Yes! Typing Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more in to your Web browser is horrific! Who would make this so difficult! BlackBerry is dead for sure now!
    If you add-in the lack of support and potential compatibility issues, I wouldn't call it optimal... especially when compared to the process on other platforms.
    paper_monkey likes this.
    11-20-13 11:41 AM
    Yes! Typing http://www.amazon.com/?t=crackberry0...bUvbUpU9581571 in to your Web browser is horrific! Who would make this so difficult! BlackBerry is dead for sure now!

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    If you think that is the extent of the considerations, you have missed several nuances on the thread.

Sent from whichever BBM carrying device I happen to grab, via Tapatalk
    11-20-13 11:41 AM
    I am fine with myopinion. Making myself look silly. I am sure there are some that may view that. I am also sure there are those that enjoy my perspective on the forums. After all this is an open forum. I hold no reservations and am bold to speak my opinions. If i look silly than so be it.
    The irony of saying it's an open forum after telling others not to post here is too good to pass up
    11-20-13 11:55 AM
    Fair enough.

In any case, it's none of missing_K-W's business whether I have a BB10 device or not. Not his, not anyone else's.

If my ownership of certain devices concerns somebody, I suggest taking up with the mods.
    When it does matter is when a poster has made comments about performance and use of said device, as well as comparison to other devices, and it is then found out posters has not used said device. It throws all credibility out the window. And makes further discussion unnecessary. I wouldn't ask a fish how to ride a bicycle.

I own BB10, and until recently have owned android, still own my final piece of iOS hardware, and feel comfortable in making comparisons and opinions. I have not used a WP for any more time than just playing with it in stores, so I will not make a statement about wp other than the fact that if , against all hopes BlackBerry was to shut down, I would go to WP because it is NOT android or ios.

11-20-13 11:56 AM
    If you think that is the extent of the considerations, you have missed several nuances on the thread.

To be fair he was only replying to your specific posts and not all the issues being addressed in this thread.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    11-20-13 12:01 PM
    There is no mythical agreement. And every second post from you says 'but what if there was'.
    If there was it would be legal. There isn't. How are you still not getting this?

If things change, I'll be wrong and you'll be right, and I'll be happy.
    For now, you're wrong. There. Is. No. Agreement.

Posted via CB10
    We needed 20 pages to confirm that Amazon actually doesn't support BB10 devices....
    And we still aren't at the point where some people in this thread can admit to be wrong???

Oh how I love CB.
    If it wouldn't be text only, I could cancel my Cable TV subscription...

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:01 PM
    To be fair he was only replying to your specific posts and not all the issues being addressed in this thread.

In which case I am correct in stating that if he believes that is the extent of the considerations then he has missed several nuances in the thread.
    11-20-13 12:03 PM
    The irony of saying it's an open forum after telling others not to post here is too good to pass up
    The irony of forumers that post on the forums who don't own a BB10 device or have never used it making claims of performance etc is to hard to pass up.

It's a matter of perspective. And many forumers mislead blackberry users into thinking this comes from the perspective of a BB10 user. Heaven forbid even have tried a bb10 device

I'm still waiting for a constructive post by yourself. May I ask why you are always condensending in every post?

Posted via CB10
    playbookster likes this.
    11-20-13 12:03 PM
    So then by this logic, I can download as many movies and songs as I want because they are available for my device. I don't ahve to worry about intellectual property or licences or anything like that.

Sweet! time to download me some movies!
    You don't seem to understand. We get the whole amazon app world experience. This isn't, what has it been called? Scraping? No, if it's a paid app, we need to buy it. If we're getting a movie from the amazon store, we need to pay for it. Using the amazon app store on my Z10 is no different than using it on the SG3 I just installed it on last night to see the difference. Are you under the impression that we are stealing from it? No.

When you go to amazon, through your browser, and click on aop store, it pops up with a 'download our app' well, heck, if I'm invited I'm gonna do it! Open the app and shop their appstore, just like you would on any full android phone.

11-20-13 12:07 PM
    The irony of forumers that post on the forums who don't own a BB10 device or have never used it making claims of performance etc is to hard to pass up.

As previously stated in post 1149, in case it was overlooked the first time around

It is not required to own a BlackBerry device to post in the BlackBerry forums. It is also not required to own an Android device to post in Android Central. Go ahead if you like.
    11-20-13 12:08 PM
    And that's why AS said if they knew who was leaking the Os they would fire them.
    Sounds like another 'bold' statement.

Posted via CB10
    And yet at the same time, those things that us leak users have been requesting here in this forum, on twitter, and through channels (where btw we are telling then what version we're running) are showing up on later builds.

missing_K-W likes this.
    11-20-13 12:11 PM
    As previously stated in post 1149, in case it was overlooked the first time around
    No its not required, but if you want any credibility then owning a bb10 phone is a good thing to have. Especially one with the latest software, not a bought at launch and sold a month later kind of scenario.

