kevin M,, can you chip in? Adam ? Blaze? Mr Saunders ?
    11-20-13 02:30 PM
    WHAT???
    Actually I need confirmation before I confront her.

Bekkay, could you write a letter to Honda for me?
    bradu1 likes this.
    11-20-13 02:35 PM
    Very well said.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 02:36 PM
    Sorry love but if I'm on your invite list it will have to be either a Guinness or a Watney's.
    ooh ooh can i come too? however, I've got a Caribbean brew in tow.

So now that the App Gap is gone, whats the next complaint?-f_08.jpg
    11-20-13 02:37 PM
    we are all doomed !

if people cant accept other than what they already know (or think they do), how are we to supposed to move on...

im sure at this rate, one of the mods is going to come along and lock this thread up. I wish, before they do so, they at least provide some real insight to all of this. I dont believe for one second that the powers that be on this site share with us all that they know of the situation. And if they catch wind of people leaking stuff they arent supposed to, it will get deleted quickly. ...is that what a conspiracy is ? thats what happens when you get too big i guess...

i understand people's thirst for a good debate, but its obvious (if youve been keeping up with this thread) that the same points get rehashed over and over, and we are still no closer to answering (or at least agreeing to) playbookster's post.

A poll would have probably sufficed, but trying to explain or understand this sideloading and sideloading v2 as per Xander, unfortunately the persons who need to chip in arent (or cant) Kevin M,, can you chip in? Adam ? Blaze? Mr Saunders ?
    Attachment 222749
    11-20-13 02:43 PM
    Actually I need confirmation before I confront her.

Bekkay, could you write a letter to Honda for me?
    :roflmao!!:

11-20-13 02:43 PM
    Work-arounds, side loading, unofficial schemes and set-ups don't count. Not to mention the US is still on 10.1.......

Most of the apps at BBworld are nonsense. Still I don't see the apps there that I really want.

It's still there a huge gap. Getting better, maybe, but it ain't anywhere near over yet.
    11-20-13 02:45 PM
    we are all doomed !

Very well said.
    I tried to say it a little bit more subtle...... In the end we have our phones and are happy that they are getting better and better. All I am not certain yet is the future adoption of BlackBerry devices by the masses.... I feel quite tempted to get the latest note 3.... Just for the sweet pen integration.

I will be able to try it soon, since my brother is going to get it.

In his Note, he has a post it attached to the back cover and is taking notes with a pen onto this post it....

So for some reason he believes that with the latest iteration of this concept, he will stop using a piece of paper and an ordinary pen......

I felt as if I were missing out and lacking features, apps and stuff in the past..... Since the 10.2 update, there is no reason why I shall change my allegiance and get another OS...

This is the biggest fight which BlackBerry is facing.

And there is little that can be done about it.... Unless they reinvent the way we are communicating and using our "phone"

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 02:48 PM
    That's funny. I'm the opposite. I didn't hate the other platforms until after I had used them. I'm a gadget geek, I like toys. I wanted an iPhone. Tried it. Hated it. I wanted android. Tried several. Hated it. I want a WP, might get one soon as a second. I wanted a Palm, missed out. So yeah, same as you, but I liked them until I tried them, then hated them. Lol

Yet no one can try bb and not hate it? Have you tried an updated one?
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-20-13 02:52 PM

I will be able to try it soon, since my brother is going to get it.

In his Note, he has a post it attached to the back cover and is taking notes with a pen onto this post it....

So for some reason he believes that with the latest iteration of this concept, he will stop using a piece of paper and an ordinary pen......
    Ok, but remember, 14 days straight use or it doesn't count!
    11-20-13 02:54 PM
    Thansk.....She is a DO ME NOW BAD GIRL RED 2014 AWD Honda CR-V named Scarlett.
    YOWSA
    bigglybobblyboo likes this.
    11-20-13 02:55 PM
    Updated what? Yes, my Z is on latest leak. My last android tab was on latest available a month or two ago. My windows tab is on 8.1. My ipod is not updated, it's falling apart and don't see the point. I don't like the new icons.

11-20-13 02:56 PM
    Totally agree that they need to fill the app gap. I love the OS, and want to see it grow so I'm happy to see them open it up to Android.

As someone who also owns iOS and Android devices I can safely say an App is an App. They seem to work the same on all platforms so far so I could care less if the app on my BlackBerry is Android based. or iOS, etc...
    Whaaaaaaaaat

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 02:58 PM
    You are correct. No one can try an updated BB10 device and hate it.

It's impossible.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-20-13 03:14 PM

It's impossible.
    I second that motion fine sir
    bigglybobblyboo likes this.
    11-20-13 03:18 PM

It's impossible.
    Hate really doesn't enter into it for most people. But after using BB10 for a few months, I can say I would never consider it as my only phone. It is a nice compliment to an iOS or Android phone, but I would never pick it at the exclusion of one of those phones.
    11-20-13 03:31 PM
    Hate really doesn't enter into it for most people. But after using BB10 for a few months, I can say I would never consider it as my only phone. It is a nice compliment to an iOS or Android phone, but I would never pick it at the exclusion of one of those phones.
    Because you are tied into the iOS and android platform ? That was my father's reasoning to stick with iOS. He's spent probably over $500 in iOS apps. But says the BB10 OS is excellent.

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-20-13 03:38 PM
1,792 ... 5859606162 ...