It a matter of perspective and where it comes from.

Posted via CB10
    OK, I'll play along since this thread is clearly about me now.

You keep talking about perspective.

How has the perspective changed?

An honest question.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-20-13 01:14 PM
    I really don't know. Ask Bekkay. She's the one that did it.

I didn't mean you btw.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    She did? Really?

Feel It, Swipe It, Love It. BlackBerry Z10
    11-20-13 01:15 PM
    I really don't know. Ask Bekkay. She's the one that did it.

I didn't mean you btw.

BEKKAY IS A SHE?!?!?!?!?!?!?! REALLY?!?!?!?!? SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another powerful woman on CB!!!!!!
    bekkay likes this.
    11-20-13 01:16 PM
    Lol. This thread is still about me.

Yes, I did. Any problem with that? Did someone die? Or do you not lie?

I tell you why it is so important. It's a red herring. You, guys, don't know what else to bring up to attack a person who doesn't happen to share your opinion.
    Don't feel bad. As I said, it happens quite often.

You need to acquaint yourself with Federal Law... you know, the one that requires all those to discuss BlackBerry devices to own BB10.
    bekkay and h20work like this.
    11-20-13 01:16 PM
    BEKKAY IS A SHE?!?!?!?!?!?!?! REALLY?!?!?!?!? SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another powerful woman on CB!!!!!!

No, I am a he. Sister
    11-20-13 01:17 PM
    I hope you're being sarcastic as I was. But really if I can't say I don't like something how can I say I like something? This will turn into an awfully quiet ghost town if no one can give an opinion besides zealous fans. Only favorable opinions that repeat over and over.

I don't hate bb10 in fact I'm going to state and opinion without owning it. I like it but I don't like having to always use work around, I don't like that the company seems to keep digging a deeper hole.

Here is a good tip. There is an ignore function that can be used. Yes I know. How will that stop all the non users and non believers from spreading their crap? It won't just it won't stop fanboys from spread false rumors as fact. Rock and hard place.
    It was sarcasm.

There is a difference in you saying 'I like the looks of the ux', or myself saying, 'I don't like the looks of the new call screen', which I did by the way, and the things that have been posted here.

Let's put it this way since so many analogies have been used and I don't think I will offend anyone with this.

'the jawbone up is a joke of a fitness tracker! It's totally innacurate, uncomfortable on the wrist, it's ugly, and it's software sucks!' - now, I've seen the jawbone in a store, and I do think it's ugly, I read a review that said it was innacurate, but other than that, I've never touched one. Should I be making that statement? No. What if I was a huge fitbit fan? Their competition? I am. Should I make that statement now? No.

11-20-13 01:18 PM
    Hmm... we are all allowed to have an opinion? so I should be able to say how much I hate iPhone here? List off all the reasons hardware wise, software wise, business wise, I think Apple is doing a horrible disservice to its customers, it's manufacturing employees, and the industry in general? Of course I would do it in the apple section of CB. And my opinion would be respected and I wouldn't be attacked and told I was wrong, lieing, and making things up? What a wonderful forum we're in where all opinions are respected equally and allowed to be voiced!

bvious sarcasm as we all see what happens if someone says 'I don't like the new ios icons' and are run out of town on a rail:

I hope you realize there is a difference between having an opinion and just plain being an a$$. Starting a thread about "hating apple" clearly falls in the later category.

I don't like apple or their products, and I've said so many times. Never was called a troll or run out of town. Maybe I come off a bit friendlier
    kbz1960, bekkay, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    11-20-13 01:18 PM
    ummmmm.....yes......I've got 14 days to return it.....why would I misrepresent myself?

Example - bought the Playbook. Didn't like it. Returned it and got an iPad. Liked that and kept it.
    Eh? Not saying you are. Just thought it was a lot of time, dedication and money, that's all. Although the money bit is obvious now you've said it.

You must be really into your tech! Although I have to say that for me personally 14 days wouldn't be enough.

Surely you don't try each device after each major upgrade?

11-20-13 01:20 PM

I tell you why it is so important now. It's a red herring. You, guys, don't know what else to bring up to attack a person who doesn't happen to share your opinion.
    I'm not attacking. I thought it was funny. And made sense with her post about people lieing. You lied. Your choice. But it shows credibility. That email would have made just as much sense saying 'I was talking to a z10 owner and I think they're wrong'

You chose not to do that.

11-20-13 01:22 PM
    OK then, so as a Z10 owner, and I believe you said possible future Z30 owner when a poster makes striking claims about the performance of BB10 devices, and has not used one, I hope you will correct them as you have me. And I do say use as no, I don't expect someone to own one to.make a judgement, but I also don't expect someone that's spent 20 minutes playing with one in a store, or owned one on a first build, to be able to make statement's about a modern product. Just as someone who owned an iPhone 3 should not be making statements about an iPhone 5.

And I'm not talking about bias towards devices, as you say, they're just pieces of glass and plastic correct? I'm talking about bias towards posters. We all have them, we are human and should be able to admit it, but someone who has a title of importance and will use that title in discussions, should be able to separate themselves from those biases.

