Perhaps so, sorry I missed them. I was probably too busy getting clobbered by the people you mentioned + another buddy of yours.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    I think you keep internet stuff too close to heart. Debate and leave it on the floor...

We talked about it before... too much factionalism.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-20-13 01:39 PM
    Side loading is now dead. I miss it

Posted via Q10 10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    11-20-13 01:39 PM
    Great!

Although to be honest I'm a bit baffled as to why you wrote to them about something that doesn't actually exist yet...

But there you go.

Feel It, Swipe It, Love It. BlackBerry Z10
    A couple posters all but asked people to. The idea was that Amazon would settle the issue.

Amazon's admittedly soft non-binding negative reply was not well received.
    bekkay, JeepBB and paper_monkey like this.
    11-20-13 01:41 PM
    Perhaps so, sorry I missed them. I was probably too busy getting clobbered by the people you mentioned + another buddy of yours.

No worries. It's the problem with looking at only the present and not knowing the past. I came in here railing against the iPhone 3GS I'd bought and hated iPhone. Then I hated Android and FOUGHT with just about every iPhone and Android user here. Some have left. Some are still here.

Then I *made* myself have an open mind and treat each device individually as a separate thing, not as an anti-BlackBerry. And I found I LOVED those other devices. And I expanded my use. In doing so, I had to eat plenty of crow when I learned that what those people I'd been fighting were saying was right and I was wrong. And now I love all three devices, although to be honest the Z10 is just one problem after the other. And I am not going to sweep that under the rug and ignore it. If it's driving me nuts I say it's driving me nuts. If my iPhone is today more consistently there for me than my Z I say so. It's the truth.
    11-20-13 01:43 PM
    I find this thread very informative.... we already know that someone bought a new car, know all the devices people are using, got into law and started to see the reason for the specific language used in EULAs and believe that I have never seen so many quotes in the last few pages....

After we have gotten to know each other quite well in this thread and made it a feast for the NSA, let's see what I remember from it:

App Gap is not closed, BlackBerry might have legal trouble because their devices are not included in the EULA beyond a shadow of doubt.

Specs and features missing in both HW and SW

A lot of people like to talk about themselves, instead of the topic on hand.

The App Gap has been argued and we have concluded that it is and will be still there.

With all the contests and popularity bb10 is gaining by indy developers, it might soon happen that we will be the first to have a must have app... Just look at the Dandy's App Challenge.

I still have not seen as to where BlackBerry still needs to improve upon, if we take the latest leak as a frame of reference.....

Wasn't. This the original question?

I think I am repeating myself from page 30 something....

Maybe I will do it in another 30 pages, after I have been able to use the personal info provided in this thread to have a nice tea with a few CB members...

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 01:43 PM
    Oh, you'll have to reread a better half of this thread to understand

A better question would be "Why are we proclaiming the App Gap to be closed if something doesn't actually exist yet?""
    Fair point.

Thread closed!

Nothing to see here... etc...

bekkay and JeepBB like this.
    11-20-13 01:44 PM
    I can attest to this LOL. The last thing I will call her is biased. Newer people might not see it, but I remember the good old debate days.

That's what makes this site great... not the uniformity of "positive" thinking that some seem to demand.
    Thanks, love. I know you remember.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    Maybe because this is the ONLY place that would imply that the app gap is closed and deny that the current process encourages what BBRY itself calls piracy?

Seriously, I cannot fathom how anyone could argue otherwise when the entity that most benefits from the process short term says the software is out in the wild illicitly and that non-developers who use these methods are committing piracy.

Let me state that again: this process is deemed piracy by BBRY. Some of y'all say that's lunacy and hypocritical.

Believe it or not, I'm not here to cast stones. I grew up in the Napster days, so I am in a glass house. I don't mess with software, because my thoughts have changed; not every developer is a moneybags, and I am sympathetic to that. I think BBRY is at fault for creating this avenue, but I understand few people here will agree.

At the end of the day, it's all discussion. I don't expect to change anyone's personal ethics, but like H2O, I just like calling a spade a spade.
    2 questions, when this software officially comes out, do you think using open app stores such as Amazon is piracy? Not G Play, but stores like Amazon. Because if you do, we can stop quoting and responding to each other. We'll never agreed and we're just waiting bits.