Sent from my Z30
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-20-13 12:13 PM
    Well he's not talking about not posting on Crackberry because he doesn't have a BlackBerry 10 device, at least not in the post you quoted. He is referring to making performance comparisons when one doesn't even own a BlackBerry 10 device. Now I haven't been able to read every post here. So don't know if that in fact happened but that is what he's referring to.

missing_K-W likes this.
    11-20-13 12:13 PM
    It becomes an issue when others mislead forumer as to owning a bb10 device or ever using one for that matter.

That is deceipt. As one should be forthcoming giving their perspective on BB10 without owning or even using a BB10 device. This becomes very deceptive as forumers believe that BB10 users are commenting on certain aspects such as ux, performance, apps without even using the device.
    11-20-13 12:14 PM
    We needed 20 pages to confirm that Amazon actually doesn't support BB10 devices....
    And we still aren't at the point where some people in this thread can admit to be wrong???

Oh how I love CB.
    If it wouldn't be text only, I could cancel my Cable TV subscription...

Posted via CB10
    At this point amazon doesn't even know their appstore works on a 10.2.1 device. I have replied to their email stating " the amazon app store works on my BlackBerry device. Am I breaking any laws or agreements by using it?" let's see what they say now.

Sent from my Z30
    11-20-13 12:16 PM
    If you add-in the lack of support and potential compatibility issues, I wouldn't call it optimal... especially when compared to the process on other platforms.
    As we discovered with the release of BB10, the vast majority of android phones in use out there are not running current android software. So I have a feeling there is quite a large number of android users that have compatibility issues with the stores as well. I know with my second android tab I was always running in to issues of this app not compatible with device, and that was a samsung galaxy 2 before the 3 was even available!

missing_K-W and playbookster like this.
    11-20-13 12:20 PM

None missed.

Just a lot of people throwing unnecessary wrenches in to the gears because they like to see sparks.

missing_K-W likes this.
    11-20-13 12:22 PM
    If amazon supported this I'd call it legal.
    If my uncle had breasts I'd call him my aunt.
    Both are equally likely to happen.

Posted via CB10
    What you're implying here is that every single little off-brand cheapie Android handset maker would have to have an agreement with Amazon to be able to connect to their app store, is that correct?
    missing_K-W, Undbiter65 and bradu1 like this.
    11-20-13 12:22 PM
    It becomes an issue when others mislead forumer as to owning a bb10 device or ever using one for that matter.

That is deceipt. As one should be forthcoming giving their perspective on BB10 without owning or even using a BB10 device. This becomes very deceptive as forumers believe that BB10 users are commenting on certain aspects such as ux, performance, apps without even using the device.
    Just like we need forumers that do own one lying about them to try to get someone to buy in. I see that a lot here also.
    11-20-13 12:23 PM
    What you're implying here is that every single little off-brand cheapie Android handset maker would have to have an agreement with Amazon to be able to connect to their app store, is that correct?
    I am very curious to an answer on that. Thanks for the post
    11-20-13 12:24 PM
    Just like we need forumers that do own one lying about them to try to get someone to buy in. I see that a lot here also.
    Nope. That's just as bad Kbz.

kbz1960 likes this.
    11-20-13 12:25 PM
    I find it deceptive why some who have never used BB10 give perspective on such things as BlackBerry10, ux, performance , apps etc..

It's important for us to know where this perspective is coming from. Imho. I see where you are coming from
    11-20-13 12:27 PM

To be fair, there are a lot of issues that don't need to be addressed.

If anyone thinks Amazon is going to say no to a new sales outlet, they are sadly mistaken. Amazon is an open store front. They want sales and sales alone. If an app developer on the amazon app store does not want their app on BB10 then they will need to pull their app from the store.

I did see some cases where people seemed to think we were breaking in to amazon, and stealing apps and movies. That needed to be corrected.

Now, the people pulling off Google Play, yeah, I agree at this point that is piracy. No more than the people using unapproved phones pulling from G Play though. However, I am not doing it. I am using Amazon.

What is funny though, is I bet you the majority of these people up in arms about BlackBerry people having the capability to run android apps would probably run to help their friend on a budget android phone flash the play store on to it.

So many articles online about how to do it, yet no 60 page arguments about if it's right or wrong.

11-20-13 12:29 PM
    No its not required, but if you want any credibility then owning a bb10 phone is a good thing to have. Especially one with the latest software, not a bought at launch and sold a month later kind of scenario.

Sent from my Z30
    That, my friend, is the post of the day.

Feel It, Swipe It, Love It. BlackBerry Z10
    11-20-13 12:36 PM
    At this point amazon doesn't even know their appstore works on a 10.2.1 device. I have replied to their email stating " the amazon app store works on my BlackBerry device. Am I breaking any laws or agreements by using it?" let's see what they say now.

Sent from my Z30
    Thank you for doing that sir.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-20-13 12:37 PM
1,792 ... 5455565758 ...