And on a personal note, no, the back up of the device was once the conversation had turned civil. Lol! And I'm very shocked at who you call out as those you've gone toe to toe with! From an outsiders perspective, having been piled on by all those names in smaller groups at one point or another, that list of names looks like an invite list to a birthday party I wouldn't be invited to! Lol!

I can't buy any devices now....I just bought a car and so all devices are on hold until I replace the money in my savings. So nothing until summer. I'll go crazy.

You might have missed the all out fights I had defending the Z10. Too bad. You would have a different perspective about me, it seems.

Bias about posters....let's take Howarmat. Do you have any idea how I FOUGHT with him when I HATED Android??? Or PantlessPenguin....let her tell you how I hated Android with a blind fury and how I fought with her. Let DenverRalphy tell you about the fights I had with him. Ask Xandermac how I put down the iPhone and fought HIM. Go back in time.

I have no bias as to posters, I have a bias as to incorrect statements. I correct them. Regardless of the device.

If you could go back in time, and if posters I mentioned here are around, and choose to do so, they will tell you the FIGHTS I had with them. Because I speak as to my experiences with the devices, regardless of the platform. And I happen to love three of the four major platforms.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-20-13 01:22 PM
    I'm not attacking. I thought it was funny. And made sense with her post about people lieing. You lied. Your choice. But it shows credibility. That email would have made just as much sense saying 'I was talking to a z10 owner and I think they're wrong'

You chose not to do that.

The thing is I prepaired that email for Playbookster. I was about to ask him to follow up with this email, but then figured he would refuse after seeing his posts (if you followed along the thread you would see). So I just sent it as is.

But if you find my credibility to be damaged, so be it.
    bradu1, paper_monkey and bp3dots like this.
    11-20-13 01:24 PM

I tell you why it is so important now. It's a red herring. You, guys, don't know what else to bring up to attack a person who doesn't happen to share your opinion.
    No, it's about the App Gap and whether it's been closed and what people will have to complain about.

Please re read the title.

bekkay and bradu1 like this.
    11-20-13 01:24 PM
    Eh? Not saying you are. Just thought it was a lot of time, dedication and money, that's all. Although the money bit is obvious now you've said it.

You must be really into your tech! Although I have to say that for me personally 14 days wouldn't be enough.

Surely you don't try each device after each major upgrade?

I try any device that calls out to me. If I like it I keep it. If I don't like it I return it. But right now I need to return the car money I borrowed from myself.

Really.....you need to go back to the days when I had BB fans tell me I had first world problems and I had only child syndrome when I bought, in sequence, a 9900. a 9860, a 9810, a 9370.

And yes, I'm into tech. I work in IT.
    11-20-13 01:25 PM
    No, it's about the App Gap and whether it's been closed and what people will have to complain about.

Please re read the title.

Yes, I see that. But it looks like my misstatement in the letter to Amazon is more of a concern to some people now than the original topic.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-20-13 01:26 PM
    Ok, here it goes....I LOVE the iOS7 UI.

Big deal. You don't like it and I like it.

Now....if you make an incorrect statement about what the OS does or doesn't do, I will come in and correct it. Big deal, it's not personal, I haven't run you out of town on a rail, I didn't insult you. Unless I call you some pejorative name. And if someone correcting a statement that was made in error is something that you find insulting then that is up to you.
    No reason to rehash, but our history is there, feel free to go back and read it again. In all honesty, it was your partner that was getting so personal in her attacks, it was just you 'like'-ing every one of them. Lol!

That statement wasn't directed at you btw. It was in response to another poster. I know you like ios, you know I hate it. My buddy that works at Apple knows I hate ios. So, we're all good. I was just pointing out this 'open forum' isn't so 'open'

11-20-13 01:26 PM
    To be fair, there are a lot of issues that don't need to be addressed.

If anyone thinks Amazon is going to say no to a new sales outlet, they are sadly mistaken. Amazon is an open store front. They want sales and sales alone. If an app developer on the amazon app store does not want their app on BB10 then they will need to pull their app from the store.

I did see some cases where people seemed to think we were breaking in to amazon, and stealing apps and movies. That needed to be corrected.

Now, the people pulling off Google Play, yeah, I agree at this point that is piracy. No more than the people using unapproved phones pulling from G Play though. However, I am not doing it. I am using Amazon.

What is funny though, is I bet you the majority of these people up in arms about BlackBerry people having the capability to run android apps would probably run to help their friend on a budget android phone flash the play store on to it.

So many articles online about how to do it, yet no 60 page arguments about if it's right or wrong.
    Maybe because this is the ONLY place that would imply that the app gap is closed and deny that the current process encourages what BBRY itself calls piracy?

Seriously, I cannot fathom how anyone could argue otherwise when the entity that most benefits from the process short term says the software is out in the wild illicitly and that non-developers who use these methods are committing piracy.

Let me state that again: this process is deemed piracy by BBRY. Some of y'all say that's lunacy and hypocritical.