And second, these leaks are on CB. CB has a relationship with BlackBerry correct? Didn't I even read there's a nda about some things? If BlackBerry wanted these leaks stopped, so you think CB would still have the links up? Do you not think that BlackBerry can see the devices out there, see what they're running as we log in to BlackBerry services, and couldn't shut them down if they wanted? I'm no expert, actually know nothing about the leaks as far as origins, or even what the leak team does or who they are.... but really, if we really think someone is cracking in to BlackBerry and they don't know and can't stop it, I think we're being too naive.

I find this thread very informative.... we already know that someone bought a new car, know all the devices people are using, got into law and started to see the reason for the specific language used in EULAs and believe that I have never seen so many quotes in the last few pages....

After we have gotten to know each other quite well in this thread and made it a feast for the NSA, let's see what I remember from it:

App Gap is not closed, BlackBerry might have legal trouble because their devices are not included in the EULA beyond a shadow of doubt.

Specs and features missing in both HW and SW

A lot of people like to talk about themselves, instead of the topic on hand.

The App Gap has been argued and we have concluded that it is and will be still there.

With all the contests and popularity bb10 is gaining by indy developers, it might soon happen that we will be the first to have a must have app... Just look at the Dandy's App Challenge.

I still have not seen as to where BlackBerry still needs to improve upon, if we take the latest leak as a frame of reference.....

Wasn't. This the original question?

I think I am repeating myself from page 30 something....

Maybe I will do it in another 30 pages, after I have been able to use the personal info provided in this thread to have a nice tea with a few CB members...

Posted via CB10
    Sorry love but if I'm on your invite list it will have to be either a Guinness or a Watney's.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    11-20-13 01:46 PM
    I think you keep internet stuff too close to heart. Debate and leave it on the floor...

We talked about it before... too much factionalism.
    Still funny to me how the people that say 'too close to heart' or 'doesn't matter' still choose to come and stir the pot. If they meant what they said, it wouldn't be worth it to them.

11-20-13 01:51 PM
    2 questions, when this software officially comes out, do you think using open app stores such as Amazon is piracy? Not G Play, but stores like Amazon. Because if you do, we can stop quoting and responding to each other. We'll never agreed and we're just waiting bits.

And second, these leaks are on CB. CB has a relationship with BlackBerry correct? Didn't I even read there's a nda about some things? If BlackBerry wanted these leaks stopped, so you think CB would still have the links up? Do you not think that BlackBerry can see the devices out there, see what they're running as we log in to BlackBerry services, and couldn't shut them down if they wanted? I'm no expert, actually know nothing about the leaks as far as origins, or even what the leak team does or who they are.... but really, if we really think someone is cracking in to BlackBerry and they don't know and can't stop it, I think we're being too naive.

First question: absolutely not! If Amazon wants to business with BBRY, it's business. I actually hope that comes to fruition. Devs get paid, BB10 users get another outlet... what's not to like? The only negative is that I think Amazon holds most of the cards in that simulated agreement. But this has been said several times in this thread.

Second question: we are in complete agreement. When I hear BBRY execs claim they do not want this leak out, it makes me giggle. EVERY TIME. If BBRY wanted to stop the leaks, they'd be stopped. BBRY has BB10 users beta testing the software.
    11-20-13 01:52 PM
    Still funny to me how the people that say 'too close to heart' or 'doesn't matter' still choose to come and stir the pot. If they meant what they said, it wouldn't be worth it to them.

You consider what I posted to be stirring the pot? That was not the intent.
    11-20-13 01:52 PM
    Sorry love but if I'm on your invite list it will have to be either a Guinness or a Watney's.
    Then it will be a Brothers Toffee Apple Cider for me, when I come over (=

Hope you don't mean Guinness Strongbow....

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 01:53 PM
    What you're implying here is that every single little off-brand cheapie Android handset maker would have to have an agreement with Amazon to be able to connect to their app store, is that correct?
    No, but they are making android devices.
    Bb10 devices are not android devices.

If you mail amazon and say you have any cheapo android device, what are their thoughts on you using their store, are you covered and will they provide support, see what answer you'll get. They'll be supportive.

Ask them about bb10, well, we've already seen their answer, they don't support other devices emulating part of android. Or emulating android period.

