As previously stated in post 1149, in case it was overlooked the first time around
    But should someone that has not used one be making claims as to performance? No.

I recall thread upon thread where you have 'corrected' me in statements I made about ios, saying that I didn't know what I was talking about and making things up, even though I had an ios device in my pocket. Please, in all fairness, use those same arguments you used against me against someone who has admittedly not used a BB10 device yet is making pages and pages of accusations about the devices.

I'm actually asking you this time, in a polite and respectful way, to use your ambassador or trusted member status (I'm sorry, I'm on CB10 and it doesn't show the title) and be consistent in your posts and backing. Ignore your biases, and use the same level judgement on all us posters. If Some random poster was making claims as this, on an iPhone and had never touched one, you would make sure that they were corrected. Being in the receiving end of that before, I can tell you it's to a point where you don't even want to come back. Consistency please?

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    11-20-13 12:39 PM
    It becomes an issue when others mislead forumer as to owning a bb10 device or ever using one for that matter.

That is deceipt. As one should be forthcoming giving their perspective on BB10 without owning or even using a BB10 device. This becomes very deceptive as forumers believe that BB10 users are commenting on certain aspects such as ux, performance, apps without even using the device.
    It will be deceit if there is a post where a poster states point blank that he uses a device when in fact he does not. It is not deceit if someone makes an assumption that a particular poster owns a device.

Opinions do not require the ownership of a device. I can offer an opinion that I would not like a WP device since I tried Windows 8 and I did not like it. It is an opinion and I am not misleading anyone if I said so.
    11-20-13 12:43 PM
    The irony of forumers that post on the forums who don't own a BB10 device or have never used it making claims of performance etc is to hard to pass up.

It's a matter of perspective. And many forumers mislead blackberry users into thinking this comes from the perspective of a BB10 user. Heaven forbid even have tried a bb10 device

I'm still waiting for a constructive post by yourself. May I ask why you are always condensending in every post?

Posted via CB10
    Matter of perspective? It's either an open forum or it's not. If you are allowed to have an opinion, everyone else is as well. That's the "open" part of open forum.

Still have no idea why you quoted me and started with "people who don't own a bb10".

You may want to look up the definition of condescending, I don't think it means what you think.it means.
    kbz1960, bekkay, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    11-20-13 12:45 PM
    It will be deceit if there is a post where a poster states point blank that he uses a device when in fact he does not. It is not deceit if someone makes an assumption that a particular poster owns a device.

Opinions do not require the ownership of a device. I can offer an opinion that I would not like a WP device since I tried Windows 8 and I did not like it. It is an opinion and I am not misleading anyone if I said so.
    But what if that WP device was updated with lots of new features?

Surely you would have to try it all over again?

Feel It, Swipe It, Love It. BlackBerry Z10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    I find it deceptive why some who have never used BB10 give perspective on such things as BlackBerry10, ux, performance , apps etc..

It's important for us to know where this perspective is coming from. Imho. I see where you are coming from
    Agree. I haven't given any perspective on those things so I guess I shouldn't even say I like UX or anything about insincere I haven't used one so I'm not informed. I will stop saying I like the UX from now on since I can't be informed without owning one.
    We needed 20 pages to confirm that Amazon actually doesn't support BB10 devices....
    And we still aren't at the point where some people in this thread can admit to be wrong???

Oh how I love CB.
    If it wouldn't be text only, I could cancel my Cable TV subscription...

Posted via CB10
    Again... we are talking about a leak. It is not a production OS. It is impossible for it to be granted any kind of authorization anyway. We will all wait and see. We all have our wishes, hopes, and desires for either this or that. As has been said before, G Play .apk files acquisition is a wrong. Amazon (IMHO) is not because as of this writing I can download their appstore directly and purchase apps like any other user. The fact that I get no support is as obvious as the nose on your face to anyone that can add 2 plus 2. It's too early to tell and we will see what happens.

What if you emailed a store and told them you owned a device when in fact you didn't?

11-20-13 12:49 PM
    Agree. I haven't given any perspective on those things so I guess I shouldn't even say I like UX or anything about insincere I haven't used one so I'm not informed. I will stop saying I like the UX from now on since I can't be informed without owning one.
    Thank you

11-20-13 12:51 PM
    But should someone that has not used one be making claims as to performance? No.

I recall thread upon thread where you have 'corrected' me in statements I made about ios, saying that I didn't know what I was talking about and making things up, even though I had an ios device in my pocket. Please, in all fairness, use those same arguments you used against me against someone who has admittedly not used a BB10 device yet is making pages and pages of accusations about the devices.

I'm actually asking you this time, in a polite and respectful way, to use your ambassador or trusted member status (I'm sorry, I'm on CB10 and it doesn't show the title) and be consistent in your posts and backing. Ignore your biases, and use the same level judgement on all us posters. If Some random poster was making claims as this, on an iPhone and had never touched one, you would make sure that they were corrected. Being in the receiving end of that before, I can tell you it's to a point where you don't even want to come back. Consistency please?