Believe it or not, I'm not here to cast stones. I grew up in the Napster days, so I am in a glass house. I don't mess with software, because my thoughts have changed; not every developer is a moneybags, and I am sympathetic to that. I think BBRY is at fault for creating this avenue, but I understand few people here will agree.

At the end of the day, it's all discussion. I don't expect to change anyone's personal ethics, but like H2O, I just like calling a spade a spade.
    11-20-13 01:29 PM
    No reason to rehash, but our history is there, feel free to go back and read it again. In all honesty, it was your partner that was getting so personal in her attacks, it was just you 'like'-ing every one of them. Lol!

That statement wasn't directed at you btw. It was in response to another poster. I know you like ios, you know I hate it. My buddy that works at Apple knows I hate ios. So, we're all good. I was just pointing out this 'open forum' isn't so 'open'

My partner? You mean my friend....my sister by another mother.....my girlfriend. She and I used to go toe to toe until I bought an Android device. Then I learned a lot from her and learned how wrong I was.

Yah and I like posts if I agree with them. You do too. It's your right to do so.
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    11-20-13 01:31 PM
    I hope you realize there is a difference between having an opinion and just plain being an a$$. Starting a thread about "hating apple" clearly falls in the later category.

I don't like apple or their products, and I've said so many times. Never was called a troll or run out of town. Maybe I come off a bit friendlier
    No...no you don't.

Don't worry, I'd title it 'Apple refuses to give consumers what they ask for, thumbprint vs big screen' or something productive along those lines.

11-20-13 01:31 PM
    No...no you don't.

Don't worry, I'd title it 'Apple refuses to give consumers what they ask for, thumbprint vs big screen' or something productive along those lines.

Oh, and no, I was never called a troll. I was called 'a rabid fanboy' and 'great protector of BlackBerry' but those aren't personal I guess.
    Where the heck did this post come from!? Lol! I didn't quote myself... sorry, can't delete from Cb10, only edit.

Last edited by bradu1; 11-20-13 at 01:47 PM.
    11-20-13 01:32 PM
    It was sarcasm.

There is a difference in you saying 'I like the looks of the ux', or myself saying, 'I don't like the looks of the new call screen', which I did by the way, and the things that have been posted here.

Let's put it this way since so many analogies have been used and I don't think I will offend anyone with this.

'the jawbone up is a joke of a fitness tracker! It's totally innacurate, uncomfortable on the wrist, it's ugly, and it's software sucks!' - now, I've seen the jawbone in a store, and I do think it's ugly, I read a review that said it was innacurate, but other than that, I've never touched one. Should I be making that statement? No. What if I was a huge fitbit fan? Their competition? I am. Should I make that statement now? No.

I don't care. Anyone can have an opinion on anything, all of us do. Whether we have owned the item or not. If people take the time to research "as everyone that post a problem or complaint is told they didn't do". Someone can filter out what is what.

OP
    App gap is a thing of the past. True or false?

So this whole thread is a lie.
    JeepBB and h20work like this.
    11-20-13 01:33 PM
    I can't buy any devices now....I just bought a car and so all devices are on hold until I replace the money in my savings. So nothing until summer. I'll go crazy.

You might have missed the all out fights I had defending the Z10. Too bad. You would have a different perspective about me, it seems.

Bias about posters....let's take Howarmat. Do you have any idea how I FOUGHT with him when I HATED Android??? Or PantlessPenguin....let her tell you how I hated Android with a blind fury and how I fought with her. Let DenverRalphy tell you about the fights I had with him. Ask Xandermac how I put down the iPhone and fought HIM. Go back in time.

I have no bias as to posters, I have a bias as to incorrect statements. I correct them. Regardless of the device.

If you could go back in time, and if posters I mentioned here are around, and choose to do so, they will tell you the FIGHTS I had with them. Because I speak as to my experiences with the devices, regardless of the platform. And I happen to love three of the four major platforms.
    Perhaps so, sorry I missed them. I was probably too busy getting clobbered by the people you mentioned + another buddy of yours.

11-20-13 01:36 PM
    Yes, I see that. But it looks like my misstatement in the letter to Amazon is more of a concern to some people now than the original topic.
    Great!

Although to be honest I'm a bit baffled as to why you wrote to them about something that doesn't actually exist yet...

But there you go.

bradu1 and canuckvoip like this.
    11-20-13 01:37 PM

I can attest to this LOL. The last thing I will call her is biased. Newer people might not see it, but I remember the good old debate days.

That's what makes this site great... not the uniformity of "positive" thinking that some seem to demand.
    11-20-13 01:38 PM
    Great!

Although to be honest I'm a bit baffled as to why you wrote to them about something that doesn't actually exist yet...

But there you go.

Oh, you'll have to reread a better half of this thread to understand

A better question would be "Why are we proclaiming the App Gap to be closed if something doesn't actually exist yet?""
    11-20-13 01:39 PM
    We're off the rail I think...

Very interesting thread!

Posted via CB10
    bekkay and paper_monkey like this.
    11-20-13 01:39 PM
1,792 ... 5657585960 ...