It's very simple. I think you're intelligent enough to know this, that's why you didn't ask amazon yourself when it was suggested when this thread was still in the single digit page numbers.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 01:54 PM
    I vote Guinness.

Enjoy the car! What is it by the way?

No worries. It's the problem with looking at only the present and not knowing the past. I came in here railing against the iPhone 3GS I'd bought and hated iPhone. Then I hated Android and FOUGHT with just about every iPhone and Android user here. Some have left. Some are still here.

Then I *made* myself have an open mind and treat each device individually as a separate thing, not as an anti-BlackBerry. And I found I LOVED those other devices. And I expanded my use. In doing so, I had to eat plenty of crow when I learned that what those people I'd been fighting were saying was right and I was wrong. And now I love all three devices, although to be honest the Z10 is just one problem after the other. And I am not going to sweep that under the rug and ignore it. If it's driving me nuts I say it's driving me nuts. If my iPhone is today more consistently there for me than my Z I say so. It's the truth.
    That's funny. I'm the opposite. I didn't hate the other platforms until after I had used them. I'm a gadget geek, I like toys. I wanted an iPhone. Tried it. Hated it. I wanted android. Tried several. Hated it. I want a WP, might get one soon as a second. I wanted a Palm, missed out. So yeah, same as you, but I liked them until I tried them, then hated them. Lol

No, but they are making android devices.
    Bb10 devices are not android devices.

If you mail amazon and say you have any cheapo android device, what are their thoughts on you using their store, are you covered and will they provide support, see what answer you'll get. They'll be supportive.

Ask them about bb10, well, we've already seen their answer, they don't support other devices emulating part of android. Or emulating android period.

It's very simple. I think you're intelligent enough to know this, that's why you didn't ask amazon yourself when it was suggested when this thread was still in the single digit page numbers.

Posted via CB10
    Out if interest, how would you classify a device as 'Android '?

11-20-13 01:56 PM
    I vote Guinness.

I believe it won't be a vauxhall....

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 01:56 PM
    I believe it won't be a vauxhall....

Posted via CB10
    Ooooohhh! One of those new minis?

11-20-13 01:58 PM
    I vote Guinness.

Thansk.....She is a DO ME NOW BAD GIRL RED 2014 AWD Honda CR-V named Scarlett.
    11-20-13 01:58 PM
    Then it will be a Brothers Toffee Apple Cider for me, when I come over (=

Hope you don't mean Guinness Strongbow....

Posted via CB10
    Guinness....with a nice head....breakfast of champions. Nothing else comes close.
    Warlack, kbz1960 and paper_monkey like this.
    11-20-13 02:00 PM
    First question: absolutely not! If Amazon wants to business with BBRY, it's business. I actually hope that comes to fruition. Devs get paid, BB10 users get another outlet... what's not to like? The only negative is that I think Amazon holds most of the cards in that simulated agreement. But this has been said several times in this thread.

Second question: we are in complete agreement. When I hear BBRY execs claim they do not want this leak out, it makes me giggle. EVERY TIME. If BBRY wanted to stop the leaks, they'd be stopped. BBRY has BB10 users beta testing the software.
    OK, further on question 1, why must there be an agreement with amazon!? It's not set up that way. You have a cheapo android phone that is not compliant with g play, head to Android and it asks you to download their app to use their store. Same as it does with the leaked BB10. Why would BlackBerry suddenly need an agreement when no one else does? Amazon set up their app store this way on purpose. So that they could get the most consumers purchasing from them as possible.

Think of it this way, Play store is costco, you need a card to shop. Amazon is wal mart, come one come all. Suddenly, one family needs to have a card to shop at Walmart? I don't think so.

11-20-13 02:01 PM
    I love the look of that car. If your Avatar is of any indication, some people might get jealous when they are waiting next to you at a red light.... or just wolf whistle...

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 02:01 PM
    Thansk.....She is a DO ME NOW BAD GIRL RED 2014 AWD Honda CR-V named Scarlett.
    Yay! My missus has one of those!

Although the 'do me now' accessory seems to be missing...

kbz1960 and Pete The Penguin like this.
    11-20-13 02:02 PM
    Yay! My missus has one of those!

Although the 'do me now' accessory seems to be missing...

That accessory is supposed to be the driver....

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 02:05 PM
1,792 ... 5758596061 ...