I am not correcting the content of his post, I am correcting his statement that someone needs to own a device to post. Where a statement is made as you were as to how to perform certain tasks on iOS and which were not correct, I corrected it. If I remember, it had to do with backup of the device.

I cannot put aside one bias I have that has got nothing to do with a platform - I have a very definite idea as to how an app is to be used and I have a great deal of respect to the developers who write those apps to use them in the manner they created them.

I also cannot put aside a bias I have to following ToS. If Amazon states unequivocally that I can use Android apps from their site on a BlackBerry device then I will do so. Until that is explicitly stated then I will not. I will further not put aside a bias against sites such as 1mobile which I don't know or don't trust or sites whose registry I can't verify. That bias I will not under any circumstance put aside because it speaks to the manner in which I use my device and the data contained in that device.

I have been called a troll for supporting BlackBerry and I have been called a troll for supporting iOS and Android. Through it all I use what I feel works for me. And if someone misrepresents any of the three platforms I use I will correct them, whether it's you, Howarmat, DenverRalphy, TreLawrence, Katiepea, Reeneebob, PantlessPenguin or any of the many many forum members with whom I have gone toe to toe when corrections or when ideas did not merge with mine.

The difference here is that none of the individuals I mentioned took it personally. Others do.

I look at situations as I see them or experience them, not through the prism of platform allegiance.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-20-13 12:53 PM
    What if you emailed a store and told them you owned a device when in fact you didn't?

Why would I do that? Why would I email a store to tell them I own a device when I don't? What is the purpose in that?
    11-20-13 12:55 PM
    But what if that WP device was updated with lots of new features?

Surely you would have to try it all over again?

Maybe. Quite possibly I would since it's the only platform readily available to me which I don't currently own.

But since I now have a new car and a new car note I won't be buying any new devices (including no iPhone 5s gold) until I replace the money I took from my savings account back into my savings account.
    11-20-13 12:57 PM
    Why would I do that? Why would I email a store to tell them I own a device when I don't? What is the purpose in that?
    I dunno bekkay did

Sent from my Z30
    Undbiter65, missing_K-W and bradu1 like this.
    11-20-13 12:58 PM
    Matter of perspective? It's either an open forum or it's not. If you are allowed to have an opinion, everyone else is as well. That's the "open" part of open forum.

Still have no idea why you quoted me and started with "people who don't own a bb10".

You may want to look up the definition of condescending, I don't think it means what you think.it means.
    Hmm... we are all allowed to have an opinion? so I should be able to say how much I hate iPhone here? List off all the reasons hardware wise, software wise, business wise, I think Apple is doing a horrible disservice to its customers, it's manufacturing employees, and the industry in general? Of course I would do it in the apple section of CB. And my opinion would be respected and I wouldn't be attacked and told I was wrong, lieing, and making things up? What a wonderful forum we're in where all opinions are respected equally and allowed to be voiced!

bvious sarcasm as we all see what happens if someone says 'I don't like the new ios icons' and are run out of town on a rail:

11-20-13 12:59 PM
    Maybe. Quite possibly I would since it's the only platform readily available to me which I don't currently own.

But since I now have a new car and a new car note I won't be buying any new devices (including no iPhone 5s gold) until I replace the money I took from my savings account back into my savings account.
    Really? To try one you buy one every time?

Wow!

11-20-13 01:00 PM
    Its amazing how when someone complains about there being a missing feature the fanboys point, shout and proclaim "GET THE LEAK!, IT HAS/FIXES IT!". Yet when a problem arises with said leak, the significance is suddenly downplayed "hey, its a leak what did you expect, official will have it working good". Make up your mind. Is it a solution to the problem or not.
    JeepBB, kbz1960 and lnichols like this.
    11-20-13 01:02 PM
    I dunno bekkay did

Sent from my Z30
    And how is that related to me and what I would do?
    11-20-13 01:04 PM
    Really? To try one you buy one every time?

Wow!

ummmmm.....yes......I've got 14 days to return it.....why would I misrepresent myself?

Example - bought the Playbook. Didn't like it. Returned it and got an iPad. Liked that and kept it.
    11-20-13 01:05 PM
    Thank you

I hope you're being sarcastic as I was. But really if I can't say I don't like something how can I say I like something? This will turn into an awfully quiet ghost town if no one can give an opinion besides zealous fans. Only favorable opinions that repeat over and over.

I don't hate bb10 in fact I'm going to state and opinion without owning it. I like it but I don't like having to always use work around, I don't like that the company seems to keep digging a deeper hole.

Here is a good tip. There is an ignore function that can be used. Yes I know. How will that stop all the non users and non believers from spreading their crap? It won't just it won't stop fanboys from spread false rumors as fact. Rock and hard place.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-20-13 01:05 PM
    I am aware of this. However we are in the midst of a grey area currently with the transition of a new ceo.

Yesterday is the past. I am concerned where we are Now and moving forward.

Beating a dead horse with the past as that is very evident.

Posted via CB10
    The past is why the BlackBerry name is poison. The past is why so many have left for other platforms. The past is BlackBerry's biggest problem. I'm willing to look to the future, but I want to get a road map or plan to know if it is a future worth waiting for, because they have dicked around long enough with "transitions" and they need to deliver!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-20-13 01:06 PM

Same here. I owned a z10 for a few weeks and I have a family member who currently owns one, so I can comment on general aspects of the OS.

In any case, I suppose what missing_K-W suggests is that those who currently don't own a BB10 phone either don't have any knowledge of BB10 (which is a stupid assumption) or he naively believes that participation in this forum requires such ownership.

Well, I suggest missing_K-W read Crackberry forum rules and policies again to avoid any confusion and incorrect expectations.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-20-13 01:07 PM
    I am not correcting the content of his post, I am correcting his statement that someone needs to own a device to post. Where a statement is made as you were as to how to perform certain tasks on iOS and which were not correct, I corrected it. If I remember, it had to do with backup of the device.

I cannot put aside one bias I have that has got nothing to do with a platform - I have a very definite idea as to how an app is to be used and I have a great deal of respect to the developers who write those apps to use them in the manner they created them.

I also cannot put aside a bias I have to following ToS. If Amazon states unequivocally that I can use Android apps from their site on a BlackBerry device then I will do so. Until that is explicitly stated then I will not. I will further not put aside a bias against sites such as 1mobile which I don't know or don't trust or sites whose registry I can't verify. That bias I will not under any circumstance put aside because it speaks to the manner in which I use my device and the data contained in that device.

I have been called a troll for supporting BlackBerry and I have been called a troll for supporting iOS and Android. Through it all I use what I feel works for me. And if someone misrepresents any of the three platforms I use I will correct them, whether it's you, Howarmat, DenverRalphy, TreLawrence, Katiepea, Reeneebob, PantlessPenguin or any of the many many forum members with whom I have gone toe to toe when corrections or when ideas did not merge with mine.

The difference here is that none of the individuals I mentioned took it personally. Others do.

I look at situations as I see them or experience them, not through the prism of platform allegiance.
    OK then, so as a Z10 owner, and I believe you said possible future Z30 owner when a poster makes striking claims about the performance of BB10 devices, and has not used one, I hope you will correct them as you have me. And I do say use as no, I don't expect someone to own one to.make a judgement, but I also don't expect someone that's spent 20 minutes playing with one in a store, or owned one on a first build, to be able to make statement's about a modern product. Just as someone who owned an iPhone 3 should not be making statements about an iPhone 5.

And I'm not talking about bias towards devices, as you say, they're just pieces of glass and plastic correct? I'm talking about bias towards posters. We all have them, we are human and should be able to admit it, but someone who has a title of importance and will use that title in discussions, should be able to separate themselves from those biases.

And on a personal note, no, the back up of the device was once the conversation had turned civil. Lol! And I'm very shocked at who you call out as those you've gone toe to toe with! From an outsiders perspective, having been piled on by all those names in smaller groups at one point or another, that list of names looks like an invite list to a birthday party I wouldn't be invited to! Lol!

11-20-13 01:09 PM
    Same here. I owned a z10 for a few weeks and I have a family member who currently owns one, so I can comment on general aspects of the OS.

In any case, I suppose what missing_K-W suggests is that those who currently don't own a BB10 phone either don't have any knowledge of BB10 (which is a stupid assumption) or he naively believes that participation in this forum requires such ownership.

Well, I suggest missing_K-W read Crackberry forum rules and policies again to avoid any confusion and incorrect expectations.
    It a matter of perspective and where it comes from.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 01:10 PM
    I really don't know. Ask Bekkay. She's the one that did it.

I didn't mean you btw.

11-20-13 01:11 PM
    I dunno bekkay did
    Lol. This thread is still about me.

Yes, I did. Any problem with that? Did someone die? Or do you not lie?

I tell you why it is so important now. It's a red herring. You, guys, don't know what else to bring up to attack a person who doesn't happen to share your opinion.
    JeepBB and paper_monkey like this.
    11-20-13 01:12 PM
    Hmm... we are all allowed to have an opinion? so I should be able to say how much I hate iPhone here? List off all the reasons hardware wise, software wise, business wise, I think Apple is doing a horrible disservice to its customers, it's manufacturing employees, and the industry in general? Of course I would do it in the apple section of CB. And my opinion would be respected and I wouldn't be attacked and told I was wrong, lieing, and making things up? What a wonderful forum we're in where all opinions are respected equally and allowed to be voiced!

bvious sarcasm as we all see what happens if someone says 'I don't like the new ios icons' and are run out of town on a rail:

Ok, here it goes....I LOVE the iOS7 UI.

Big deal. You don't like it and I like it.

Now....if you make an incorrect statement about what the OS does or doesn't do, I will come in and correct it. Big deal, it's not personal, I haven't run you out of town on a rail, I didn't insult you. Unless I call you some pejorative name. And if someone correcting a statement that was made in error is something that you find insulting then that is up to you.
    11-20-13 01:14 PM
1,792 ... 5556575859 ...